Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Encopresis
Previous  1  2

dalia1

Post Tue, Feb 04 2014, 6:23 pm
You need to clean him out gently. Giving him adult laxatives and tons of prune juice is going to give him cramps and diarrhea and he will just back up again out of fear (thats essentially what encopresis is - a negative association with BM that causes them to be afraid to poop). You need to clean him out gently with doses of stool softener (not laxatives) such as Mirilax. Start with a half cap and go up from there. Allow the stool to become soft and easy to pass. It takes a few days...trust me...been there.

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, Jun 29 2015, 11:38 pm
I have a 7yr that's suffering from this for over a yr. She has been on Mira lax over 6 months as advised by my pediatrician. She is doing a bit better and is so trying to get this resolved but still sometimes has accidents. Anybody successfully gotten out of this???? Any advice how to heal this completly??? I read horrible thing online, am really sad For my daughter.. thanks

Jewishmofm

Post Tue, Jun 30 2015, 3:23 am
First- this is an old thread. To tackle constipation which may be causing leakage: make sure she is well hydrated. Think "I want her to float away!". Make sure she is getting enough fiber - it bulks up the stool si it can all come out together. Make sure she is cleaned out by enemas (ask your doctor fora schedule of enemas) followed by an xray. If shes cleaned out, ask your doctor about using a senna based laxative for a few weeks to get her regular. Keep pushing fluids and fiber like they're going out of style.
Also, keep a diary of her ins and outs to see of there is something triggering constipation (dairy and fruit are two top possibilities).
B'hatzlacha!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics