Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
If youd need to replace a Bosch, would you get Bosch again?
1  2  Next

Mevater

Post Mon, Feb 10 2014, 2:51 pm
My very old Bosch stand mixer is not repairable because it needs a new motor and theyre no longer available.

Ive been happy with the Bosch because I like using 5 lbs of flour, I like having a cover for the bowls, and it lasted long (I cant remember when I bought it but I think about 15 or more years).

Woud you even consider another brand?

What are the main differences between the old Bosch stand mixers and new model Bosch stand mixers?

boro parker

Post Mon, Feb 10 2014, 2:53 pm
I don't know what the old ones were like, I have the new model, othing beats the bosch! As you said it's 15+ years, no other mixer will take you so far.

L K

Post Mon, Feb 10 2014, 2:57 pm
What models do you use, with what functions/features?
Any difference between using a Bosch machine and bread machine?

I can't tell the difference between a mixer and challah one (if there is a difference!).

Are you talking about machines in $600 or so range?

Thanks

studying_torah

Post Mon, Feb 10 2014, 3:01 pm
Love my Bosch for dough and whipping egg whites hate it for cakes.
I'm constantly scraping around the middle stick to incorporate the ing that get stuck there.
Also if I need to whip egg whites plus other ingredients, I either need to put over the snow or use a hand mixer for the rest bec there is only one bowl. So if you do get another Bosch, def keep your old bowls.

Rubber Ducky

Post Mon, Feb 10 2014, 3:06 pm
I used to have a Bosch. It lasted 5 or 6 years and that was it. I never replaced it and have been kneading challah by hand ever since. It's good exercise Very Happy and the hand-kneaded challahs have a better texture than Bosch-kneaded ones. If I were to buy a new stand new mixer it would be a Magic Mill (Electrolux). I use a Kitchenaid hand mixer for mixing cakes, whipping egg whites, and such.

Mevater

Post Mon, Feb 10 2014, 3:23 pm
Are the Bosches the same price wherever you go in Brooklyn and online? Do they ever go on sale?

Ariella28

Post Mon, Feb 10 2014, 3:53 pm
I have the new Bosch, 3 years old. It has broken several times! 1st of all it wont fit u more than 1.5kg of flour and u can only do 1.5 in the metal bowl! when I got married I had the option to buy the old one for cheaper, and I thought the new one must b better, so I got it, but no, its not as good!! the guy that has fixed mine, my sil and few friends have it and all say the same things, its not the same!! my 2 sisters and mom have the old one and they are all going strng!!!!! I prob wouldt get a diff mixer cos thats what my mom uses and im used to it, it is good but I would call it a little more fragile than the old one.

Mevater

Post Mon, Feb 10 2014, 5:28 pm
Ariella28 wrote:
I have the new Bosch, 3 years old. It has broken several times! 1st of all it wont fit u more than 1.5kg of flour and u can only do 1.5 in the metal bowl! when I got married I had the option to buy the old one for cheaper, and I thought the new one must b better, so I got it, but no, its not as good!! the guy that has fixed mine, my sil and few friends have it and all say the same things, its not the same!! my 2 sisters and mom have the old one and they are all going strng!!!!! I prob wouldt get a diff mixer cos thats what my mom uses and im used to it, it is good but I would call it a little more fragile than the old one.
So if your Mom had to replace hers (if hers wasnt fixable) what do you think she would she buy?

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Feb 10 2014, 5:44 pm
It sounds like you need to look in restaurant supply places. The commercial ones can be a lot more fragile than the industrial ones. The industrial mixers have all steel, no plastic, and have more serviceable parts. You'll pay a couple hundred dollars more, but you'll be able to find more attachments for it, and it will last you a very, very long time. If you use your mixer a lot, and use it for heavy things like challah, I definitely would avoid any consumer grade models.

Mevater

Post Mon, Feb 10 2014, 5:48 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
It sounds like you need to look in restaurant supply places. The commercial ones can be a lot more fragile than the industrial ones. The industrial mixers have all steel, no plastic, and have more serviceable parts. You'll pay a couple hundred dollars more, but you'll be able to find more attachments for it, and it will last you a very, very long time. If you use your mixer a lot, and use it for heavy things like challah, I definitely would avoid any consumer grade models.
More than 15 years is good enough for me. I was happy with the Bosch while it lasted. No one I know has a commercial stand mixer, so I wouldnt know where to begin. I wouldnt buy strictly by ratings.

myself

Post Mon, Feb 10 2014, 5:53 pm
I would definitely buy a Bosch again!

tweety1

Post Mon, Feb 10 2014, 6:00 pm
I got 2 bowls a metal and plastic. I love my machine. I have 2! When I bake challahs I use both at once. I have a newer model that I won and an older one that I bought. Basically theyre both the same

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Feb 11 2014, 6:11 am
I found a good link for you, for industrial mixers. http://www.webstaurantstore.co.....e_asc

Ariella28

Post Tue, Feb 11 2014, 6:20 am
Mevater wrote:
So if your Mom had to replace hers (if hers wasnt fixable) what do you think she would she buy?

good question, she would probably buy the bosch again, she loves it and is used to it. I do like it but the new one is not as strong as the old one!

m in Israel

Post Tue, Feb 11 2014, 7:46 am
I got a Bosch mixer when I got married and was very happy with it. I had the regular bowl (the plastic one) and I also bought the metal "Challah bowl" separately. I baked Challah in that bowl for 10 years, using a bit more than 5 pounds of Challah in each batch (about 2 1/2 kilo) and never had a problem. We moved to Israel then so I gave it away because I decided to buy one on 220 voltage. I kept the Challah bowl from my U.S. one, and have been using the 220 V Bosch for 3 1/2 years. I still use it for the same size Challah batch.

The annoying thing is that you need to scrape down the middle (when using the regular plastic bowl), and if you are trying to mix a small amount the beaters don't quite touch the bottom. But overall I'm very happy with it.

Ariella28

Post Tue, Feb 11 2014, 7:59 am
Do u have the new model? Because the new model metal Bowl is different to the old one, u use the same dough hook as u would use for the plastic Bowl, that is why u can't do more than 1.5kg (I'm sure ppl do more, that is what the guy told me, when mine broke from using too much!)

Liba

Post Tue, Feb 11 2014, 8:01 am
When my Bosch motor died after about 5 years or use, the repair man warned me to be careful with it (not to overload it, always use the metal bowl for dough, etc) since they aren't making replacement motors for the old Bosch and the new one has a lot more plastic and he was predicting it wouldn't last well.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Feb 11 2014, 10:52 am
If you mainly use it for challah, go with the Magic Mill -- it also holds 5 lbs comfortably.

But if you want it more as an all-purpose machine, the Bosch is better at regular baking (cookies, etc)

Bosch is usually cheapest at BB&B with 20% coupon -- and they stand behind the purchases you make there.

groisamomma

Post Tue, Feb 11 2014, 12:16 pm
My Bosch motor broke, too Sad but I'm saving up for a new one, definitely a Bosch...would not go with another model. Mine lasted 12 years and took a lot of abuse along the way (fell out of the cabinet or off the counter a few times, etc. till it finally died).

Didi

Post Tue, Feb 11 2014, 2:18 pm
My old bosch lasted aprox 12yrs, replaced it and BH going strong on 5yrs. I would replace it again if needed.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars