Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Big Bang Theory - Sheldon Kisses Amy
1  2  Next

amother

Post Sat, Feb 08 2014, 10:17 pm

slushiemom

Post Sun, Feb 09 2014, 1:02 am
yaaay!!!! that was such a fun moment Smile and great episode, too

ally

Post Sun, Feb 09 2014, 1:07 am
I actually really dislike their relationship. It's incredibly dysfunctional and I think she would be much better off leaving him.

slushiemom

Post Sun, Feb 09 2014, 1:09 am
ally wrote:
I actually really dislike their relationship. It's incredibly dysfunctional and I think she would be much better off leaving him.

totally. that's why it's funny! Smile in a drama, it wouldn't work. it's perfect for this show

ally

Post Sun, Feb 09 2014, 1:11 am
slushiemom wrote:
totally. that's why it's funny! Smile in a drama, it wouldn't work. it's perfect for this show

I don't think so. I think the producers have taken it too far/stretched it out too long. It just makes me sad.

Bruria

Post Sun, Feb 09 2014, 1:39 am
Yayy! I was waiting for this moment in their "lives"for so long already! haha!

DrMom

Post Sun, Feb 09 2014, 2:24 am
Why are intelligent people depicted as social imbeciles? A someone who attended the institution supposedly depicted in this show, I find these stereotypes to be ludicrous.

chanchy123

Post Sun, Feb 09 2014, 3:50 am
ally wrote:

I was just saying the same thing. He really doesn't appreciate her, it's borderline abusive.

saw50st8

Post Sun, Feb 09 2014, 4:44 am
DrMom wrote:
Why are intelligent people depicted as social imbeciles? A someone who attended the institution supposedly depicted in this show, I find these stereotypes to be ludicrous.

I went to similar (less prestigious) institutions like the ones on the show.

There was definitely a percentage of people who behave like them.

ally

Post Sun, Feb 09 2014, 5:09 am
saw50st8 wrote:
I went to similar (less prestigious) institutions like the ones on the show.

There was definitely a percentage of people who behave like them.

My experience is the same.

ally

Post Sun, Feb 09 2014, 5:10 am
chanchy123 wrote:
I was just saying the same thing. He really doesn't appreciate her, it's borderline abusive.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. Other than this aspect, I really enjoy the show.

mommy3b2c

Post Sun, Feb 09 2014, 5:22 am
You should have written spoiler alert. I did not get a chance to watch last weeks episode yet

amother

Post Sun, Feb 09 2014, 5:36 am
Their relationship is totally dysfunctional, but I can't see how it is abusive. Sheldon is emotionally handicapped and not purposefully doing anything to hurt Amy. She sticks with him knowing full well that he is unable to give her what she needs and deserves in a relationship. She isn't coerced into staying with him, she simply likes him and usually appreciates him desipite his huge faults.

Neither has more power. Neither are cruel or violent.

As painful as it is to see how Sheldon treats Amy, I think it is almost cruel of Amy to keep Sheldon in a relationship that he clearly doesn't have the emotional capacity, sensory tolerance or desire for.

amother

Post Sun, Feb 09 2014, 6:27 am
I may be in he minority here, but knowing that mayim bialik ( Amy) is jewish and has been interested in exploring her roots and keeping certain mitzvos etc ( such as alwYs wearing sleeves and skirts) I always thought that no kissing was an insistence of hers and the script was being written accordingly... So I was slightly disappointed to see that kiss. I really do respect her!

amother

Post Sun, Feb 09 2014, 7:35 am
amother wrote:
Their relationship is totally dysfunctional, but I can't see how it is abusive. Sheldon is emotionally handicapped and not purposefully doing anything to hurt Amy. She sticks with him knowing full well that he is unable to give her what she needs and deserves in a relationship. She isn't coerced into staying with him, she simply likes him and usually appreciates him desipite his huge faults.

Neither has more power. Neither are cruel or violent.

As painful as it is to see how Sheldon treats Amy, I think it is almost cruel of Amy to keep Sheldon in a relationship that he clearly doesn't have the emotional capacity, sensory tolerance or desire for.

Op here.

My ex was like him, but he was OCD (not gay). I did leave him in real life.

The reason I posted this is that my ex never kissed me like that. How could he? He was a germaphobic. I was very happy that Amy got kissed in a way that I never did. Smile

amother

Post Sun, Feb 09 2014, 9:17 am
Op here.

Last night I dreamed that I trailed Sheldon until I met up with him to tell him the following message, "The story is not real. Rewrite the script so that Amy only gets a peck on the cheek."

mommy08

Post Sun, Feb 09 2014, 12:56 pm
its funny how a frum woman (relatively frum) kisses a gay guy.

love the show!

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Feb 09 2014, 7:00 pm
I also wondered what she (mayim) was thinking - but she's not married, so maybe there's a leniency there. Who knows.

sequoia

Post Sun, Feb 09 2014, 7:28 pm
I thought I posted here, was my post removed?

A stage kiss is not the same as a real kiss.

mommyla

Post Sun, Feb 09 2014, 7:33 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
I also wondered what she (mayim) was thinking - but she's not married, so maybe there's a leniency there. Who knows.

It could be verrrry well-done camera angles and they're not actually kissing.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics