Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
FBI theme help

avimom

Post Wed, Jan 22 2014, 9:29 pm
My sons want to be FBI on Purim and I'd like to dress my (only) daughter in something connected to that but more girly. Any ideas????

Dandelion1

Post Wed, Jan 22 2014, 9:57 pm
A spy? Wig & sunglasses?

avimom

Post Wed, Jan 22 2014, 10:03 pm
oh, should add that she's only one :-)

amother

Post Wed, Jan 22 2014, 10:06 pm
How about something to do with Miss Congeniality?

Dandelion1

Post Wed, Jan 22 2014, 10:07 pm
LOL hmm... maybe not then!!

avimom

Post Wed, Jan 22 2014, 10:07 pm
just had to look that up :-) I thinking more a cupcake or something like that but somehow tied in??? Last year she was a bee and the boys were army and we did "bee all that you can bee in the army"...

Dandelion1

Post Wed, Jan 22 2014, 10:10 pm
A miniature version of her brother's costume would be cute Smile

avimom

Post Wed, Jan 22 2014, 10:14 pm
sigh. and give up on my one girly costume??? :-)

Dandelion1

Post Wed, Jan 22 2014, 10:18 pm
I hear you! Do FBI agents have a reputation like the police do for loving donuts? LOL Could that be your tie in to cupcakes? Kind of a stretch tho... Smile

imeinu

Post Thu, Jan 23 2014, 12:17 am
she can be the suspect!

the case they could be working on could be who stole the cookie from the cookie jar!

DrMom

Post Thu, Jan 23 2014, 3:46 am
avimom wrote:
oh, should add that she's only one :-)

Then she'll make an excellent spy!
Nobody suspects one-year-olds of espionage.

cinnamon

Post Thu, Jan 23 2014, 10:43 am
imeinu wrote:
she can be the suspect!

the case they could be working on could be who stole the cookie from the cookie jar!

That is so cute and the mishloach manot idea is already there Smile only how do you dress up as a suspect?

abaker

Post Thu, Jan 23 2014, 11:42 am
cinnamon wrote:
That is so cute and the mishloach manot idea is already there Smile only how do you dress up as a suspect?

red gloves? with a cookie glued to them? lol like being "caught red handed?"

Fox

Post Thu, Jan 23 2014, 12:02 pm
Stop the presses! Y'all are apparently too young to see the obvious theme here:

20th Anniversary of the X-Files!

Plop an auburn wig on DD, and you're good to go! The MM makes itself: a brown paper bag with sunflower seeds and iced tea.

And if DD won't keep a wig on, re-use the bee costume: she'll be the genetically-engineered bee that stung Scully in the famous hallway scene.

I know, I know: there are problems with this theme. Many of the recipients were busy learning bladder control when this show was a hit, and the rest don't watch TV and won't have a clue. Those are the risks with a high-concept theme! To quote a line from Lily Tomlin's guest appearance on said program, "It's not a perfect science."

Cool

DIGRESSION ALERT:

How, you might ask, did a more-or-less non-TV-watching Yeshivish woman become an expert on a TV program to the point that she can pull quotes out of the air?

Starting in 1993, I had four babies in two calendar years, and then another a few years later. So I spent most of the mid- to late-90s up all night feeding, changing, or rocking somebody. And to keep from drifting off and dropping said somebody on his/her head, I watched whatever was being re-run. Apparently science fiction-y things are popular re-runs in the middle of the night, because I became an expert not only on The X-Files, but Star Trek: Next Generation; The Highlander; Stargate; Hercules; Xena, Warrior Princess, and probably others I'm forgetting.

The biggest downside to all this is that my mind conjures up the smell of spit-up and wet diapers whenever I see or hear one of the performers from these enterprises (no pun intended). Hardly an earth-shattering problem, but it does make me sad that I can't really enjoy all the British costume dramas that Gillian Anderson stars in. While it's highly unlikely that Ms. Anderson actually smells like spit-up and wet diapers herself, that's where my mind takes me when I hear her voice. Kevin Sorbo has a large-ish family, so it's quite possible that he actually does smell like spit-up from time to time.

DrMom

Post Thu, Jan 23 2014, 12:08 pm
Hey Fox:
They have better late-night TV where you are.
I rmember wih my first child, the best thing on late at night was the original Japanese Iron Chef series, sort of dubbed in English (not really dubbed, voiced-over). It was hilarious!

avimom

Post Thu, Jan 23 2014, 7:39 pm
fox- thanks for the big laugh!
but Imeinu I think you're really on to something there!! I'll make her a cookie and write who stole the cookie from the cookie jar. I want to wrap a box of cookie crisp in crime scene tape Smile. Loving it! Thanks!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics