Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Workers Comp Help

amother

Post Tue, Feb 11 2014, 8:36 am
A few months my DH was injured at work. It was no fault of his own. There was a dangerous setup and unfortanetly he was the first to find it. It knocked him out at first. But then he felt fine. He called his dr who told him he must go to the closest hospital ASAP. He drove himself there and they admitted him immediately and went through a battery of large tests and they said he was okay but should follow up with neurologist.
We have been getting the run around from Workers Comp for months. They made him an appt with a local dr. My DH said he wants to go to a top dr. They said no, then sent an e-mail that they would send him where they wanted, but then said it was a mistake and they cannot. Then again made an appointment with a local dr which was canceled because of snow. Again they sent him to a local dr. He got there today and instead of a dr he had an appointment with an insurance evaluator and they wanted him to sign a bunch of forms. He said no and walked out.

In the meantime he is having all sorts of issues coming up and it is making him very nervous. It is affecting his quality of life. He is still able to preform his job with no issue.

What can we do at this point. He calls and sends e-mails to the workers comp and has an e-mail trail with them but they only return his calls or e-mail him back when they want him to do something. Not when he has a request.

The whole thing is so frustrating and we aren't sure were to turn.

amother

Post Tue, Feb 11 2014, 8:40 am
I'm the OP - We aren't even looking for money for a settlement - we just want an appointment with a solid dr to figure out what is going on. I don't think we could get a lawyer to do this for us because there would be no monetary settlement being that my DH can work same as before. Its just affecting his life in other ways.

amother

Post Tue, Feb 11 2014, 10:50 am
OP again. I'm hoping someone can advise.
This is in the USA.

Also, they never reimbursed my dh for his hospital tests which cost us our copay and detuctible out of pocket. First the hospital billed us and them. Then the hospital told us if we didn't pay it would go on our credit report so we paid it. We e-mailed the bill and proof of payment to the workers comp rep and sent e-mails requesting compensation - and they haven't.

A licensed worker came down from the employer and investigated what happened. There was definitely something there that could have ch'v killed my dh had the situation been slightly different. No one is denying that - and that is something that could affect someone for life.

I wish someone would take responsibility in getting him to a good dr.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics