Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
In what way have you grown?
1  2  Next

Tefila

Post Sun, Apr 08 2007, 12:14 am
Not physically but maturity. Sometimes with myself I truly wonder embarrassed

BeershevaBubby

Post Sun, Apr 08 2007, 1:20 am
I didn't move to Israel for ideological reasons. I moved mostly for financial reasons.

And then the Intifada reared it's ugly head.

I've learned to see the Hand of haKadosh Baruch Hu in every day life. I've learned to recognize the miracles that occur. I've learned to love the land although I dispair of the government.

I've learned to be more accepting of people who have chosen a different path than I and I continue to open my home and heart to them in the hopes that those who have gone off will return and those who never were on the derech will understand that not everyone who coveres their head or wears a kippah is a religious fanatic.

Through my year of fertility treatments I've learned that 'to every thing, there is a season' and there is only One who determines when your cries and pleas are heard and answered.

I may not have moved to Israel for ideological reasons, but I now stay on my hilltop settlement for such reasons and the view and perspective is amazing.

amother

Post Sun, Apr 08 2007, 1:56 am
Going through the first rough patch in our marriage and coming out on the other side. I found that even though it may seem hopeless (my husband was annoyed with me all of the time, we argued constantly, the children were demanding, we had financial problems), it was possible to hang on and keep trying and ultimately turn things around. In fact, now we're even closer and happier than we were as newlyweds.

Ima'la

Post Sun, Apr 08 2007, 6:47 am
I think I realize how I've matured most when I think back to how I acted years ago - 10...7...5...3... even 1 - and realize that I would act differently now. Of course, there were always cycles of up and downs and even ruts and stagnation (which, of course, is deterioration). But I think that I am now a better wife, mother, friend, and person than I used to be - and I hope that be"H I continue to grow in that direction.

amother

Post Sun, Apr 08 2007, 7:58 am
I have been dealing with marital hell, breast cancer for a 2nd time with a mastectomy last summer (with more reconstructive surgery on the way), and a child with emotional problems - all in the same year! I have felt like I am in gehinnom. Crying

I have learned that just normal, everyday life with its ups and downs is a big bracha. The alternative can be so draining.

I have learned that acceptance is the key to peace of mind. Accept that my children can be difficult, accept that my husband can be difficult. Yes, I would like to help us all grow and be better but I have to accept my family members as they are and have realistic expectations for their behaviors. Does this make sense?

Finally I've learned that Hashem is my only salvation. I have been angry at Him so many times, but still I have seen many other times in my life and the life of others that he can change things in the blink of an eye.

All the tzaros this year have really helped me grow, you should all be zoche to grow and only know simchos!!!

greenfire

Post Sun, Apr 08 2007, 9:23 am
amother wrote:
I have been dealing with marital hell, breast cancer for a 2nd time with a mastectomy last summer (with more reconstructive surgery on the way), and a child with emotional problems - all in the same year! I have felt like I am in gehinnom. Crying

I have learned that just normal, everyday life with its ups and downs is a big bracha. The alternative can be so draining.

I have learned that acceptance is the key to peace of mind. Accept that my children can be difficult, accept that my husband can be difficult. Yes, I would like to help us all grow and be better but I have to accept my family members as they are and have realistic expectations for their behaviors. Does this make sense?

Finally I've learned that Hashem is my only salvation. I have been angry at Him so many times, but still I have seen many other times in my life and the life of others that he can change things in the blink of an eye.

All the tzaros this year have really helped me grow, you should all be zoche to grow and only know simchos!!!

You do make a lot of sense I understand possibly cause of my own hardships ... sorry it has been so hard on you ... you should have brochos too!!! {{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

greenfire

Post Sun, Apr 08 2007, 9:27 am
Sometimes I think I have grown ... when I feel at a spiritual level ... and think and do the same ... yesterday I was one of only 5 women in shul ... and as I was davening I really felt Hashem "anah Hashem Hoshea Na" ... in my heart and in my prayers ... and when all was said and done ... I felt human again ... too mundane too simple too full of taivah and earthly needs and desires ... it makes me question what I am doing here and how it conflicts with my spiritual needs ...

Mitzvahmom

Post Sun, Apr 08 2007, 9:35 am
Yeah this year I reall felt like I am finally going down the right path.

Things seem to just be connecting, becasue I am back in college.

It's as if the kids see a positive thing I am going through, and they want to experience it and be good also.

Yes there are some small bumps in the road, but B"H it's nice...

Even everyone in my community is acting more positive towards me, instead of the single mom with woes... I am a single mom with a drive and goal, so it's n ice Smile

btMOMtoFFBs

Post Sun, Apr 08 2007, 9:41 am
Green, I also live for those spiritual highs and feel a loss when they go away. My rebbetzin told me that its not realistic to expect to stay on that kind of high all the time.

That's the level of a huge Tzaddik. Instead we should try to remember what gets us to those feelings of being connected to Hashem and use those moments to our fullest.

Green and MitzvahMom, you are both superladies doing what you do by yourselves. Pat yourselves on the back for all your successes!

greenfire

Post Sun, Apr 08 2007, 9:48 am
thanks btMOMtoFFBs - I appreciate the pat on the back ...

Ruchel

Post Sun, Apr 08 2007, 10:28 am
Quote:
Green, I also live for those spiritual highs and feel a loss when they go away. My rebbetzin told me that its not realistic to expect to stay on that kind of high all the time.

I agree with your rebbetzin. I do not feel Hashem's presence all the time either!

Quote:
That's the level of a huge Tzaddik. Instead we should try to remember what gets us to those feelings of being connected to Hashem and use those moments to our fullest.

I agree.
Quote:

Green and MitzvahMom, you are both superladies doing what you do by yourselves. Pat yourselves on the back for all your successes!

I agree again!

Personally I don't feel I have really grown, often I feel like an older teen who just adjusts to situations when there is no other way LOL

greenfire

Post Sun, Apr 08 2007, 10:31 am
ruchel - you are quite agreeable today ... thank you as well

Tefila

Post Sun, Apr 22 2007, 3:59 pm
So
1) At almost half a decade I have learned never to say never, ever again!

2) I was so confident in my 20's I had alot of the answers to life dilemmas physical, spiritual, emotional, yada yada only to realize life aint all black and white. clear cut and dry..

3)Things are not always how they look on the surface.

And for all you 20's coons who know this already well good for you, I didn't Tongue Out Twisted Evil

amother

Post Sun, Apr 22 2007, 4:17 pm
With 250 views and only 12 responses could it well be noone else has grown LOL

southernbubby

Post Sun, Apr 22 2007, 4:27 pm
Amother, one would hope that as life goes by, experience would be quite a teacher. Tefilla, did you mean half a decade or half a century? We assume that you are more than 5 years old. I would say that as time goes by, I have a different perception of Hashem and how Hashem works than I did when I was younger.

livalittle

Post Sun, Apr 22 2007, 4:36 pm
Like some of you on this forum, I've also grown from my experience with fertility problems and miscarriage. And some other tough things I experienced this year. It's interesting how pain makes you a better person, more sensitive to others- and so much more appreciative. I don't take much for granted and feel a much stronger dependancy on Hashem. I realize how He has a plan and much of a role He plays in our day to day life. It's so easy to see that when things are working well for you, but I honestly have to say that I feel much more connected to Hashem because of what I have been through.

Tefila

Post Sun, Apr 22 2007, 6:19 pm
Quote:
Tefilla, did you mean half a decade or half a century? We assume that you are more than 5 years old
embarrassed LOL

Lechatchila Ariber

Post Sun, Apr 22 2007, 7:17 pm
Tefila wrote:

And for all you 20's coons who know this already well good for you, I didn't Tongue Out Twisted Evil

you know there is knowing something ...and there is knowing something.

you can know all the right things, all the logical things, but when it comes down to it, we tend to forget when we need to remember.

Lechatchila Ariber

Post Sun, May 13 2007, 9:11 pm
why did this thread end? I liked it

Tefila

Post Sun, May 13 2007, 9:39 pm
Thanks esti, I do too Twisted Evil
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics