Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Driving rules

amother

Post Fri, Feb 07 2014, 3:15 pm
I wasn't sure what topic to put this under...
I am currently taking driving lessons (I live in New Jersey) and though I generally consider myself a smart person, I am having a very hard time "chapping" certain concepts, for example the rules of right-of-way at these busy intersections. My road test is in a couple of weeks and my driving instructor is being very stern with me about getting this straight.
Does anyone know of a course I could take, or a book (not the manual I studied for the permit!) that can help me with this?

MrsDash

Post Fri, Feb 07 2014, 4:06 pm
Everything is in the manual. If you have to, review it as much as possible before getting your license. 4-way stop - rule is that whoever got there first goes first, but if you get there at the same time as someone else, whoever is on the right goes first. Right at a red light - Must do a full stop, as if you are at a stop sign, if you are permitted to turn right on red, you can go if there is clearance, but keep in mind that sometimes some traffic lights have green turning arrows, so while it may seem that you have clearance, you must also be aware of any turning cars. I must have read the New Jersey's drivers manual more than 50 times. You will learn with practice, and reading the rules.

And with New Jersey, you are going to encounter many aggressive drivers. Don't ever try to "fight" with other drivers, it's a form of road rage, and road rage can lead to major distraction, which in turn leads to accidents. If someone is tailgating, continue at your speed, don't slow down or speed up -in other words, don't acknowledge this behavior. These are by nature either aggressive drivers, or drivers who are not paying attention. If you get into a situation where a driver is bothering you, and making you feel scared, either pull over or drive into the nearest parking lot where a lot of other people are. For some reason, when some people get into their cars, they became animals, these people should definitely not be on the road, but there is nothing we can do about them, except to keep ourselves and our loved ones safe from these people. Good Luck and Be Safe!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics