Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Child-related inquiries
Long dresses and skirts for toddlers / preschoolers
1  2  Next

Amital

Post Thu, Feb 06 2014, 8:56 am
I can't believe this hasn't been discussed somewhere here, but numerous searches didn't turn up any results. So for those more experienced girl clothing shoppers out there: where do you get longer dresses and skirts for toddlers and preschoolers (especially online)?

I looked at all my usual spots for my older boys, like Old Navy (everything comes to "above knee" length), Children's Place, Lands End (found a play dress for $22 on sale!), Target, Walmart, etc...

I need everyday dresses and skirts for my girls, from sizes 2T and up. Please give me your leads!

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Feb 06 2014, 9:11 am
Honestly, when DD was around that age, I just learned to sew a very basic skirt. One place to run the elastic through, one hem, and a seam up the side.

We had fun in the fabric store picking out cute patterns, and it only took me a few minutes each once I had the sewing machine set up. (digging it out of the garage was the hardest part.)

sky

Post Thu, Feb 06 2014, 9:28 am
I've never bought from here but it was recommended to me for longer skirts. I think you can find coupon codes for them.
http://www.ruum.com/

I've had some luck buying old navy skirts and dresses one size up. Sometimes it works.

I found this brand ran longer http://www.penelopemack.com. Macy's carries some of their items at cheap prices (I paid $12 for a pesach dress last year). Some of their dresses are very cute.

H&M also sometimes has dresses a bit longer. But you may have to size up to cover the knees. It won't work for a taller girl.

http://www.hm.com/

Amital

Post Thu, Feb 06 2014, 9:44 am
Thanks for the replies so far. For the larger sizes, covering knees is important. But in 2T and 3T, where my oldest girl currently is, I keep finding everything more like a long top than a dress! I'd go for about knee length. And my girls aren't particularly tall.

Thanks, and please keep them coming!

busydev

Post Thu, Feb 06 2014, 10:07 am
not online (I dont think) but my neighbors have had success in places like marshalls and tj max.
burlington may have some... they for sure have shabbos type but may also have weekday. I never really looked cuz I only have boys so far. they do have a website tho.

questioner

Post Thu, Feb 06 2014, 12:54 pm
I find that jumpers are easier to "size up" then skirts because the waist doesn't have to fit as well.

mommy24

Post Thu, Feb 06 2014, 3:37 pm
sky wrote:
I've never bought from here but it was recommended to me for longer skirts. I think you can find coupon codes for them.
http://www.ruum.com/

I've had some luck buying old navy skirts and dresses one size up. Sometimes it works.

I found this brand ran longer http://www.penelopemack.com. Macy's carries some of their items at cheap prices (I paid $12 for a pesach dress last year). Some of their dresses are very cute.

H&M also sometimes has dresses a bit longer. But you may have to size up to cover the knees. It won't work for a taller girl.

http://www.hm.com/

I have bought from ruum.com, their skirts are NOT longer. and my girls are on the shorter side.

I get dresses from H&M. Skirts are really hard to find, I ended up just going into Junee jrs and getting a whole bunch of skirts, they were around $30. but unless its dressed, which my girls don't like, its really hard to find tznius clothes for younger (and older) girls.

sky

Post Fri, Feb 07 2014, 10:18 am
mommy24 wrote:
I have bought from ruum.com, their skirts are NOT longer. and my girls are on the shorter side.

thank you for letting me know. I was thinking about trying to order from them this summer.

bobeli

Post Wed, Mar 26 2014, 10:18 pm
very hard to find.
do maxi dresses or skirts, oshkosh and tcp have some.
if the girls are young (4 y) gymboree and crazy 8 work if you size up.

sky

Post Thu, Mar 27 2014, 9:32 am
I just got 3 skirts from Lands in Sears. I sized up (size 6 on tallish 4 year old).
2 cotton skirts hit her low mid knee. She isn't 5 yet, so I'm going with it.
The pleated uniform skirt was below her knee.

I also sized up to size 6 in the tiered ruffled children's place shabbos skirt and it was good, but the other skirts were not. Size 6 shabbos dress also covered her knees. (for 4 year old)

I think I'm in my last year of buying skirts for her online.

Don't know if that helps anyone.

flowerpower

Post Thu, Mar 27 2014, 9:52 am
I find skirts at Gap and Lands end. I go up a size or two but its good because it comes with an adjustable waist.

bnm

Post Thu, Mar 27 2014, 9:54 am
I go up a size or 2, my daughter is 5 and wearing size 7-8-9 from Gymboree with adjustable waists that I just pull tight. t shirts she wears a 6

runninglate

Post Thu, Mar 27 2014, 9:59 am
flowerpower wrote:
I find skirts at Gap and Lands end. I go up a size or two but its good because it comes with an adjustable waist.
everything I saw at gap this season seemed short. What did you find? I found 2decent length dresses in old navy.

baba

Post Thu, Mar 27 2014, 10:36 am
I buy dresses one or even 2 sizes too big. Especially sleeveless ones, since they're anyway wearing a shirt underneath, it usually works.

L25

Post Thu, Mar 27 2014, 10:55 am
sorry if I'm stating an obvious solution that you've already looked in to with no luck but....do you know anyone who might have hand me downs? I find I have the best luck with those skirts. I know a few people who keep me in mind and that takes care of most of my daughters skirts. My issue is shirts- either they show her tummy or look like she's wearing a non existent Smile big sister's clothing and shirts I usually buy new so it's not a oh it's been washed too many times issue.....

mandr

Post Thu, Mar 27 2014, 10:56 am
Costco has these adorable jumpers and dresses that look long enough, for $16.99

bobeli

Post Thu, Mar 27 2014, 12:52 pm
they look nice! which costco is this?
I went to the one in brooklyn yesterday and I didn't see them

mandr

Post Thu, Mar 27 2014, 12:55 pm
bobeli wrote:
they look nice! which costco is this?
I went to the one in brooklyn yesterday and I didn't see them

The one in Nanuet. You can ask your local one if they will carry it - the item number is in the picture.

seeker

Post Thu, Mar 27 2014, 1:28 pm
Dresses are a little harder; skirts I find I can buy a couple of sizes bigger and they still fit fine and go longer. So my 3-year-old is wearing size 5 skirts. Sometimes I take them in a little.

RachelB

Post Thu, Mar 27 2014, 3:07 pm
Hanna Anderson, Land's End, Shez Ami. And I sew many of the skirts
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Child-related inquiries