Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Kliene kinder,Kliene tzores: Groyse kinder, Groyse Tzores
1  2  Next

ny21

Post Fri, Apr 13 2007, 10:03 am
do you think this is true?
Rolling Eyes

ny21

Post Fri, Apr 13 2007, 10:05 am
Crying

brooklyn

Post Fri, Apr 13 2007, 10:07 am
Many people do.

Ruchel

Post Fri, Apr 13 2007, 10:16 am
I think teens are worst than kids, but a wholesome teen is probably better than a kid full of problems.... it depends...

lotte

Post Fri, Apr 13 2007, 10:16 am
ny21 wrote:
Rolling Eyes

100% true!

shayna82

Post Fri, Apr 13 2007, 10:17 am
I think everything is relative.

withhumor

Post Fri, Apr 13 2007, 10:17 am
Kleiner kinder oifen hent, groyser kinder oifen kupp

shayna82

Post Fri, Apr 13 2007, 10:21 am
ok...not everyone understands yiddush.

withhumor

Post Fri, Apr 13 2007, 10:21 am
Translation: Little children on our hands, older children on your head!

shayna82

Post Fri, Apr 13 2007, 10:25 am
I think little children can be on your head too.

ny21

Post Fri, Apr 13 2007, 10:26 am
thank you
for the translation
sometimes I am lost on this site.

S.Shcwartz

Post Fri, Apr 13 2007, 10:27 am
I KNOW they can!

su7kids

Post Fri, Apr 13 2007, 10:31 am
I think the saying is true, because who can define what a "big" problem is and what a "small" problem is?

When they're older they're making major decisions that will affect their lives but when they're small, its the broken dishes and the diapers and those kinds of things that we think are so overwhelming, until we realize that the glass vase and the age they were toilet trained didn't matter when a decision about what Yeshiva/High School they'll go to, and what Sem, etc, and who they'll marry (unless the age of toilet training is in the application form for shidduchim!!) LOL

withhumor

Post Fri, Apr 13 2007, 10:32 am
It means to say that when your kids are babies you get worn out because you’re working very hard physically (holding them, bathing them, diapering, schlepping and feeding) and when they get older and you can take a break from that hard work, then comes the stage where they penetrate your brain and you feel like you’re losing your mind. Mothers of young children keep saying ‘I’m collapsing, I’m exhausted, I didn’t sleep since my baby was born’ and they will take physical vacations (Florida, waxings, etc.) and mothers with teens will say “I can’t think, I don’t want to argue” and will take mental breaks “sleep, shop, visit the nursing home, etc.

realeez

Post Fri, Apr 13 2007, 10:32 am
I heard a nice one at wedding "Kleine kinder, kleine nachas, Groyse kinder, groyse nachas." The harder it is, the more nachas you get Very Happy.

chavamom

Post Sat, Apr 14 2007, 10:13 pm
teneleven wrote:
ny21 wrote:
Rolling Eyes

100% true!

Absolutely.

mimivan

Post Sat, Apr 14 2007, 11:08 pm
su7kids wrote:
I think the saying is true, because who can define what a "big" problem is and what a "small" problem is? (unless the age of toilet training is in the application form for shidduchim!!) LOL

Oh boy!!! That will be next!! (I only wish I were joking).Seriously, we have a 3 year old and are already thinking (and even are being told by "helpful" people )"This or that" will affect his shidduch. So if it has gotten to the point where everything is under scrutiny, from day one, All problems are big problems and are for public consumption!

Or maybe I"m just in a paranoid mood?

bashinda

Post Sun, Apr 15 2007, 2:07 am
su7kids wrote:
I think the saying is true, because who can define what a "big" problem is and what a "small" problem is?

When they're older they're making major decisions that will affect their lives but when they're small, its the broken dishes and the diapers and those kinds of things that we think are so overwhelming, until we realize that the glass vase and the age they were toilet trained didn't matter when a decision about what Yeshiva/High School they'll go to, and what Sem, etc, and who they'll marry (unless the age of toilet training is in the application form for shidduchim!!) LOL

I'm beginning to think the toilet training part IS going to be there. bang head against wall.

seriously, there's a reason we have such expressions right? Little kids aren't going through changing hormones and all that stuff. I suppose it doesn't have to be true but I have no way of knowing since I don't have groisse kinder yet!

Ima'la

Post Sun, Apr 15 2007, 3:07 am
My children are kleine, but my sil has groise, and from talking to her (and they are sweet, frum aidel kinder!) I tend to agree with that and with withhumor! As she put, it kleine kinder take up a lot of physical energy and groise kinder take up a lot of emotional energy. Maybe that's why Hashem gives us kleine kinder when we're younger with more physical energy and groise kinder when we're older and hopefully wiser!

withhumor

Post Sun, Apr 15 2007, 8:45 am
I guess the plan of Hashem is that we grow up together with our children, so we grow wiser with them. by the time they start attacking our brain, you’re supposedly ready.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children