Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
What if you think a poster is a man?
Previous  1  2  3

Sanguine

Post Mon, Feb 17 2014, 2:23 pm
amother wrote:
I can well imagine whom you mean but it's nothing to get overexcited or be alarmed about because this poster was lucky enough to be honored with a personal phone call from Yael when she first joined for exactly this suspicion you have. Mind you, there are some women who are a bit more knowledgeable and learned than most others and they might sound like "a man". They generally don't post any personal information about themselves. Aside from that, they do b"H have husbands who are, no doubt smarter than them, and more knowledgeable than them and many times these women discuss some IM issues with their "DH" who add some extra strong salt and pepper to their posts, freaking women, like OP, out. Therefore, if you have doubts about an old poster, either you should contact Yael directly or you should be dl"z that when they write "DH" it is face value "DH".

Hmmm... So this is the proof that the person everyone is thinking of, isn't a man? I trust this post - It's written by amother and we all know amother well (really, would a man let himself be called amother?)

tigerwife

Post Mon, Feb 17 2014, 2:29 pm
MrsDash wrote:
That's why you gotta have the word "Mrs" in your screen name. No one will suspect that Cool

And the suspicions abound.
Dear me. Was using the word 'wife' in my screen name a dead giveaway????
Maybe Mr. Tiger would be less suspicious. And then I can put up a Hobbes avatar Smile

amother

Post Mon, Feb 17 2014, 2:32 pm
Ive posted my email address ( one made up just for the site) and had a man email me....thankfully he "outed" himself and told me he was a guy and assured me hes been kicked off the site already but I highly doubt it...made me sick to my stomach.

vintagebknyc

Post Mon, Feb 17 2014, 2:33 pm
why was the below post reported? couldn't someone who wanted to report the man simply PM yael? you didn't want to see what the man wrote?

I'd never guess that a guy wrote this. while ironic, most guys aren't even close to knowing these details about women/girls. also, I think it's hilarious. tell your brother's friend he's funny.

amother wrote:
My brother has a friend who TOLD me his [male] friend routinely posts on this site. I showed a certain post to my brother, and he TOLD me that it was definitely his [male] friend who posted.

Here is a link to this post:
http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....art=0
Go to amother who posted at Sun, Jan 19 2014, 5:49 pm

Quote:
Ah. Clearly, the better question is whether you would attack a girl who dares to wear a dress that
doesn't come from Goodwill as having bad middot, and attack the mother who would dare to take pleasure in her child looking good as shallow and unworthy.

But please, make sure that your child has wonderful middot.

(1) Buy her cheap fake Uggs. They won't be comfortable, won't keep her warm, and will wear out quickly, but you will be able to take great pride in the fact that you have good middot, unlike those low-life people who care only about brand names. And you show that middot by saying that to everyone you know. Because nothing demonstrates your middot like attacking someone else's. Better yet, let her go without boots. Because wearing thin-soled shoes and stockings while walking around when the temperature is below 20 degrees is the best way to show that you don't act like those terrible boot-buying people who care only about appearances.

(2) She should carry her things in a paper bag from the grocery store, or perhaps in a bag that you sew together from clothes that you originally bought at KMart, and that have now worn out. Because no child should ever purchase quality items that will last for years. It shows much greater respect for the earth to buy disposable items.

(3) She should not have a phone. She will never need to reach you in an emergency. And if she does, well, did you know that there are still 80 payphones on Staten Island, for example? I'm sure she'll be able to find one in case of emergency.

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Feb 17 2014, 2:34 pm
vintagebknyc wrote:
why was this post reported? couldn't someone who wanted to report the man simply PM yael? you didn't want to see what the man wrote?

I'd never guess that a guy wrote this. while ironic, most guys aren't even close to knowing these details about women/girls. also, I think it's hilarious. tell your brother's friend he's funny.

that post from a brother was not the poster who I was thinking may be a man.

vintagebknyc

Post Mon, Feb 17 2014, 2:45 pm
didn't assume it was. Smile

Ruchel

Post Mon, Feb 17 2014, 2:52 pm
If it's who I think I talk to her outside fb and have no idea why a guy would be interested in our discussions Smile

Sanguine

Post Mon, Feb 17 2014, 3:02 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:

Quote:
vintagebknyc wrote:
why was this post reported? couldn't someone who wanted to report the man simply PM yael? you didn't want to see what the man wrote?

that post from a brother was not the poster who I was thinking may be a man.

The one by the brother's friend was funny (Is he married? Is his wife here too?). Wonder how many more he wrote - We should start a contest to try to spot them. I can't imagine that he wrote too many.

The other one, someone should just ask Yael if it bothers them

Yael

Post Mon, Feb 17 2014, 3:33 pm
While there have certainly been male trolls on imamother, they do tend to get caught very quickly after they post. We haven't had any long term trolls since the days of TammyTammy.
the amother post that someone has claimed they are SURE was written by a brother or whatever, was not. It was written by a female poster who contacted me.
The amother who posted that she received a phone call from me is indeed telling the truth, and if she is who some of you are suspecting, then rest assured your suspicions are completely unfounded.

Location is irrelevant when verifying suspected trolls.

Many many times when a poster is called troll, it is incorrect and is extremely hurtful to the woman. This is why we have a rule about not calling troll publicly on a thread. You can report or pm me privately. I always look into these suspicions.

Tablepoetry

Post Mon, Feb 17 2014, 4:01 pm
amother wrote:
. Aside from that, they do b"H have husbands who are, no doubt smarter than them, and more knowledgeable than them

No doubt.
And I'm the only one flabbergasted by this assumption??

gold21

Post Mon, Feb 17 2014, 4:07 pm
I'm with ya TablePoetry.

Yael

Post Mon, Feb 17 2014, 4:08 pm
Tablepoetry wrote:
No doubt.
And I'm the only one flabbergasted by this assumption??

before you get carried away, you should know that the amother was referring to herself and her own husband in the third person.

Tablepoetry

Post Mon, Feb 17 2014, 4:12 pm
Yael wrote:
before you get carried away, you should know that the amother was referring to herself and her own husband in the third person.

In plural?
I just reread the passage. It seems clear she is generalising about women who post here. She doesn't mention herself in any form.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Feb 17 2014, 4:19 pm
I know for sure who is referred to -please no name mentionned- I talk to her outside Imamother for years now and I say FEMALE.

amother

Post Mon, Feb 17 2014, 5:15 pm
Yael wrote:

the amother post that someone has claimed they are SURE was written by a brother or whatever, was not. It was written by a female poster who contacted me.

Please tell her to post more often. Tell her you will throw her off otherwise.

vintagebknyc

Post Mon, Feb 17 2014, 5:28 pm
amother wrote:
Please tell her to post more often. Tell her you will throw her off otherwise.

I second that.

sky

Post Mon, Feb 17 2014, 6:10 pm
There is another poster on here that posts every so often and as soon as she posts everyone jumps on her that she is a troll. @Gold21 recently wrote a great post on telling a troll from the real thing, and this person seems to match all the criteria.
But Yael once wrote to treat her nicely, she isn't a troll and English is not her first language. But I think she still gets jumped on every time she posts. So I don't think all rules apply.

monseychick

Post Mon, Feb 17 2014, 8:39 pm
Very often, I find myself hoping and praying it is a man..

"Do you have to make after intimacy" "Bra strap shows through shirt" ...

That's obvious something that a very puerile boy (man ??) finds exciting to discuss. Its way too depressing to think grown married women wanting to talk about this..

Go to the bathroom , ...I don't want to hear about it thank you kindly... Wear a dark colored shell,
its really not so complicated... next Twisted Evil

amother

Post Thu, Jun 19 2014, 8:08 am
bluebird wrote:
Oh, is TammyTammy back? Twisted Evil

Deleted the rest as I took care of the part which may be toeles to this thread.

You should have deleted the entire portion, IMHO. Talk about beating a dead horse!
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette