Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Notable Clips & Links
Don't rush those mitzvah notes...
1  2  Next

morah

Post Sun, Feb 23 2014, 5:03 am
http://jewbellish.com/7-mitzva.....rong/

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, Feb 23 2014, 6:17 am
Really funny!

greenfire

Post Sun, Feb 23 2014, 7:14 am
wow ~ I didn't imagine them being that FUNny ~ rotflmm@o !!!

ROFL

Post Sun, Feb 23 2014, 8:28 am
ROFL.

zaq

Post Sun, Feb 23 2014, 12:53 pm
And now you know why spelling is important.

rainbow dash

Post Sun, Feb 23 2014, 1:08 pm
too funny

chocolate fondue

Post Sun, Feb 23 2014, 3:06 pm
Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter
I don't usually laugh out loud when reading something on the computer, but that was funny!

chocolate chips

Post Sun, Feb 23 2014, 6:24 pm
LOL
I saw this on facebook and was reading it out loud to my dh and father in the car, it was so funny I had to stop so dh could drive LOL

Fox

Post Mon, Feb 24 2014, 8:34 am
ITA with everyone: hilarious!

My favorite was about the girl who didn't worship idols last night. Haven't we all had evenings with our kids that could be summed up that way?!

morah

Post Mon, Feb 24 2014, 8:38 am
Fox wrote:

My favorite was about the girl who didn't worship idols last night. Haven't we all had evenings with our kids that could be summed up that way?!

I was thinking if I was ever that hard-up, I could always say, he didn't kill his brother last night...

busymother

Post Mon, Feb 24 2014, 8:45 am
That was so funny!! Thanks for sharing!

ChanaParnes

Post Mon, Feb 24 2014, 8:50 am
So funny!

Ariella28

Post Mon, Feb 24 2014, 8:55 am
Och sounds good, but my filter doesnt allow...care to share?

seeker

Post Mon, Feb 24 2014, 10:16 am
Fox wrote:

I loved that one too. I could see us writing one like that because DD gets very involved in the mitzva notes, my assumption is they were learning either about the ten commandments or about the Chanukah story (or something like that, where the bad guys wanted the Jews to worship idols) so that's the mitzvah the kid asked the parent to write about. They are a hero like the Maccabees! My DD would so do that.

Barbara

Post Mon, Feb 24 2014, 10:29 am
seeker wrote:
I loved that one too. I could see us writing one like that because DD gets very involved in the mitzva notes, my assumption is they were learning either about the ten commandments or about the Chanukah story (or something like that, where the bad guys wanted the Jews to worship idols) so that's the mitzvah the kid asked the parent to write about. They are a hero like the Maccabees! My DD would so do that.

And I figure that the parent thought mitzvah notes were absurd, and, finally fed up, sent in an absurd one.

Besiyata Dishmaya

Post Mon, Feb 24 2014, 10:59 am
Rolling Laughter

and I liked this "instagram" from there

the world's best mom

Post Mon, Feb 24 2014, 11:38 am
seeker wrote:

I had a teacher in high school who wrote her son a mitzvah note that he didn't worship Avoda Zara, only because his teachers wanted her to keep sending Mitzvah notes when her son was not very well behaved.

zohar

Post Mon, Feb 24 2014, 12:15 pm
My sil sent this mitzva note once with her 3 year old daughter: "Dear Morah, dd let her brother look at the cereal box. We are so proud of her."
Now while most people understand that there is often fights about who gets to read the cereal box during breakfast, we all had a good laugh imagining how it could sound, "wow she actually let her brother lay eyes upon an item that is not exclusively hers".

zaq

Post Mon, Feb 24 2014, 3:22 pm
Barbara wrote:
And I figure that the parent thought mitzvah notes were absurd, and, finally fed up, sent in an absurd one.

That was my reaction, too.
I sort of miss mitzvah notes. They were a good outlet for creativity, were the one thing I could do, as a working mom, to "participate" in my dc classroom experience, and kind of forced me to give a bit of positive reinforcement now and then.

You think I can send dc supervisor a mitzva note? "Dear Mr. McCoughy: Antoine went straight to bed after dinner so that he would be full of energy and initiative for the staff meeting this morning. If he appears a bit haggard, that's because our neighbors had a rather raucous party that was ultimately broken up by the police at 3.00 a.m. I'm proud to report that Antoine was not among the apprehended. Very truly yours, Sharleen Davis (Antoine's mother)"

greenfire

Post Mon, Feb 24 2014, 3:36 pm
I have to tell you ... some of my kids read these mitzva notes & they were mamash on the floor peeing with laughter [ah the memories of mitzva notes]
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> The Social Scene -> Notable Clips & Links