Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Iphone vs. galaxy
1  2  Next

Which smartphone do you recommend?
iphone  
 47%  [ 41 ]
galaxy  
 49%  [ 43 ]
other (please specify below)  
 3%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 87

pickle321

Post Thu, Jan 30 2014, 9:04 am
I am deciding which smartphone to buy. what are your experiences with each? I need one that I can use in israel so it would have to be unlocked. I wont be watching videos on it so it doesnt need too much storage. ill mainly use it for texting, email, phone calls, photos etc

what do u recommend?

I am also considering the nexus 5 but am not sure if it can be used in israel

zissy2004

Post Thu, Jan 30 2014, 9:38 am
To me, nothing beats iphone but that's bc that's what I'm used to.
But if you only use it for what you said, why would you want such an expensive phone?
And BTW any unlocked iphone that uses GSM can be used in Israel.
As a phone now I have a Huawei which is a chinese phone and it uses android but I still like iOS better.

pickle321

Post Thu, Jan 30 2014, 10:17 am
can everyone who voted please explain why they voted for that phone?

Raisin

Post Thu, Jan 30 2014, 10:27 am
I have an iphone, ipad and a galaxy tablet. While I like my tablet and it has features that the iphone/ipad doesn't have, (such as ability to put an sd card in) as well as being much cheaper then an ipad, I find ios a much smoother user experience then android. I still haven't figured out what widgets are and what their purpose is. I find typing much easier on the iphone - I do all my emails on it. I hate typing on my galaxy.

However many people seem pretty happy with more galaxy phones.

If storage is not an issue in your case I would go for an iphone.

shabri

Post Thu, Jan 30 2014, 10:38 am
I had 2 iPhones and just switched to galaxy. I'm so much happier. I love android interface and hate that with apple everything has to be apple to switch through. Much happier with my galaxy

agreer

Post Thu, Jan 30 2014, 11:51 am
a lot of people I know have the iphone; I have a galaxy. I recently had to rent a phone and got an iphone...I haaaaaated it. It doesn't have Swype (a feature that makes typing on those tiny keys so much easier and faster) and you can't do multiple things at once. Videos are clearer and the screen is bigger.

galaxy all the way.

pickle321

Post Thu, Jan 30 2014, 11:56 am
for those with the galaxy do u find that it is too big?

asmileaday

Post Thu, Jan 30 2014, 12:10 pm
I have the galaxy and am switching contracts. I'm also wondering which phone is better? Switch to the iphone?

So if anyone had both please chime in which one you liked better and why.

Op, I do like my galaxy. I never tried an iphone so I'm clueless to compare. But I can tell you what I like about my galaxy.
Big screen, very clear, love the swype-use it all the time, lots of free apps (from what I hear iphone apps generally are not free?). Add to that, that I have it 2 years and I'm just so familiar with how to use it!

asmileaday

Post Thu, Jan 30 2014, 12:12 pm
pickle321 wrote:
for those with the galaxy do u find that it is too big?

I don't find it to be too big. I like the big screen. An iphone ain't too compact either...

MrsButterfly

Post Thu, Jan 30 2014, 12:48 pm
Galaxy is more customizable and able to multitask better. Swype makes a huge difference.

iPhone is a little faster. It's made very badly. The power and home buttons have a high percentage of breaking. People I know with iPhones are always going back to fix it for one reason or another.

I'm too tired to write all the differences in my opinion, but I'll try writing more later.

I love the Galaxy!

miriamnechama

Post Thu, Jan 30 2014, 1:15 pm
you would find this wierd but I LOVE my NOKIA ASHA 302. I'm not a big fam on touch screens, plus iphones and galaxys are expensive in israel, dh's was stolen and we never replaced it.

I didn't pay alot for my phone, it has all the features, like wifi, whatsapp internet phone videos, music texting etc. what more do I need??

chocolate chips

Post Thu, Jan 30 2014, 1:31 pm
I personally have an LG Optimus (which is an android phone) but I barely use it for anything other than pictures, whatsapp calls and text.

I love apple stuff and the iphone but I couldn't afford an iphone.
I still think there are so many things about the iphone that are better and/or easier to use than the andriod phones. I hate the google/android face and so many issues with it.

OhWow!

Post Thu, Jan 30 2014, 2:56 pm
I have the galaxy. I love it and no I don't find it too big.

Ariella28

Post Thu, Jan 30 2014, 5:23 pm
I have a Samsung Galaxy, I love it. My model does not have a lot of internal memory, so that can be a pain sometimes, but the way it works etc is brill!!! I love it!! Smile

OOTBubby

Post Thu, Jan 30 2014, 6:23 pm
I am a big Galaxy and Android fan, though much of my (large) family uses iPhones. What it comes down to is this: if you want a fully customizable phone that you can make to work they way you want it (which is not difficult), go with the Galaxy (or if you want a larger, easier to read screen).

If you prefer something that will just work out of the box and that you can't change much, and will use as is, the the iPhone will work for you. It is significantly smaller and has a smaller screen.

chocolate chips

Post Fri, Jan 31 2014, 12:35 pm
Just wanted to add one huge plus of the android phones are the swype keyboards LOVE LOVE it!!

OOTBubby

Post Fri, Jan 31 2014, 2:03 pm
chocolate chips wrote:
Just wanted to add one huge plus of the android phones are the swype keyboards LOVE LOVE it!!

Even better is the SwiftKey keyboard app which has a swype keyboard plus fantastic predictive word completion.

Sherri

Post Fri, Jan 31 2014, 2:58 pm
OOTBubby wrote:
Even better is the SwiftKey keyboard app which has a swype keyboard plus fantastic predictive word completion.
Not like iPhone's Auto Correct, I hope.

OOTBubby

Post Fri, Jan 31 2014, 3:00 pm
Sherri wrote:
Not like iPhone's Auto Correct, I hope.

Not familiar with iPhone's auto correct, but SwiftKey's is excellent. It learns from what you write. For example, if write Rosh, it will suggest Chodesh as the next word.

Sherri

Post Fri, Jan 31 2014, 3:03 pm
Google "Auto Correct Funnies"...
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars