Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
BDE Mrs. Chasiah Kudan
1  2  Next

marina

Post Wed, Jan 22 2014, 9:58 am
Mrs. Chasiah Kudan, a devoted Chabad Shlucha who inspired many in Florida while battling a lengthy illness, passed away on Wednesday, 21 Shevat 5774.

She was 47.

She co-directed Chabad Ocean Synagogue in Hollywood, Florida, with her husband Rabbi Dovid Kudan, and had a positive influence on her community members through classes and personal interactions.

When asked by a local woman what can she do to help her while she was fighting the cystic fibrosis disease, Mrs. Kudan typically responded, "Start keeping Taharas Hamishpacha," and the woman did.

The Kudans began their Shlichus work at the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia, where they engaged Jewish students. in 1989 they came to Florida's South Broward to join the growing team directed by Rabbi Raphael and Goldie Tennenhaus in Hallandale.

Rabbi Kudan was appointed youth director and Mrs. Kudan was Principal of the Free Hebrew for Juniors religious school. While doing so, the two opened up Chabad Ocean Synagogue in Hollywood.

"She was very bright, she sacrificed her life to the community and was always dedicated to her family," said Rabbi Raphael Tennenhaus, Director of Chabad of South Broward.

"This is a painful loss," said Mrs. Tennenhaus. "She was very smart, had a good sense of humor and was very capable. She was well loved and was a fighter. She had seen so many miracles in her life."

After surviving a double lung transplant in 2001, Mrs. Kudan told a newspaper: "Whatever challenge comes your way, I really believe that, if it's in your way, it's saying that you can handle it. G-d gives us things that we can handle."

The tragic passing occurred as the family is celebrating the marriage of their son, Yossi Kudan to Tzippy Neubort whose wedding took place this past Monday at the Oholei Torah ballroom in Crown Heights.

The news of her passing came as many of Mrs. Kudan's colleagues are on their way to the annual International Kinus Hashluchos in Brooklyn, New York, set to begin tonight.

She is survived by her husband Rabbi Dovid Kudan, their children Mrs. Miri Rubin - Crown Heights, R' Leibel Kudan - Hollywood, FL; R' Yossi Kudan - Crown Heights, R' Mendy Kudan - Los Angeles, CA; Sholom Ber Kudan, and Chana Kudan; and grandchildren.

She is also survived by her parents Tevye and Chaya Robinson from Far Rockaway, and her siblings Gedalia Robinson - Crown Heights, Yossi Robinson, Aryeh Robinson and Beila Helman.

Baruch dayan haemes.

http://www.collive.com/show_news.rtx?id=28720

Last edited by marina on Fri, Jan 24 2014, 6:01 am; edited 2 times in total

grace413

Post Wed, Jan 22 2014, 10:11 am
BDE. She sounds like a real tzadekes.

sequoia

Post Wed, Jan 22 2014, 10:14 am
Baruch dayan haemet.

faigie

Post Wed, Jan 22 2014, 10:24 am
Crying bde.

StrawberrySmoothie

Post Wed, Jan 22 2014, 10:51 am
I have so much to say, so much to mourn over. But the pain is too raw. I can not believe she is gone, she was so full of life. Even when she was so sick... But thanks to her and Clarissa, I am alive today. They saved my life. And I won't ever forget their kindness.

CatLady

Post Wed, Jan 22 2014, 11:07 am
BDE. I never had the privilege of knowing her personally, but there's a little less light in the world now that she has passed away.

Mommy3.5

Post Wed, Jan 22 2014, 11:07 am
BDE.

Barbara

Post Wed, Jan 22 2014, 11:19 am
BDE. My deepest sympathies to her family and friends. She sounds like she was a very special woman.

rae gi

Post Wed, Jan 22 2014, 12:06 pm
BDE.

black and white

Post Wed, Jan 22 2014, 12:11 pm
BDE
May Hashem comfort and send strength to the family.

NotInNJMommy

Post Wed, Jan 22 2014, 12:28 pm
Bde

Isramom8

Post Wed, Jan 22 2014, 12:41 pm
She seems to have been a beautiful woman in all ways. Baruch dayan haemes.

Chana Miriam S

Post Wed, Jan 22 2014, 12:55 pm
Bde.

myself

Post Wed, Jan 22 2014, 3:31 pm
BDE.

Liba

Post Wed, Jan 22 2014, 3:34 pm
baruch dayan haemes. There has been way too much tragedy lately.

We need moshiach.

Cookie Monster

Post Wed, Jan 22 2014, 3:41 pm
BD"E

yentaof8

Post Wed, Jan 22 2014, 4:10 pm
She was my classmate in Seminary and we reconnected on this forum. I haven't visited this site in a few months but checked in today to share my sadness with all of you who cared about her, as she did, all of you.
May Hashem help and comfort her family and give them the strength to get thru this difficult time.

Boruch Dayan Emes!

StrawberrySmoothie

Post Wed, Jan 22 2014, 5:36 pm
I hope everyone can respect Chasiah's privacy. While she may have been a member of this forum, her screen name should not be discussed. She was a very private person and her right to be one does not go away with her unfortunate passing. For herself and for her family.

Thank you.

red sea

Post Wed, Jan 22 2014, 6:44 pm
BD"E

momof2sofar

Post Wed, Jan 22 2014, 6:52 pm
Baruch Dayan Ha'emes. Very sad.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics