Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
Quiona

Pineapple

Post Thu, Feb 20 2014, 8:51 am
Any good recipes?

I've tried a few but my family did not go for it

Looking to finish up the package (about 1.5-2 cups)

ra_mom

Post Sat, Feb 22 2014, 10:19 pm
Quinoa Salad
1 cup quinoa
2 cups water
1 ripe avocado, quartered, then cut into chunks
2 ripe plum tomatoes, quartered, then cut into chunks
1/2 red onion, sliced
2 scallions, sliced
1 garlic clove, minced
2 tablespoons lime or lemon juice
2 tablespoons olive oil
salt and pepper, to taste

Rinse quinoa very well in a fine mesh colander or strainer, to remove the bitter coating. Set aside.
Bring 2 cups of water to a boil in a 2 quart saucepan. Add rinsed quinoa. Return to a boil, then lower heat and simmer, covered, for 10-15 minutes, until all water is absorbed. When done, the quinoa appears soft and translucent, and the germ ring will be visible along the outside edge of the quinoa. Remove from heat, fluff, cover and let it stand for 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
Combine avocado, tomato, red onion, scallions, and garlic. Add cooled quinoa. Drizzle with lemon or lime juice and olive oil. Season very generously with salt and pepper to taste. Toss gently.

seeker

Post Sun, Feb 23 2014, 12:45 am
Amazing one with broccoli and asian-inspired dressing on overtimecook.com!

thanks

Post Sun, Feb 23 2014, 2:07 am
I put quinoa in my soups. You can't really taste it, but it adds texture.

chocolate chips

Post Sun, Feb 23 2014, 2:10 am
I put it in my Chulent.

It makes it thick and yummy.

In soups it is also great.

Shopmiami49

Post Sun, Feb 23 2014, 4:34 am
I saute mushrooms and onions and then cook the rinsed quinoa with the recommended amount of water plus a little chicken soup mix OR soy sauce. After it is ready, I add a lot of shredded cheese to the pot and mix it off of the fire until it's all melted. It's yummy and cheesy. I sometimes serve it with canned kidney beans in chili sauce, but it is also quite delicious on it's own.

masalapeanuts

Post Sun, Feb 23 2014, 5:44 am
If you rinse it and toast it (dry roast in a pan until it smells nice) it will taste much better. If you do that you can make it like oatmeal. Add it to granola. Make granola bars with it (cook it first).

Add it to rice. Throw it in the rice cooker or do it stove top.
1 1/3 cup brown rice (rinsed)
2/3 cup quinoa (rinsed or rinsed and toasted)
2 2/3 cup water
1 tsp salt
or do equal parts rice and quinoa if you want it to taste more quinoa-y (1 cup brown rice and 1 cup quinoa, water and salt same as above)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes