Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Desserts
Chocolate soufflé recipe for four?

tigerwife

Post Thu, Jan 30 2014, 6:09 am
Does anyone have a recipe like this? Asking because I only have four ramikens available... Thanks!

busydev

Post Thu, Jan 30 2014, 9:57 am
I make chocolate chip souffle's. make 4 and then use the rest of the dough for cc cookies?
the recipe I was given included "use your favorite cc cookie dough recipe."
I once made with choclate cookie dough-my crinkle cookie recipe, and they came out good too. so you can make 4 and the rest crinkle cookies.
if you want the rest of the recipe lmk

tigerwife

Post Thu, Jan 30 2014, 12:41 pm
Thanks, Busydev!
I'm also wondering if anyone has a chocolate souffle recipe that can be frozen after it's baked, and then just reheated?
Thanks.

sunny90

Post Thu, Jan 30 2014, 12:48 pm
I got this from here. It makes 6, but you can use muffin pans for the rest of the batter. Or eat it. I would, it's so good!

Lava Cakes (Yields 6)

4 tablespoons margarine, room temperature
1/3 cup granulated sugar
3 large eggs
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted
Confectioners' sugar, for dusting
Whipped Cream, for serving

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray 6 cups of a standard muffin tin with Pam. Dust with powdered sugar, and tap out excess. Set aside.

In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and granulated sugar until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. With the mixer on low speed, beat in flour and salt until just combined. Beat in chocolate until just combined. Divide batter evenly among prepared muffin cups. (I've done this by hand too, and it's fine!)

Place muffin tin on a baking sheet; bake just until tops of the cakes no longer jiggle when the pan is lightly shaken, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from oven; let stand 10 minutes.

To serve, turn out cakes, and place on serving plates, bottom sides up. Dust with confectioners' sugar, and serve with whipped cream, if desired.

I made these ahead and reheated them on a blech, and they were amazing!

tigerwife

Post Thu, Jan 30 2014, 3:49 pm
Thank you!
In the meantime I had already made these from cookkosher.com:

http://www.cookkosher.com/inde.....mid=2

Just wondering- did you defrost them before putting them on the blech? Or reheat them directly out of the freezer?

busydev

Post Thu, Jan 30 2014, 4:56 pm
I make my souffles in muffin tins and freeze. then I take out of the freezer and put it straight on top of my cholent pot to warm up after the seuda starts (works fine unless you think it will be a very fast seuda)
hatzlocha
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics