Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
My aunt just gave birth to boy #7!!
1  2  Next

amother

Post Tue, Jan 28 2014, 10:13 am
Any cute ideas for a gift?

amother

Post Tue, Jan 28 2014, 10:47 am
What about 'BOY OH BOY'? - A book that has been mentioned on this site- the author has her own blog for it as well...

Sanguine

Post Tue, Jan 28 2014, 11:12 am
She should name him Eden since 7 sons gets you into Gan Eden Very Happy

SplitPea

Post Tue, Jan 28 2014, 11:16 am
at this point the MOM needs a gift.

Spa day, mani/pedi, massage, lotions and creams if she is into that.

Or practical

A case of diapers, case of wipes, a day of babysitting, cleaning help, gift card to a pizza store or another resturant that delivers.

I have a feeling she had enough blue onzies Smile

chocolate chips

Post Tue, Jan 28 2014, 11:49 am
SplitPea wrote:
at this point the MOM needs a gift.

Spa day, mani/pedi, massage, lotions and creams if she is into that.

Or practical

A case of diapers, case of wipes, a day of babysitting, cleaning help, gift card to a pizza store or another resturant that delivers.

I have a feeling she had enough blue onzies Smile
This is exactly what I was going to say.

Either a useful gift such as amazon gift card, diaper.com gift card etc. Or a complete spa day/pamper voucher.

amother

Post Tue, Jan 28 2014, 12:46 pm
Boy oh boy is right.... I have four boys kah and I thought it doesn't get any worse.... I wonder if she knew what she was having. I'm a little nervous to find out when the next pregnancy comes around. Mazal Tov and lots of ENERGY for her.
Nothing in the world can make me more proud when seeing them dressed going to shul....

Simple1

Post Tue, Jan 28 2014, 1:07 pm
Sanguine wrote:
She should name him Eden since 7 sons gets you into Gan Eden Very Happy

Maybe you're joking, but...
http://www.dinonline.org/2013/.....boys/

Simple1

Post Tue, Jan 28 2014, 1:10 pm
It's not necessarily useless to give new baby clothes, because clothing can't last that many kids and still be in good condition.

Another idea, toys for the siblings.

I also really like Split Pea's suggestion for a gift for the mom.

amother

Post Tue, Jan 28 2014, 1:11 pm
amother wrote:
Boy oh boy is right.... I have four boys kah and I thought it doesn't get any worse.... I wonder if she knew what she was having. I'm a little nervous to find out when the next pregnancy comes around. Mazal Tov and lots of ENERGY for her.
Nothing in the world can make me more proud when seeing them dressed going to shul....

Wait wait... We also didn't dream she'll reach #7, you never know... But I also feel there's something special about sending them all to cheder & shul.
I thought that Boy or boy is more for mother's of first/second boys, it tells u all about boys. Is it also interesting for mother's with a lot of experience with boys?

Sanguine

Post Tue, Jan 28 2014, 1:21 pm
Sanguine wrote:
Quote:
She should name him Eden since 7 sons gets you into Gan Eden

Simple1 wrote:

I didn't know if it was true - I heard it from someone who has 7 boys but I guess it's not.

I never understood these "immediate Olam HaBah" things like 3 shidduchim - Does that mean that if I make 3 shidduchim I can then go and have all sorts of fun cause I'm guaraneed Olam Habaa anyway?

Lovelymom1

Post Tue, Jan 28 2014, 1:30 pm
Sanguine wrote:
Sanguine wrote:
Quote:

I didn't know if it was true - I heard it from someone who has 7 boys but I guess it's not.

I never understood these "immediate Olam HaBah" things like 3 shidduchim - Does that mean that if I make 3 shidduchim I can then go and have all sorts of fun cause I'm guaraneed Olam Habaa anyway?

On a lighter note, just for putting up with the boys no matter how many , she'll go to gan Eden....

Simple1

Post Tue, Jan 28 2014, 1:30 pm
Sanguine wrote:
Sanguine wrote:
Quote:

Maybe there should be a Jewish snopes, LOL. I guess I'm sensitive to the boy thing, because I have disproportionately more girls than boys.

Sanguine

Post Tue, Jan 28 2014, 1:50 pm
Simple1 wrote:
Maybe there should be a Jewish snopes, LOL.

I like the idea of a Jewish snopes - all the laws of TH will be on it, most the fast days and of course Pesach cleaning

Imagine forgetting to check snopes and realizing after years Help

m in Israel

Post Tue, Jan 28 2014, 2:18 pm
Sanguine wrote:
Sanguine wrote:
Quote:

Well I always heard the line about the boys being "if you have 7 sons you go straight to Gan Eden because you already had your gehenim here on earth. . . Smile "

I have quite a few boys in a row (not 7, though!), and heard this line many times! I always thought it was a joke, though.

SRK

Post Tue, Jan 28 2014, 3:22 pm
My husband is one of 8 boys, no girls

sunny90

Post Tue, Jan 28 2014, 3:37 pm
I don't like hearing these stories! I have three extremely yummy boys ka"h--still living in hope for a girlie though.

Raisin

Post Tue, Jan 28 2014, 3:42 pm
Simple1 wrote:

yeah, like Haman?

Emotional

Post Tue, Jan 28 2014, 3:46 pm
My kids are still young, so naturally my "vilda Chaya" son is more challenging than my daughters, but most older folks have told me that as teenagers boys are MUCH, MUCH easier (generally speaking) .

Raisin

Post Tue, Jan 28 2014, 3:48 pm
Not necessarily she doesn't need clothes or toys. Most things won't last through 6 uses.

Raisin

Post Tue, Jan 28 2014, 3:54 pm
Emotional wrote:
My kids are still young, so naturally my "vilda Chaya" son is more challenging than my daughters, but most older folks have told me that as teenagers boys are MUCH, MUCH easier (generally speaking) .

Really? I think that so depends on individual kids. OTD kids seem to be much more often boys. And boys often have a harder time fitting into the yeshiva system.

I think the 7 boys thing has always been irritating to me. Why do we need it rubbed into us again that boys are so much better? Boys get a shalom zachor, a bris, some people make an elaborate vach nacht, a pidyan haben. Girls MIGHT get a kiddush. Me, I am thrilled with whatever Hashem gives me. If Hashem thought boys were so much better, surely He would have created more of them? there are roughly equal amounts of boys and girls in the world,* maybe even slightly more girls. Lets just trust Hashem's actions on this one.

*except in those locations where they have the charming practice of aborting female fetuses.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics