Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Pesach Recipes
HELP my blintzes are not coming out!

S.Shcwartz

Post Sun, Apr 01 2007, 3:17 pm
Any experts on this topic, please help! My blintz stuck to the pot and I got a mix that looks like scrambled eggs.. what am I doing wrong... a better question would be what am I doing right? cuz I'm so bad at cooking, I have no clue how and if anything would be edible this yom tov, let alone 'delicious'...

(withumor, since u enjoy the cooking so much, come on over and lend me a hand will ya? Wink )

S.Shcwartz

Post Sun, Apr 01 2007, 4:44 pm
EIGHTEEN views from pple who are supposed to be cookig for Pesach...and no one can shed some light on this...I'm stuck. PLEASE HELP. I'M BEGGING.

faigie

Post Sun, Apr 01 2007, 4:47 pm
number one...........
youre supposed to cookt he blintz in a pan not a pot.......and the pan better be non stick..........
im not sure why your mix looks curdled, could you please explain what you did there?

cindy324

Post Sun, Apr 01 2007, 9:00 pm
First of all you gotta dissolve the potatoe starch in a bit of water before you add it to the BEATEN eggs. Make sure you whisk in the potato starch/water mixture thoroughly, so that no lumps remain. Then grease a non stick frying pan, about 7" round, heat until very hot, pour about 1/4 cup into frying pan, swish around until the whole bottom is coated , fry until bottom is golden, then flip to brown other side.

Mevater

Post Sun, Apr 01 2007, 10:34 pm
Use a nonstick pan a good one- I use Ballarini, (Make sure you don't have any droplets of water in pan from washing the pan)use oil and wait till oil gets really hot, but not smoking. Pour in desired amt of batter, swish, and flip to the other side.

micki

Post Sun, Apr 01 2007, 10:41 pm
I dissolve potato starch and water- then mix in beatn eggs. and a 1/4 cup oil
every time you ladel out the mixture mix it again.
and I oil it only once to oil it and then I dont use any more oil.
swish wait till it looks dry then I don't flip it cause I roll it non fried side out. then I fry it- if needed.
you can sub sugar for salt for cheese blintzes.

S.Shcwartz

Post Mon, Apr 02 2007, 10:22 am
THANK YOU
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics