Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Be careful what you wish for!!!
1  2  Next

greenfire

Post Thu, Apr 05 2007, 1:24 pm
so I was in court this morning with my dd who is always truant ... first they were pissed that she was absent for 2 days ... didn't fully understand yom tov ... then she decided to say she wants to go away to boarding school (if she would only go it would be a lot easier to get her into a new school ... like I care after all the ageda I get from her and everything I've done ... she stresses the life out of me and I can't stand her melodrama ... she doesn't realize that boarding to them could also be residential juvinile detention ...

shayna82

Post Thu, Apr 05 2007, 1:28 pm
is that what she wants, a juvenile place? how old is she? what do you want for her after everyhting is said and done. what future do you hope for her, and what does SHE want for herself.

greenfire

Post Thu, Apr 05 2007, 1:33 pm
obviously I don't want the juvinile place ... but if she doesn't shape up and do what she has to ... they might just decide that they are sick of this ... they suggested all this stuff that been there done that and sick of doing ... but what choice do I have ... I'll have another round of everything ... therapists and professionals that don't seem to know what to do with her ... and if she hates me that much ... I say and rude and unlike me as it sounds ... go for it ... maybe my little one and me will have some peace of mind that we deserve ...

shayna82

Post Thu, Apr 05 2007, 1:35 pm
maybe she needs to go somewhere that will toughen her up a little, and show her that the outside world can be a cruel place. maybe then upon coming back home, she will see its not as bad as she thinks it is.

what kind of trouble has she been in. is this just depressive and not wanting to do anything stage. suicide? not thta im for it, but is she on any meds. does she go to a therapist or social worker on a weekly basis?

greenfire

Post Thu, Apr 05 2007, 1:38 pm
oh I've written about her before ... let's see suicide ... her boyfriend shot himself ... she has stolen cigarettes ... done drugs ... is a rebel without a cause ... and now I'm just tired and would LIKE TO HAVE MY NERVOUS BREAKDOWN already... thank you for listening ...

shayna82

Post Thu, Apr 05 2007, 1:41 pm
yikes, you do really need a break, theres only so much one perosn can handle, and she has other siblings that need your hlep too. what about just removing yourself from the situation... I dont mean dont be a mother, but show her you dont care, eventhough you do.. you know like devils advocate... what does she want from you already. how old is she? is she frum? does she sleep at home still?

mom, you need a break. go out with a friend for a night, go overnight if you have too. it dosnt sound like youh ave babies at home, so maybe its a good idea?

greenfire

Post Thu, Apr 05 2007, 1:47 pm
right now my older one has been driving e/o nuts and this one well she is somewhat tame except when we have to go take care of a court day and she acts like I did something to her ... when really it's the opposite ... yeah she never goes to her father ... and my little one is here and my son is home from yeshiva ... so not really a good time to go away ... but definately good time for that nervous breakdown ... although it is not scheduled in anywhere ... and emotionally after having spent morning in court and only real day of chol hamoed ... who wants to do anything?!?!?!

shayna82

Post Thu, Apr 05 2007, 1:49 pm
so have ur nervous breakdown on here, should we start a thread? ill listen, and wont judge... maybe youll feel better. everyone needs to vent.

greenfire

Post Thu, Apr 05 2007, 1:51 pm
thanks ... I'm beginning to feel better already Wink - I guess that's what I needed ... to vent ... you're a very good listener

shayna82

Post Thu, Apr 05 2007, 1:53 pm
awww thanks. I always liked to listen to people.

I cant tell if its staring to flurry, or the wind is just blowing blossoms off the trees. im gonna go nuts indoors the whole day. I told my kids I would take them to the mall.

greenfire

Post Thu, Apr 05 2007, 1:55 pm
go have fun ... it snowed over here so ... pittsburgh must be cold too ... we can send some snow ...

shayna82

Post Thu, Apr 05 2007, 1:56 pm
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SNOW. I put away everything warm already. its april for goodness sake, what in the world is going on???? this is really nuts. it was 75 degrees on tuesday, now its 30... insane weather patterns.. my kids have colds, I wouldnt let them out anyway.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Apr 05 2007, 2:40 pm
No kidding, Green !

My dad always used to threaten us with military school!

greenfire

Post Fri, Apr 06 2007, 12:16 am
chocolate moose wrote:
No kidding, Green !

My dad always used to threaten us with military school!

hey so did my mother ... but it never happened ... and not to me ... I was good Mr. Green

greenfire

Post Fri, Apr 06 2007, 11:12 am
okay so here's the deal ... let's find a dorm school for a jewish rebel teen ... then maybe we both could get some good out of this!!! advice please for all those with ideas or connections or knowledge of such places

withhumor

Post Fri, Apr 06 2007, 1:39 pm
For girls I know nothing, but perhaps she would consider living with a heimish family a few towns away from you. a nice warm mishpacha who has enough money and heart and space to spare for just the right girl!

I wish I can be with you so you can have yourself a nervous breakdown in peace, but you know, it’s the weak ones who have ‘em. It’s the strong ones that are never lucky enough to retreat into that happy place.

For now I’d say, open up the mishpacha magazine and read the article about ‘moshe’ (Rambam) his story about his youth. I cried my brains out.

shanie5

Post Fri, Apr 06 2007, 2:36 pm
I have heard that Monsey Academy for Girls is for troubled teens, but I don't have more info about it.

you can find it on the net though.

greenfire

Post Fri, Apr 06 2007, 2:42 pm
a few towns away has no jews let alone heimish ... and I'm not trying to scare her off but rather bring her closer ... I thought there was one in far rockaway ... or long island ... and I don't have that mishpacha magazine nor time to cry ... so please cry enough for me too ... so I'm too strong to have a nervous breakdown? is that how it goes ... I'm not lucky enough .... Twisted Evil Exploding anger Help What Nervous is there a happy place ...

I was imagining that place to be where only my little one and me were living as though we should and could ... w/o all the chaos of everything else ... but she can't assure me that her teenage hormones will not take over later ... oh well

amother

Post Thu, Apr 12 2007, 10:52 am
I heard of a place in Oregon...don't remember the exact name, but a very nice boarding school that really turned troubled girls around...these were for kids who were headed into residential treatment centers...I know of 2 girls from frum families who went there. Sorry I don't know the name

greenfire

Post Thu, Apr 12 2007, 10:56 am
amother wrote:
I heard of a place in Oregon...don't remember the exact name, but a very nice boarding school that really turned troubled girls around...these were for kids who were headed into residential treatment centers...I know of 2 girls from frum families who went there. Sorry I don't know the name

if it's a frum place could you try to find out for me ...
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children