Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
HOw can I tell if a clothing website is legitimate?

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Jan 21 2014, 4:21 pm
Isnt there a website that you can "ask" if other websites are legitimate? I want to buy an article of clothing, but dont know how to tell if the site that I want to buy from is real. How can I tell?

gamanit

Post Tue, Jan 21 2014, 4:26 pm
Google the name of the website along with the word scam. If it's not legitimate, you'll probably find others who will tell you about it.

dimyona

Post Tue, Jan 21 2014, 5:20 pm
scamadviser.com

TzipporahN

Post Tue, Jan 21 2014, 7:30 pm
Also, in general, when inputting your cc details or other sensitive info (eg ssn) make sure the page is secure. Always use a credit card as opposed to a debit card - then you can claim back via the cc company if there's a problem. I recently went to renew my car registration on the state dmv site and it was asking for my ssn on a non-secure page! The way you can tell that it's secure is that the url will start with https:// as opposed to http:// and there should be a padlock showing somewhere around the browser window.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Jan 21 2014, 10:00 pm
Paypal gives you 45 days to make a claim against a seller, regardless of how you pay (credit, debit, eCheck, or balance). Any company with Paypal has SSL certification built in, and Paypal is VERY good with siding with the buyer.

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Jan 22 2014, 2:44 am
dimyona wrote:
scamadviser.com
wow, thanks. that worked quickly. And thank goodness, the site that I wanted to buy something off of is a legitimate site. YEAH!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics