Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Double Car Stroller Recs? Plus, Snap ?

misteray

Post Mon, Feb 03 2014, 2:26 pm
I'm in the market for a double stroller for the car. I now have a double maclaren that I don't love the push or opening and closing it. It is small folded and fairly light weight, though.

I'm expecting a new baby B"EH and I'll probably have my toddler (2yo at the time of birth) with me whenever I'll be using the stroller. I don't use it so often, but it definitely comes in handy in malls and when we go on trips. I'm thinking that I'd prefer one that will take a carseat just for convenience purposes, but it is not crazy necessary.

I bought a b-agile double a month or so ago, but returned it when I realized that it was pretty big and heavy to be taking in and out of a minivan trunk! I do really like the Valco Zee, but it is above my budget for a car stroller, especially since I'd need to buy an additional car seat adaptor. Also, I'd prefer an adjustable handlebar...

I keep looking back at the Valco Snap, but I really dislike the one canopy for two seats... Does anyone know when they are splitting it in two? I heard their newest version will have two canopies.

Then my other option is more like the stand and sit strollers that fit a car seat like a snap n go, plus a place for a toddler. But, how easy are they to push? To fold? Quality?

So, those are my thoughts! Any replies or recs?

Thanks!!!!

Queen18

Post Mon, Feb 03 2014, 2:32 pm
Don't have much advice for you except to say that I too am an admirer of the Zee. I think it's going to be some time before the Snap comes out with two canopies. As far as I know, they don't have a release date yet. The Zee is awesome. Sometimes you can get it on sale in the non-black colors.

misteray

Post Mon, Feb 03 2014, 3:09 pm
I saw the sales of the zee, but now that I saw the 2013 version has the adjustable handlebars I am waiting very impatiently for those to go on sale! Doesn't seem to be happening yet though...

misteray

Post Thu, Feb 27 2014, 7:42 pm
Well... I ended up looking at the Snap again and really dislike the single canopy. I decided to order the Zee 2012 to see how it compared (they didn't have any in stock) and just got it today. Putting it together didn't take long, but a pain (especially compared to the B-agile I had gotten a few months back). It definitely is not an easy-peasy fold or light weight to lift and put in a trunk. The locks are a pain to lock and unlock and they do need to be used to lift and stow... It is already back in the box and awaiting a UPS pick up for return. OH WELL!!! I do love the look and the push and the canopy was amazing! If I didn't need it for the exclusive purpose of travel, car and errands, it would be a total keeper!

Gonna probably go with the Snap Duo because ultimately it does have everything I need, just dislike the canopy and colors. IY"H I can live with both of those things! I decided the SNS are not good for my purpose now either because my 1.5 yo would not be stable in those seats, plus they are not the easiest to push.

I'll b'n update when I actually purchase the stroller I plan on keeping! Rolling Eyes

misteray

Post Mon, Mar 10 2014, 11:37 am
Okay I got the Snap Duo and I really like it. It is light weight, easy fold, easy lifting, 5 minutes to put together, pushes nicely! Definitely recommend!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics