Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Weight watchers

amother

Post Sun, Feb 16 2014, 11:02 pm
what do you eat on shabbos? do you cook different for you and the rest of the family?

amother

Post Sun, Feb 16 2014, 11:09 pm
Just started last wk. I eat the reg meal portion controlled. And calculate points

amother

Post Sun, Feb 16 2014, 11:57 pm
I try to make a kugel that is less points than potato such as cauliflower or broccoli I would still make the family a potato lukshen or apple. I usually used artificial sweetners when cooking but wouldn't give that to my kids so it's hard to say. My hubby could use to lose weight so for him I also gave the artificial sweetners. Chicken I try to make recipes that are less points like bake instead of fry. So it really depends on what your kids and hubby eat. If they are willing to eat the healthier versions then no just get them eating healthier too.

rainbow baby

Post Mon, Feb 17 2014, 6:08 am
You could do a filling and healthy day for Shabbos, that way your food you have on Shabbos is free and all you need to do is point your challah.

I will point my Challah probably about 3 points per slice, I make wholemeal challah, then salmon with a huge salad with, cucumber, tomato, pepper, pickles and pomegranate in, a beetroot salad for starts. If you have the mayo have light and its 1 points for 1tbsp, and devilled eggs from the weight watcher site this is pointed I think 2 per egg but it could be more.

I will have chicken soup but use the carcasses with no skin or fat on and loads or carrots and onions in.

Then chicken cooked with no skin or fat on in a tomato sauce:- tinned tomato, coke cola, salt, pepper, soy sauce and garlic all boiled together and placed over the chicken. I will make a potato kugal with potato, onion, salt, pepper, eggs and sparkling water instead of the oil or make dry roasted potato's done with salt, pepper and spray, boil first. You could make roasted butternut squash instead.

For dessert poached pears, boiled in sugar free jelly, cinnamon, a fruit tea bag, sweetener, rind from an orange, a it of lemon juice and some vanilla essence. I make a cake that's from weight watchers.

Shabbos day is pretty much the same for first course, don't usual have second as the everyone is full from the Kiddush in Shul. If there is non might make schnitzels in the oven, chicken breasts dipped in egg with salt and pepper, garlic and onion powder, then dipped in oats. Place on the tray and spray with oil and place in the oven for about 25-30 minutes. Will make a quinoa or bulgar wheat or brown rice slad depending on what I have in at the time. Basically roast small squares of eggplant and butternut squash with spray oil and salt and pepper. Boil whatever carb u are using and let cool. Add the roasted veg salt and pepper, orange segments, fresh mint leaves, think that's it. Mix altogether.

I think the key is to eat as much fruit and veg as possible. I think even though the carbohydrate is free on filling and healthy days you still need to be very careful how much you have so will fill up more on the protein then the carbohydrate.

Whatever I have my hubby and kids all have as well. They don't even realise it's weight watchers food!!!

Good luck!!!!

flowerpower

Post Mon, Feb 17 2014, 8:49 am
I use ww matzah instead of challah, eat a lot of cut up veggies by the day meal, make a lowfat kugal like cauliflower or broccoli...

faigyl

Post Mon, Feb 17 2014, 9:28 am
I'm on Simply Filling

Friday night:
Matzah- 3 pts
Gefilte Fish- 0pts
Chicken Soup with whole wheat egg noodles - 0pts
Chicken and veggies- 0pts

Shabbos Morning
Matzah- 3 pts
Eggs with fat free mayo- 0pts
Cholent- 0pts ( I make with no fat added)

Shalosh Seudos:
Matzah- 3 pts
Gefilte Fish- 0
Eggs- 0
Cheerios with fat free milk- 0

amother

Post Mon, Feb 17 2014, 11:08 am
faigyl wrote:
I'm on Simply Filling

Friday night:
Matzah- 3 pts
Gefilte Fish- 0pts
Chicken Soup with whole wheat egg noodles - 0pts
Chicken and veggies- 0pts

Shabbos Morning
Matzah- 3 pts
Eggs with fat free mayo- 0pts
Cholent- 0pts ( I make with no fat added)

Shalosh Seudos:
Matzah- 3 pts
Gefilte Fish- 0
Eggs- 0
Cheerios with fat free milk- 0

how come most of the stuff you eat are 0 points? chicken soup is 2 points or so per cup
my hubby is on ww but since he doesn't eat on friday so he is starving by the meal. I do my own ww challah but he wouldn't give up on cholent

faigyl

Post Mon, Feb 17 2014, 11:13 am
cuz I'm doing the Simply Filling Technique instead of Points Plus. You can eat power foods without counting the points and you just count points on things that arent power foods.
Most chicken, fish, beef, whole wheat pastas/rice, veggies, fruits etc are free
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise