Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
Freeze, fridge, or just bake

yo'ma

Post Thu, Jan 23 2014, 5:46 pm
I made cookie dough for shape cookies, but only used half. I plan on using the rest next week mon or tues. Should I just leave it in the fridge, put it in the freezer, or it's better to bake it now? TIA

cbg

Post Thu, Jan 23 2014, 6:00 pm
Freeze

paprika

Post Thu, Jan 23 2014, 6:15 pm
Either one. It won't sour in the fridge till next week.

LittleRed

Post Thu, Jan 23 2014, 7:28 pm
It says in one of the KBD cookbooks that it's better to freeze dough than to freeze cookies.

chocolate chips

Post Thu, Jan 23 2014, 7:37 pm
For a couple days I would leave it in the fridge (say Thursday to Sun/Mon) since it is quicker to soften etc longer than that then freeze.

That said I freeze all my cookies after they are baked. Always. Otherwise tehy either get finished in one day or go stale on the side.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jan 23 2014, 9:45 pm
Note: if your cookie dough was made with oil, the oil will seep out, separate and the dough will become unusable when you freeze or refrigerate. If you did use oil, my sugestion is to bake the cookies now and freeze them while still fresh Smile

solo

Post Thu, Jan 23 2014, 10:28 pm
I prepare cookie dough n freeze all the time. Cc cookie made with oil I shape into balls freeze then put into ziplock. Then I bake as many as I like at a time. For shape cookies I roll out on parchment paper n freeze that way.

shanie5

Post Sat, Jan 25 2014, 8:43 pm
solo wrote:
I prepare cookie dough n freeze all the time. Cc cookie made with oil I shape into balls freeze then put into ziplock. Then I bake as many as I like at a time. For shape cookies I roll out on parchment paper n freeze that way.

This is what I do too.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins