Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
My brownies didn't come out right

PinkandYellow

Post Thu, Feb 13 2014, 9:18 am
I made brownies from the mix and the edges were mildly burnt and the middle completely raw! I'm wondering if I can reconstitute these ruined brownies to something else? I'd hate to throw them away just because I can't bake embarrassed

smss

Post Thu, Feb 13 2014, 10:45 am
does your oven have convection? my old oven didn't and my brownies always came out like that...

PinkandYellow

Post Thu, Feb 13 2014, 10:49 am
No, it's a regular old-fashioned oven. I'm not too happy about it and I don't want to throw them out if I don't have to.

basement

Post Thu, Feb 13 2014, 12:44 pm
I think kbd short on time has a recipe for brownie bites. Basically, take your less-than-perfect batch and roll them into small balls, then roll in toppings (cocoa, conf sugar, nuts, etc)- should look pretty and taste good!

smss

Post Thu, Feb 13 2014, 12:47 pm
PinkandYellow wrote:
No, it's a regular old-fashioned oven. I'm not too happy about it and I don't want to throw them out if I don't have to.

yeah, I found that brownies and cakes just didn't work in a non-convection oven. don't worry, it's not that you don't know how to bake Smile

what I did with my ruined brownies was I froze them- they were pretty good that way.

greenfire

Post Thu, Feb 13 2014, 1:17 pm
time out ~ I call the edges !!!

ROFL

Post Thu, Feb 13 2014, 1:50 pm
Yes. Whip up one of those rich whips. Layer your brownie cake with whip. You can also make Vanilla or chocolate pudding to layer with the brownies and the whip. Decorate with strawberries or blueberries ( or leave them off, my kids don't like them mixed together .
Enjoy
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins