Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Shocking! Stark killed over single $20,000 debt: Police
Previous  1  2

groisamomma

Post Mon, Jan 20 2014, 9:49 pm
Mevater wrote:
How do you know who this contractor is or any info about him, while not a single newspaper with more connections than you have, knows anything about the contractor other than that he was owed $20,000 and the van and a phone he used were found?

The bolded is not necessarily true in Williamsburg.

Mevater

Post Mon, Jan 20 2014, 9:55 pm
groisamomma wrote:
The bolded is not necessarily true in Williamsburg.
Might be so, Williamsburgers might have inside info on who the contractor is, but newspapers are known to pay big big big bucks for some inside info on a news story and I cant see too many people in Williamsburg refusing big bucks for giving a few juicy details of a news story that they have inside info on, if it wont kill anyone...

Butterfly

Post Mon, Jan 20 2014, 10:15 pm
Hakol Letovah wrote:
I have seen a frum biz with a similar situation, lots of creditors. Banks, contractors, what not.
it does not take much for one angry guy, who is a small contractor, working hard to make a living, trusting a client, and then calling many times to never see his money.

I have seen them angry. When a working person feels he was taken advantage of, and then his calls are ignored, or he gets the run around, you never know how it will explode.

For the small repair guy/plumber/ electrician etc, $20,000 means much more than you can imagine.

I wonder when the wife ask husband "how do you plan to pay this guy", and she gets "dont worry", what does she think?

Ladies, please do worry. make sure the biz practice is Yoshor in eyes of Hashem and Everyone else.

Not speaking about Hashkafically, that we should deal with others in a way that is Kiddush Hashem.

CV not here to criticize.

I am sure the wife wishes she could bring things back and have worked things differently.

So now his wife ought to feel guilty??!!

I'd bet she wasn't even aware or involved with all the detail of his business. Remember she's a busy mom of seven kids, 24/7 job.

lifesagift

Post Tue, Jan 21 2014, 12:37 am
Hakol Letovah wrote:

For the small repair guy/plumber/ electrician etc, $20,000 means much more than you can imagine..

Imho this is neither here nor there. Were not talking getting angry, that I understand. This was obviously not the contractor himself, he hired (contracted?) somebody to do the job for him. I seriously do not see how he could expect to get anything out of this now.
On a different note, I heard that mr stark was found with money in his pocket which he was going to giveto a contractor - anybody heard anything of that? Bottom line, it seems like itll unfortunately take a while until tbe story makes any sense

lifesagift

Post Tue, Jan 21 2014, 12:40 am
Mevater wrote:
I cant see too many people in Williamsburg refusing big bucks for giving a few juicy details of a news story that they have inside info on, if it wont kill anyone...

Just curious, do u know anyone in wsbg? U seems so sure of yourself here

Mevater

Post Tue, Jan 21 2014, 1:17 am
lifesagift wrote:
Just curious, do u know anyone in wsbg? U seems so sure of yourself here
Youre right... I should have said I cant see too many people forfeiting loads of money for an inside story and I shouldnt have mentioned Williamsburg at all! Youre right!

Hakol Letovah

Post Wed, Jan 22 2014, 1:26 pm
I dont think details of what girls from his office say, and how someone knows someone.

How much the police already know or not, will get some clarity with time.

I think we should all make sure OUR families stay away from practice that are not yashrus, or leave others unhappy.

Working with yashrus should be a policy, regardless who we work with.

Somehow, some circles dont feel same rule apply across the board.

I am not discussing a person, a lady or anyone. I want to remind all my friends to make sure our community stands out in being mekadesh Hashem, "Nasata Vanasata Be Emunha" is one of the first questions we will need to answer, and it does not apply only to our own.

A Jewish woman has a strong impact on the home. Make sure all family members conduct themselves in way that is Kiddush Hashem to ANYONE looking at it.

Butterfly

Post Wed, Jan 22 2014, 2:24 pm
Hakol Letovah wrote:
I dont think details of what girls from his office say, and how someone knows someone.

How much the police already know or not, will get some clarity with time.

I think we should all make sure OUR families stay away from practice that are not yashrus, or leave others unhappy.

Working with yashrus should be a policy, regardless who we work with.

Somehow, some circles dont feel same rule apply across the board.

I am not discussing a person, a lady or anyone. I want to remind all my friends to make sure our community stands out in being mekadesh Hashem, "Nasata Vanasata Be Emunha" is one of the first questions we will need to answer, and it does not apply only to our own.

A Jewish woman has a strong impact on the home. Make sure all family members conduct themselves in way that is Kiddush Hashem to ANYONE looking at it.

Although I agree with allot of what you posted and I admire that your intentions are not to discuss anyone in particular (so you quoted) I feel it's still unjustifiable to post it in this particular thread as it comes across as bad mouthing and blaming this particular family again and again.

Shamefully we had enough of bad mouthing on this thread already!!

Why not open a new thread - not a spin off - and discuss this important issue bederech kavod.

It's time to let the grieving family be!!!

naturalmom5

Post Wed, Jan 22 2014, 4:50 pm
[Removed. That was just mean.]

Mevater

Post Wed, Jan 22 2014, 5:29 pm
Hakol Letovah wrote:
For crying out loud! I beg to differ! Anyone who reads the threads on this site (lets fantasize that theyre written by women who have exceptionally bad marriages, right...) should know that probably 50% of the time wives dont have the foggiest about their husbands business dealings and of the 50% of wives who do know of their husbands' business dealings, they have Z E R O CONTROL. IMHO most wives have some control over their kids behavior and discipline but when it comes to their husbands businesses very few have any control if they have any clue at all! Im sure some here will say that they do have influence in their husbands dealings.... there are some who truly do, and there are others who THINK they do. Lets be realistic. The pressures in the business world (not salaried employees were talking about here, thats different) and the pressures of paying bills for medium to large families, surely contribute to doing things that might not be ideal.

Another point to ponder: Whatever percentage of families are getting programs or doing anything for parnasa thats not 100% kosher v'yoshor, do you think any wife would tell her husband lets eat less or change our lifestyle so we can be more straight.... I think its usually the wives who the men say are the ones who want and need more $$$ than the husbands, and less often the husbands needing more $$$ than the wives. Who are the bigger maivinim and have the bigger yetzer hara for houses, decor, furniture, women's and children's designer clothing? The men more often or the women more often? I havent seen or heard women tell their husbands lets cut the shtick and be more honest and we'll just spend less....Sorry.

monseychick

Post Wed, Jan 22 2014, 5:35 pm
" those terrible women of mahuza and matya masya" ( Talmud Sabbath... soncino translation )

Rashi... because they eat up the money of their husbands and always crave more...

Maya

Post Wed, Jan 22 2014, 5:44 pm
Mevater wrote:
For crying out loud! I beg to differ! Anyone who reads the threads on this site (lets fantasize that theyre written by women who have exceptionally bad marriages, right...) should know that probably 50% of the time wives dont have the foggiest about their husbands business dealings and of the 50% of wives who do know of their husbands' business dealings, they have Z E R O CONTROL. IMHO most wives have some control over their kids behavior and discipline but when it comes to their husbands businesses very few have any control if they have any clue at all! Im sure some here will say that they do have influence in their husbands dealings.... there are some who truly do, and there are others who THINK they do. Lets be realistic. The pressures in the business world (not salaried employees were talking about here, thats different) and the pressures of paying bills for medium to large families, surely contribute to doing things that might not be ideal.

I'm one of those women who knows her husband's business inside out and am consulted on a lot of issues, but I definitely agree with you that most do not. And if they do, they have no say at all, and certainly no control. To even remotely blame the wife in this instance is simply absurd.

Mevater

Post Wed, Jan 22 2014, 5:57 pm
Maya wrote:
I'm one of those women who knows her husband's business inside out and am consulted on a lot of issues, but I definitely agree with you that most do not. And if they do, they have no say at all, and certainly no control. To even remotely blame the wife in this instance is simply absurd.
I agree! She might not have known anything about anything! Wealthy busy businessmen who involve their wives in day to day business decisions are very rare, unless the wives are in the business alongside them, I think!!!

incognito

Post Wed, Jan 22 2014, 5:59 pm
Delete

Last edited by incognito on Tue, Oct 06 2015, 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

monseychick

Post Wed, Jan 22 2014, 6:05 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HzVViszAWI

Post Wed, Jan 22 2014, 6:15 pm
Mevater wrote:
I agree! She might not have known anything about anything! Wealthy busy businessmen who involve their wives in day to day business decisions are very rare, unless the wives are in the business alongside them, I think!!!

There is a whole continuum from knowing nothing to knowing everything and I think most wives fall somewhere in the middle.

Many aspects of a Williamsburg Landlord/hard money lender are public and the wife is bound to know certain details. She is not responsible for her husband's actions.

Although this is a thread titled with Starks name I am making my post based on living people who are in the same lines as Stark. You can turn a blind eye, but you are aware of what is going on in the general sense.

Hakol Letovah

Post Wed, Jan 22 2014, 6:52 pm
I encourage all wives to be supportive and attentive, and discuss the dealings.
When doing so, you can also share your values and beliefs, thats Parnassah is min hashamayim, and no matter what, we want do to everything yosher BeEinei Elokim Veodom.
We do not want to belong in any group that one day may end up in the newspaper, and not in a complimentary way.

It started during dating phase (for those who date), discussing what we want our home to look like, what is acceptable, and what is not.

Its also ok for a wife to say; 'I realize you are working hard, and things are not easy. I would not (just as an example) give bank wrong info to get loan or anything relevant, cause this is not how we live our life. I am here to support you. I am happy with what we have, and our yashrus is more important to me than new dresses. In fact, I am quite happy with the dresses I have right now".

Just an example.

I feel many of us just dont get it. I hear from so many who do not think values.

I would rather be missing a dress/ a wig/ a fancy home/ a vacation/ a wedding to be remembered by all for my children etc. in this world, and have nice welcome and menucha after 120.

I am seeing too many people who do not get it. or live in a community, where the Shabbos Drasha is not about Yashrus.

Yashrus needs to be stressed over and over. As a community, as a family, as friends. Talk to your husband, talk to your children on their level about yosher, so when they grow up they have solid foundation from home. This is yours to take with you after 120. This is what Doros Yeshorim mean.
Not learning how to trick the system.
"Ki Tzaid Befiv" was not about Yaakov. it was someone else.
We are not.
Demonstrate your values in everyday life. let them see you are sacrificing external for eternal values.

I know those who just started with entitlement programs, and now are afraid to open the door/ answer the phone. They are now in debt to too many. with business deals that were not correct to begin with.
always started small, and the yetzer is there.

Dont hire someone (contractor/ staff/anyone) not matter who they are, if you dont have a clear ability to pay. its so basic.

Hashem has ways to be meafrnes all, dont we say it in benching, daily?

Make sure your parnassah is a way Hashem will be proud of.

Form a group of friends who want to grow, to dicsuss how to be machanech our children for values and Yahsrus. Listen to tapes about the topic, maybe as a group. Pls pm me for info about such tapes.

We all need Chizuk!!

We all need Bedikas Habayis. We need to take steps to make sure everyone in our home conduct themselves in a path Hashem approves and expects. Chinuch starts very early.

We believe doing good is rewarded by mi sheomor "vehoyo haolom".

Wishing all much Hatzlacha, may you see much bracha for doing Hatov VeHayoshor!

chavamom

Post Mon, Jan 27 2014, 4:08 pm
Mevater wrote:
Might be so, Williamsburgers might have inside info on who the contractor is, but newspapers are known to pay big big big bucks for some inside info on a news story and I cant see too many people in Williamsburg refusing big bucks for giving a few juicy details of a news story that they have inside info on, if it wont kill anyone...

The newspaper has to worry about slander.

Mevater

Post Sun, Mar 30 2014, 12:44 pm
http://nypost.com/2014/03/30/c.....lord/

Detectives are telling the family that an arrest is imminent — before Passover on April 14, or immediately after the eight-day holiday, a source said.

“People have faith in the system,” said Rabbi Moishe Indig. “This is not a thing you can forget.”

Stark cant be brought back, but at least the perps will get theirs!

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Mar 30 2014, 1:34 pm
Ehm, wouldnt the guy who knows he might be arrested, have fled by now?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics