Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Do I give Tylenol again?

amother

Post Mon, Feb 10 2014, 12:08 pm
Gave DS Tylenol for high fever, but he vomited 1/2 hr later. Do I give more Tylenol or wait the 4 hours now?

Lady Bug

Post Mon, Feb 10 2014, 12:13 pm
Give Motrin now and Tylenol later.

hop613

Post Mon, Feb 10 2014, 12:13 pm
Call your dr. I would give advil instead if he still seems uncomfortable, but I am not a doctor.

busydev

Post Mon, Feb 10 2014, 2:49 pm
call ur dr but you should be able to give motrin now and tylenol in 4 hrs.

mommyto3RN

Post Mon, Feb 10 2014, 3:27 pm
Did u see the medicine in the throw up? Half hr later usually sinething absorbed I believe and motrin would be my best bet but def ask dr before u do that bc kids systems r more sensitive

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Feb 10 2014, 3:33 pm
I find it so funny how many of you are saying that she should give a different type of medication now. Do you all really keep tylenol, advil, motrin, whatever else there is, in your homes? I have one type of medicine for myself and one for my child for fever, pains etc. Thats it. Why would you need more than one? Never heard of such a thing.

mommyto3RN

Post Mon, Feb 10 2014, 3:44 pm
Yeah I def have Tylenol and motrin at home for adults and have Tylenol for my toddler and both for my baby just never had time to get a motrin for toddler I like to have both at home I like to use them sparingly really only when really necessary but I like to have all things stocked at home in case anything is ever needed and not to run to the store.

Pineapple

Post Mon, Feb 10 2014, 4:00 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
I find it so funny how many of you are saying that she should give a different type of medication now. Do you all really keep tylenol, advil, motrin, whatever else there is, in your homes? I have one type of medicine for myself and one for my child for fever, pains etc. Thats it. Why would you need more than one? Never heard of such a thing.

I have Tylenol for low fever/pain etc.

I find motrin works better for high fever

Ms.MaryMack(inblack)

Post Mon, Feb 10 2014, 4:05 pm
I keep both on hand both adult and childrens. Different situations call for different medications...
Mil, is a big advocate of using both switching between the two, start with tylenol and before the four hours are up, if the child's fever goes back up or complains of pain then give the advil..

Lady Bug

Post Mon, Feb 10 2014, 5:51 pm
I have both. Tylenol works better for high fever, Motrin (or Advil - same thing) works better for pain. If one wears off before it's time for the next dose, I give the other, as per my doctor's instructions.

The Happy Wife

Post Mon, Feb 10 2014, 5:55 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:

I use tylenol for headaches, and advil for othr pain usually. Also, advil is anti-nflammatory, while tylenol, I believe, is not.
For my child, I have both as well, in case we need to alternate (we've had to do this before).

tweety1

Post Mon, Feb 10 2014, 5:56 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:

Theres a common theory (not sure how it works) of alternating tylenol and motrin that it works better. I personally dont do it but I've heard many ppl do it

busydev

Post Mon, Feb 10 2014, 6:55 pm
my dr has recommended switching between the two when ds was in lots of pain. I have both in stock for children and adults. I find ibuprofen (motrin) works better for me in general but when im pregnant I take tylenol. I will also use ibuprofen for the kids before bedtime since it lasts longer.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics