Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Help from an experienced preschool teacher

SplitPea

Post Sun, Feb 23 2014, 4:55 pm
I currently have a 3 year old DD in public school. She is doing amazingly and really able to comprehend a lot and we hope to put her in a regular bais yaakov by 1st grade.

I have looked through chinuch.org and its REALLY overwhelming. What I would l would love to find is an experienced preshcool teacher with printables who is willing to share for the holidays. (specifically now looking for purim things to do projects with her but will also be looking for pesach shavous etc) If anyone has a good amount of materials and would be willing to Adopt us and share what the have, songs, stories newsletters (that I can get shortened versions of the stories from etc) I would really appreciate it.

I wanna say again this is NOT for me to use in a teaching capacity. I am wanting to use them to give my own daughter a jewish side to her education.

imasinger

Post Sun, Feb 23 2014, 5:38 pm
My DS was in public preschool, and now, b"H is in first grade in a day school.

You can find tons of songs on the "preschool songs" thread here.

Really, it wasn't hard to find projects at chinuch.org, but I did supplement by asking local preschool teachers I knew if they would make one extra copy of handouts for me to do hme projects sometimes.

Frankly, though, we had less time because he was already in school, plus we had therapies. So, just helping prepare for each YT at home, and reading age appropriate books and stories took most of the time I had, and we did less artwork.

At first, I felt bad about what he might be missing, but a friend pointed out that there is much more learned by the hands on preparation of costume, MM, etc. than in any little project. In retrospect, I really think she was right.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics