Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
What if you think a poster is a man?
1  2  3  Next

amother

Post Mon, Feb 17 2014, 9:08 am
Does this happen to anyone else? Sometimes I am almost 100% sure that a poster is a man by the way that they always mention DH (as if it is to make sure that we all believe that the poster is a woman) or the way they give sources to things. I am not saying that women cant source things out either, but the way that they do it.

Was anyone else ever almost sure that a poster was a man? What did you do? I dont know what to do. Its weirding me out.

amother

Post Mon, Feb 17 2014, 9:12 am
amother wrote:
Does this happen to anyone else? Sometimes I am almost 100% sure that a poster is a man by the way that they always mention DH (as if it is to make sure that we all believe that the poster is a woman) or the way they give sources to things. I am not saying that women cant source things out either, but the way that they do it.

Was anyone else ever almost sure that a poster was a man? What did you do? I dont know what to do. Its weirding me out.

Report the post

watergirl

Post Mon, Feb 17 2014, 9:14 am
As long as were talking about reporting posts, amother above - why go amother for such a comment?

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Feb 17 2014, 9:22 am
watergirl wrote:
As long as were talking about reporting posts, amother above - why go amother for such a comment?
oops, it was me, didnt mean to be anonymous. This question has been bothering me for a while. Its not one post. So how does one report a poster? That question is for the previous reply.

Cookie Monster

Post Mon, Feb 17 2014, 9:29 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
oops, it was me, didnt mean to be anonymous. This question has been bothering me for a while. Its not one post. So how does one report a poster? That question is for the previous reply.

Ha! And I thought its a man!

gold21

Post Mon, Feb 17 2014, 10:02 am
If u know the posters screenname, maybe mention it to Yael?
I have definitely seen posts that I'm 99 percent sure are written by a man, but they're anonymous.

SplitPea

Post Mon, Feb 17 2014, 10:06 am
I have a suggestion to stop a lot of it. Make the intimacy section only viewable after 50 posts and 30 days membership or something like that. That will stop half the men and boys from getting on here.
I am a member of a few forums that do similar

Happy18

Post Mon, Feb 17 2014, 10:13 am
SplitPea wrote:
I have a suggestion to stop a lot of it. Make the intimacy section only viewable after 50 posts and 30 days membership or something like that. That will stop half the men and boys from getting on here.

I agree. There needs to be a bigger waiting period.

Sanguine

Post Mon, Feb 17 2014, 10:14 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
So how does one report a poster?

Click the exclamation mark in the top right corner of the post anda box will come up for your comments to the authorities

Ruchel

Post Mon, Feb 17 2014, 10:30 am
Some thought I was a man because I detest man-bashing.
BH some posters met me Wink

bluebird

Post Mon, Feb 17 2014, 10:34 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
So how does one report a poster? That question is for the previous reply.

View their profile, then click the link to report them.

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Feb 17 2014, 12:08 pm
SplitPea wrote:
The poster that I am thinking about is not even posting in the intimacy section. Its a style of writing that is making me wonder.

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Feb 17 2014, 12:08 pm
bluebird wrote:
View their profile, then click the link to report them.
thanks.

gold21

Post Mon, Feb 17 2014, 12:09 pm
Ruchel wrote:
Some thought I was a man because I detest man-bashing.
BH some posters met me Wink

Never thought u were a man LOL. U sound girly to me.

Sanguine

Post Mon, Feb 17 2014, 12:25 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
The poster that I am thinking about is not even posting in the intimacy section. Its a style of writing that is making me wonder.

So tell us who it is and see if we agree

greenfire

Post Mon, Feb 17 2014, 12:26 pm
I was about to report this thread for you being a man ...

amother

Post Mon, Feb 17 2014, 12:40 pm
I can well imagine whom you mean but it's nothing to get overexcited or be alarmed about because this poster was lucky enough to be honored with a personal phone call from Yael when she first joined for exactly this suspicion you have. Mind you, there are some women who are a bit more knowledgeable and learned than most others and they might sound like "a man". They generally don't post any personal information about themselves. Aside from that, they do b"H have husbands who are, no doubt smarter than them, and more knowledgeable than them and many times these women discuss some IM issues with their "DH" who add some extra strong salt and pepper to their posts, freaking women, like OP, out. Therefore, if you have doubts about an old poster, either you should contact Yael directly or you should be dl"z that when they write "DH" it is face value "DH".

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Feb 17 2014, 12:43 pm
amother wrote:
I can well imagine whom you mean but it's nothing to get overexcited or be alarmed about because this poster was lucky enough to be honored with a personal phone call from Yael when she first joined for exactly this suspicion you have. Mind you, there are some women who are a bit more knowledgeable and learned than most others and they might sound like "a man". They generally don't post any personal information about themselves. Aside from that, they do b"H have husbands who are, no doubt smarter than them, and more knowledgeable than them and many times these women discuss some IM issues with their "DH" who add some extra strong salt and pepper to their posts, freaking women, like OP, out. Therefore, if you have doubts about an old poster, either you should contact Yael directly or you should be dl"z that when they write "DH" it is face value "DH".
The poster who I am thinking of does not live in america. Do you think yael called her then?
And its not that the poster that I am unsure about is "smarter". Thats not it. I know that there are many women on this site who can source things out till tomorrow, but its the way this poster writes things.

sequoia

Post Mon, Feb 17 2014, 12:47 pm
Yes, I know whom you mean. Many people had similar suspicions.

bluebird

Post Mon, Feb 17 2014, 12:55 pm
Oh, is TammyTammy back? Twisted Evil

Deleted the rest as I took care of the part which may be toeles to this thread.

Last edited by bluebird on Mon, Feb 17 2014, 1:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette