Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Chol Hamoed Outing?

downsyndrome

Post Thu, Apr 05 2007, 7:02 pm
We live in Brooklyn. Our children living at home range in ages from 17 to 2. Tomorrow, Friday, it is going to be freezing outdoors. Can anybody suggest a good indoors place where we would all have a good time and which is not too far from home, considering that it is erev Shabbos?

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Apr 05 2007, 7:25 pm
I went to FAO Schwarz today and LOVED IT. granted I ony have a 1 yr old, but the lower level has a bunch of toys for toddlers to play with, the center level has a whole petting zoo made out of stuffed animals to look at, and the top floor has these amazing cities and people made out of LEGO and PLAYMOBIL. They also have a 'newborn nursery' with dolls looking like human babies. There's not THAT much to do, and the whole thing can be over in an hour, but for my 1 1/2 yr old it was a lot of fun. there are large cars, you can make your own hot wheels car or something, there's a ride simulator, etc etc. check out www.fao.com for more info.

also, SONY in downtown Manhattan is a very overlooked and underrated interactive place to visit.

shanie5

Post Thu, Apr 05 2007, 8:23 pm
how about sony wonders- its not far from fao schwartz, and the tickets are free. you may have to wait a bit before being let in, but my kids- ages 5-19 all enjoyed it.

greenfire

Post Thu, Apr 05 2007, 8:59 pm
is ice skating open?

bashinda

Post Fri, Apr 06 2007, 5:20 am
we went to the mta transit museum because I have a choo choo train afficianado for a daughter.

http://www.mta.info/mta/museum/

shanie5

Post Fri, Apr 06 2007, 11:02 am
bashinda, if your dd really loves trains, you should come see Steamtown National Historic Site. its all about stem trains and you can climb on them and ride on them too.

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Apr 06 2007, 1:22 pm
After work I went to a few stores on Kingston and I guess it was too cold for many to go out, b/c any store that was open, was packed !!!!!!

NotInNJMommy

Post Fri, Apr 06 2007, 1:27 pm
I spent the day in bed with a stomach virus... Sad And it was ds's bday too

happyone

Post Fri, Apr 06 2007, 1:39 pm
For those train lovers check out Northlandz. It's great.

bashinda

Post Fri, Apr 06 2007, 3:21 pm
shanie5 wrote:
bashinda, if your dd really loves trains, you should come see Steamtown National Historic Site. its all about stem trains and you can climb on them and ride on them too.

I'll keep that in mind for another outing. I figure it's too late for this year. DD was going to go to Uncle Moishy but wanted instead to go to the store then when it was too late to go she said she wanted to go to Uncle Moishy. Um, it started an hour ago. Oops.

there's also essex steam train but I went there when I was pg with her (hmm, maybe that's why she loves trains so much?) and it was a waste of time and $$$.

Nevermind about steamtown for now. DD is too young to go. you have to be 6 and up to go on a train ride. Yes she could look at the trains. Oh well.

amother

Post Sun, Apr 08 2007, 6:25 am
Macy's Flower Show

http://www1.macys.com/campaign.....t.jsp

haven't gone yet, but heard about it, sounds magnificent!

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Apr 08 2007, 6:32 am
I have been there and remember being disappointed...it's prety small. also, I just wonder if it's open on Easter sunday . . .

greenfire

Post Sun, Apr 08 2007, 6:46 am
I am selling unassmebled snowmen ... for your chol hamoed FUN!!!!!!!! I have 2 sold in my other post ... any takers here Wink Nervous

withhumor

Post Sun, Apr 08 2007, 8:37 am
I’ll take the nose for my fish, I’m missing 2 carrots.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics