Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Help! Boys =soldiers Girls=?

amother

Post Mon, Feb 10 2014, 6:34 pm
My sons want to be soldiers. My little 3 year old daughter can be what? Easy to work with a theme as a unit, but need help finding a female coordinating costume or idea here. Thanks

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Feb 10 2014, 6:36 pm
There are women in the IDF. Just make a little skirt for her out of camouflage fabric, and dress the rest of her like the boys. Sling a toy Uzi over her back, and she'll be adorable!

amother

Post Mon, Feb 10 2014, 6:46 pm
Thanks! Adorable idea but I am terrible at sewing . Looked for a ready made girls costume online but they are non existant... Don't want to put her in pants as she is really girly...

kb

Post Mon, Feb 10 2014, 7:07 pm
I found this one which is really cute, but not in her size. It does mean that they do exist, though!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Girls-.....ad8b6

OOTforlife

Post Mon, Feb 10 2014, 7:41 pm
Sailor outfit? They're in the army and she's in the navy Smile

amother

Post Mon, Feb 10 2014, 8:14 pm
There are definitely little girl soldier costumes. I had my 2 boys in green soldier costumes and my daughter in a pink one. She was adorable!! Check amazon ..

amother

Post Mon, Feb 10 2014, 8:17 pm
amother wrote:
There are definitely little girl soldier costumes. I had my 2 boys in green soldier costumes and my daughter in a pink one. She was adorable!! Check amazon ..

I'd love to find something like this! But my search is only yielding womens costumes... Any leads like a brand name or something? Thank you

amother

Post Mon, Feb 10 2014, 8:27 pm
Go to fantasytoyland.com and search for "toddler pink camouflage suit." They have it.

It's pants though.

You're not gonna find that in a skirt. If you really want a skirt you could take the above costume to the seamstress and just ask her to turn the pants into a skirt.

avimom

Post Mon, Feb 10 2014, 9:02 pm
I did this last year since the pink camouflage didn't come in her size. Made my daughter a bee and did "bee all you can bee in the army".

amother

Post Mon, Feb 10 2014, 9:08 pm
Thank you everyone!

welcome home

Post Mon, Feb 10 2014, 9:32 pm
You have lots of different options. Below are some sites where you can find something that may appeal to you.

http://www.etsy.com/search/han.....+pink

http://www.etsy.com/search?q=g.....to=US

http://sophiasstyle.shop.rakut......html

http://www.etsy.com/search/han.....to=US

busydev

Post Mon, Feb 10 2014, 10:25 pm
what abt a nurse or medic to heal the soilders?

imasinger

Post Mon, Feb 10 2014, 10:48 pm
Or a toy trumpet or drum to be the company bugler or drummer?

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Feb 10 2014, 10:50 pm
imasinger wrote:
Or a toy trumpet or drum to be the company bugler or drummer?

You want to give a trumpet or a drum to a toddler? shock Not listening It wasnt me

I'm starting to believe that you have no actual, real life experience with children. LOL

(of course, that could just be my migraine talking Wink )

imasinger

Post Mon, Feb 10 2014, 11:02 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
You want to give a trumpet or a drum to a toddler? shock Not listening It wasnt me

I'm starting to believe that you have no actual, real life experience with children. LOL

(of course, that could just be my migraine talking Wink )

Refuah shleima.

I promise not to invite you over when I am giving music lessons. Or when I am teaching in a school.

I hope that your megilla readings are attended by the most genteel of graggers. Smile

amother

Post Tue, Feb 11 2014, 7:15 pm
amother wrote:

Op here.

First of all thanks all for the help and the links!

I ve seen the pink camouflage suit and its adorable but can only find it in huge sizes or the 18 months.

Im so tempted to get that one, but she s 3! How do they run? Anyone know?

amother

Post Tue, Feb 11 2014, 9:16 pm
In terms of how it runs --

When my daughter wore it she was 18
months and it was just right. If your daughter is a regular sized 3 1/2 year old it's no way gonna fit. Especially because it's one piece, if I recall correctly. If anything I'd get a much bigger size and take it in. It doesn't need to be a very expensive professional job.

amother

Post Tue, Feb 11 2014, 9:19 pm
And btw I remember thinking back then (2 yrs ago) how lucky I was that I needed size 18 months because it seemed to be the only little size that anyone had! So you're not crazy ... It's weird!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics