Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Wedding Halls in Lakewood
1  2  Next

amother

Post Thu, Feb 06 2014, 5:29 pm
What is considered to be the fanciest/most expensive HALL (not hotel) to get married in lakewood currently? Im not sure if the fanciest hall and most expensive hall are going to be the same, so feel free to give 2 answers.

Also, what is the cheapest place to get married? Bais Faiga still?

Not sure if this will factor in either answer, but were talking about a wedding for 400+.

TIA

amother

Post Thu, Feb 06 2014, 5:47 pm
Cheapest is def Bais Faiga.

Fanciest/most expensive is going to be a tossup between Lake Terrace and Neemas Hachaim (Bais Tova). You can do upgraded weddings in either of the two to make it as fancy as you like.
I got married in Neemas Hachaim, I loved the hall. We had prime rib as the entrée, and a full blown smorgasboard. You can go as simple or upgraded as you like in either hall

naturalmom5

Post Thu, Feb 06 2014, 5:48 pm
Reality and Hype

Talk on street ... Lake Terrace all that
However by snowstorm 2 weeks ago they didn't even plow parking lot properly . I had trouble parking and I was from the first cars there at 6.
The place also tends to lack proper maintenance. The rooms aren't as clean and fresh as they should be

Was just by Neimus HaChayim (Bais Tova) mon night and really liked it

Word of caution sample the caterers food and watch how they do things before booking

amother

Post Thu, Feb 06 2014, 6:03 pm
Which caterer is better?

(I dont know much about either, and dont live in lakewood so I dont remember the food since I dont go to weddings there often enough)

What would be more expensive, lake terrace or neemas hachaim?

amother

Post Thu, Feb 06 2014, 6:33 pm
Neemas Hachaim hall does takana weddings. You can get married in a beautiful hall for very cheap.

Someone donated one million dollars to them if they do takana weddings. It's such a nice thing that people that can't afford it can still make a beautiful wedding for their child for pennies.

sky

Post Thu, Feb 06 2014, 7:52 pm
Neimus HaChayim is gorgeous.

MyKidsRQte

Post Thu, Feb 06 2014, 8:23 pm
Im making a chasuna in Neemas hachaim in a couple of weeks. Its a gorgeous hall.

amother

Post Thu, Feb 06 2014, 8:26 pm
One thing I will tell you, if you use Bais Faiga. Tell them you want to pay for 4 extra waiters. It's a couple hundred dollars & makes a huge difference in how your guests are treated.

Quote:
... can still make a beautiful wedding for their child for pennies.

Well, strictly speaking, you are right, because $10,000 is actually 1,000,000 pennies.
But most people don't called that pennies.

amother

Post Thu, Feb 06 2014, 8:31 pm
To make a beautiful wedding for $10,000 is spoon cheap.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Feb 06 2014, 9:13 pm
A big factor to me, especially for a large chasuna, would be the size of the dance floor.
Anyway, mazel tov and hope all goes well!

lkwdmommy

Post Mon, Feb 10 2014, 4:46 pm
So, yes. Bais Faiga-now called Ateres Chana - is definitely the cheapest place to make a wedding. They fixed the hall up recently and it is very nice.

Lake Terrace and Neemas Hachaim are the fanciest. I like Neemas Hachaim better-newer and more intereting and tasteful decor. Greenwald caters in Lake Terrace; Michael Schick in Neemas Hachaim. I have been to souped up versions in both and preferred Greenwald's catering. Also, the dance floor is better in Lake Terrace and it is all on ground level (if you have older/handicapped family members, it's difficult to get from the shmorg to the chuppa and back for the meal). The acoustics are not great in either one (bring earplugs).

I also heard that Lake Terrace is easier to work with if you have any extras or special requests-but I only heard this second-hand and did not confirm.

Mazel Tov and Hatzlacha!

lkwdmommy

Post Mon, Feb 10 2014, 4:47 pm
amother wrote:
To make a beautiful wedding for $10,000 is spoon cheap.

Neemas Hachaim is not 10,000. Not even for Takana night.

amother

Post Mon, Feb 10 2014, 5:05 pm
lkwdmommy wrote:
Neemas Hachaim is not 10,000. Not even for Takana night.

More or less?

amother

Post Mon, Feb 10 2014, 5:16 pm
How much does the average weddings cost in these 2?
and how much per couple?

amother

Post Mon, Feb 10 2014, 5:21 pm
I believe Neemas Hachaim takana wedding is $20,000.00. That is all inclusive. Flowers, photographer, 1 man band. The flowers they offer are gorgeous. You get your choice of 2 centerpieces, but only on the women side. The caterer, Michael Schick, is very good, and does a lot of upscale weddings at other locations. It is the nicest, fanciest, hall, and it is well maintained. The other hall mentioned is old and not maintained at all. As far as concerned handicap access, there are ramps everywhere. This should not be an issue at all.

$20,000.00 is a great deal. I'm making a wedding in Brooklyn soon and it's costing a little more than double. We did upgrade, but nothing too extravagant, except for the music. I thought we really budgeted ourselves well.

amother

Post Mon, Feb 10 2014, 5:54 pm
amother wrote:
I believe Neemas Hachaim takana wedding is $20,000.00. That is all inclusive. Flowers, photographer, 1 man band. The flowers they offer are gorgeous. You get your choice of 2 centerpieces, but only on the women side. The caterer, Michael Schick, is very good, and does a lot of upscale weddings at other locations. It is the nicest, fanciest, hall, and it is well maintained. The other hall mentioned is old and not maintained at all. As far as concerned handicap access, there are ramps everywhere. This should not be an issue at all.

$20,000.00 is a great deal. I'm making a wedding in Brooklyn soon and it's costing a little more than double. We did upgrade, but nothing too extravagant, except for the music. I thought we really budgeted ourselves well.

Which Brooklyn hall? Does 40-45K include everything?

amother

Post Mon, Feb 10 2014, 8:43 pm
Wow. I made chasunas a few years ago. It could be with FLOP it hit 20k, the other side took care of that. But our chasunas for 400 in Lakewood and 260 in Bklyn weren't anywhere near 20K.

amother

Post Mon, Feb 10 2014, 10:46 pm
amother wrote:
Which Brooklyn hall? Does 40-45K include everything?

600 ppl
Hall and caterer. $30,000 includes vallet parking and full open bar
Flowers 3,600 includes beautiful chupa, bouquet, corsages, lapel flowers, centerpieces, and a lobby piece
Photographer 6,000 includes 2 photographer, 2 video men, all proofs, 3 albums (big size)
Music. 4,200 5 piece band plus singer
Total 43,800

The hall is brand new, gorgeous, modern, big, just opened 3 months ago

I could have saved more on the photos by getting 1photographer, 1 video man, 1 album
Also could have saved on the music if we would have gone with a DJ or a smaller band

monseychick

Post Mon, Feb 10 2014, 11:26 pm
amother wrote:
600 ppl
Hall and caterer. $30,000 includes vallet parking and full open bar
Flowers 3,600 includes beautiful chupa, bouquet, corsages, lapel flowers, centerpieces, and a lobby piece
Photographer 6,000 includes 2 photographer, 2 video men, all proofs, 3 albums (big size)
Music. 4,200 5 piece band plus singer
Total 43,800

The hall is brand new, gorgeous, modern, big, just opened 3 months ago

I could have saved more on the photos by getting 1photographer, 1 video man, 1 album
Also could have saved on the music if we would have gone with a DJ or a smaller band

Everything here sounds about right.. Except the photography is really outrageously overpriced..

amother

Post Mon, Feb 10 2014, 11:31 pm
monseychick wrote:
Everything here sounds about right.. Except the photography is really outrageously overpriced..

That's because we opted on 2 video men, and 2 photographers. Also we upgraded on the album.
The total on the wedding was still in the budget we set.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics