Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Guests
Help! feel like a horrible person sometimes
Previous  1  2

abound

Post Wed, Feb 12 2014, 1:41 am
nursingstudent wrote:
I did think about this...I dont think she goes on but ine never knows. After I posted I forgot to post anonymously and wasnt sure how to change that. On one hand I needed to vent on the other just had to make sure I wasnt completely wrong in not having ppl over. I dont wanna give excuses why not to have people but every time I gave an excuse it was legit. I actually asked dh next time he sees them to say I was upset about one particular situation tp confront them and give them a chance to apologize and understand thst it was not the right thing to do.

I understand you were upset about the incident But why does your DH need to confront you, it infantile's (is that even a word?) you when you cannot do it for yourself.

justforfun87

Post Wed, Feb 12 2014, 1:58 am
I would just say I am sorry but we can't have you this Friday night BUT does shabbos day of next week work for you? Offer an alternative date.

DrMom

Post Wed, Feb 12 2014, 2:03 am
OP: To me, it is very rude to invite oneself over for a meal. I certainly wouldn't feel obligated to have someone over just because s/he asked. Okay, she's pregnant and in school... but you are also in school, and your kids are not quietly swimming around in your womb -- they need your attention. Plus it's your mikvah night? Eve if you liked these people that would be stressful. And you don't even like them? No way.

If you want to socialize with them to please your DH, find a less stressful time. Tell them, "Sorry, but we already have plans for that Shabbat. How about getting together next Tuesday?"

piece

Post Wed, Feb 12 2014, 5:54 am
why should you feel horrible if you don't like them--you cant force what you don't feel.
it seems your husband understands you don't go for them; but since he is friendly with them & they don't come too often, see if you can be gracious & have them over those few times. but on the other hand if this Frid night doesn't work for you & you tell this over to the Mrs, it doesn't take Einstein to understand your reason why.
just say this frid night doesn't work for you, but the next avail Shabbos you'll let her know.
take it easy on yourself. as long as you can be polite, gracious when they come.

mommyto3RN

Post Wed, Feb 12 2014, 6:16 am
Thank you everyone for ur advice and reassuring words!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics