Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Notable Clips & Links
Unprecedented look behind the scenes at Lev Tahor in canada
  1  2  3  11  12  13  Next

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Feb 24 2014, 9:22 pm
WOW. I'm speechless. So much to say.

You have 40 minutes? sit down and watch this. Just speechless. Those kids are so cute, I wanna hug them. So sad.

rainbow dash

Post Tue, Feb 25 2014, 12:50 am
http://www.cjnews.com/node/122565

myself

Post Tue, Feb 25 2014, 6:02 am
Very sad. Sad I liked how the Orthodox Rabbi (can't recall his name) that was interviewed explained why someone would enjoy being in a cult.
The kids do look cute and happy, but it's frightening what may be going on behind closed doors. An adult must be terribly brainwashed to willingly join the community.

sky

Post Tue, Feb 25 2014, 6:20 am
I can't see the video.
but did you read the interview with one of the foster fathers in Montreal who is taking care of 5 children. It is so sad.

EmesOrNT

Post Tue, Feb 25 2014, 6:24 am
sky wrote:
I can't see the video.
but did you read the interview with one of the foster fathers in Montreal who is taking care of 5 children. It is so sad.

I read that. I'm surprised though. It's a major breach of privacy. He's a foster parent, not a reporter. When I did MAPP training sessions to register as a foster parent, one of the most stressed things was to never discuss the children's situation. Ever.

Growing

Post Tue, Feb 25 2014, 6:41 am
EmesOrNt the case is in court and is being followed by the media. Most likely the media picked up info from court proceedings as I assume he would know not to discuss the children just to appease curiosity. I also beleive tat since there is so much controversy surrounding this group he is under more scrutiny than ever.

flowerpower

Post Tue, Feb 25 2014, 7:07 am
So sad! Their leader has so much power that he can brainwash all the people like that! All we can do is pray for them.

ProudMommie

Post Tue, Feb 25 2014, 10:58 am
It is sad that in Amrica Yidden have to get their news from a goishe prutza who knows less than the monkey in the zoo about Yiddishkeit... and then be SAD about the "sect". They may be very machmir, yes, but what is so "sad" about it. Is it not sad when women walk around, the longer the sheitel, the shorter the skirt, and the husband looks like Moishe Rabeinu, mind you... and all they can talk about is what they bought, which chassana they are going to,,,, where they went to in the Catskills... blah blah blah... ?? Why is no one besides me crying for these yidden? they are truly sad.... Perhaps you have a different way of serving H-shem, ok, (and I hope it is in a longer skirt and with kisui rosh, not flowing locks!) but... please save your sadness for those DROWNING in materialism all over the land of the free and home of the gay .... oh sorry, I think it's brave... If you listen to chiluni tv in E'Y they are oh so sad about the Chareidi population... those Torah learning extremists without normal cell phones... Please.

EmesOrNT

Post Tue, Feb 25 2014, 11:00 am
imochka wrote:
It is sad that in Amrica Yidden have to get their news from a goishe prutza who knows less than the monkey in the zoo about Yiddishkeit... and then be SAD about the "sect". They may be very machmir, yes, but what is so "sad" about it. Is it not sad when women walk around, the longer the sheitel, the shorter the skirt, and the husband looks like Moishe Rabeinu, mind you... and all they can talk about is what they bought, which chassana they are going to,,,, where they went to in the Catskills... blah blah blah... ?? Why is no one besides me crying for these yidden? they are truly sad.... Perhaps you have a different way of serving H-shem, ok, (and I hope it is in a longer skirt and with kisui rosh, not flowing locks!) but... please save your sadness for those DROWNING in materialism all over the land of the free and home of the gay .... oh sorry, I think it's brave... If you listen to chiluni tv in E'Y they are oh so sad about the Chareidi population... those Torah learning extremists without normal cell phones... Please.

Research cults. Then decide whether this is sad or not.

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Feb 25 2014, 11:03 am
imochka wrote:
Do you actually know anything about this sect? Ill tell you that it is known in Eretz Yisrael that the charedi rabbanim have even washed their hands clean of this sect.
imochka, there is extreme and there is extreme. First as emesornt said, look up what a cult is and second, read up about this group. Then come back and talk to us.

ProudMommie

Post Tue, Feb 25 2014, 11:40 am
Of course I know about them... why would you call people that are machmir a "cult"?? Anything that is not mainstream is not a cult! If you dont want to be a part of it, then dont be. I have seen parts of this video and they are just showing Jewish life. It is absolutely ridiculous of what they are accusing these people!! Have you been in Meah Sharim? Do women that walk around with shawls, etc... need to have their children taken away too?? I continue to be sad that these ignorant goim that are saying nonsense -- the men dont make eye contact... etc. (I live in a Chareidi area in Yerushalaim and my neighbors that are very mainstream Litaim do not make eye contact.) are believed...They are not a cult. They are a community that is very machmir on things. Who are the gedolim in E'Y that have "washed their hands" please tell me their names and I will ask them....

Growing

Post Tue, Feb 25 2014, 11:42 am
Do you realize that this cult is not allowing people to eat any eggs chicken or meat?

Do you realize they only eat together as a group - no family meals?

Do you know that smiling and play is discouraged?

Bathing with soap is not allowed.

Beatings and other unmentionables are routine 'punishments' there.

People are given all type of dangerous medications when all other tactics wont work.

'Rabbi' Helbrans's wife and daughter fled and were hospitalized in the psychiatric unit. They still are not mentally stable.

What in the world does materialism, the Catskills, or women who don't dress tznius l'halacha have anything to do with this?

This cult is pitiful because they are literally torturing people physically and they are brainwashing them mentally, besides for ruining them spiritually and fooling them into thinking that this is Toras Moshe.

Lev Tahor is a fabricated version of Judaism which doesn't exist! They follow NO mesorah.
It's complete meshugas!

Please pity the families of the individuals who were unfortunately ensnared in this group.

The fact that Yidden in general are not given the unprecedented access to this cult the way this shiksa was should prove to you a thing or two.

And do you know ANY legitimate leader in Klal Yisroel who would sit with a shiksa for seven hours like this?

Hello???

EmesOrNT

Post Tue, Feb 25 2014, 11:46 am
They are not just machmir, they are extremists. They are nothing like women in Meah Shearim. As for the women in Israel that wear shawls, they are considered part of a cult too. You watch one documentary, one that glosses over all the problems, and you decide that women who wear less than extreme standards of tznius are the sad ones? Me thinks you may have drunk the Kool-aid.

Growing

Post Tue, Feb 25 2014, 11:50 am
Inochka
You gotta be kidding!
You are comparing Litvaks or chasidim from Meah Shearim to Lev Tahor?!

These people are not machmir - they are twisting the words of Torah and creating new halachos.

These leaders are controllers who are simply money hungry.

Some of them are plain abusers.

Where in the Torah does it say that women should dress the way these people do?

And I'm sorry to have to announce this but these children and women are not wearing under garments either.

Please realize that this cult is nothing related to Judaism and they are plain dangerous.

monseychick

Post Tue, Feb 25 2014, 11:53 am
Imoka...are you Lev Tahor ???

Are you a spokesperson for them ???

welcome home

Post Tue, Feb 25 2014, 12:15 pm
imochka wrote:
Of course I know about them... why would you call people that are machmir a "cult"?? Anything that is not mainstream is not a cult! If you dont want to be a part of it, then dont be. I have seen parts of this video and they are just showing Jewish life. It is absolutely ridiculous of what they are accusing these people!! Have you been in Meah Sharim? Do women that walk around with shawls, etc... need to have their children taken away too?? I continue to be sad that these ignorant goim that are saying nonsense -- the men dont make eye contact... etc. (I live in a Chareidi area in Yerushalaim and my neighbors that are very mainstream Litaim do not make eye contact.) are believed...They are not a cult. They are a community that is very machmir on things. Who are the gedolim in E'Y that have "washed their hands" please tell me their names and I will ask them....

Dont worry. Give it time and eventually Lev Tahor will be seen as a real Jewish community just like Kiryas Yoel/Satmar, New Square, and of course, Meah Shearim.

Last edited by welcome home on Tue, Feb 25 2014, 12:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

sky

Post Tue, Feb 25 2014, 12:16 pm
And girls are married off at 15 to much older men, give birth at 17.
children are removed from their parents for someone not following the rules.

happybeingamom

Post Tue, Feb 25 2014, 12:53 pm
imochka

A chumrah or being machmir means taking the more stringent postilion for example.

For example some people end Shabbos 45 minutes after Shkia some 60, some 72 and some even hold 90. One who follows the later time is doing a chumrah, he/she is holding the more stringent position. Another example would be wearing Rabbenu Taam's Tefilin in addition to Rashi's

It is not a chumrah to do something because of a feeling as an example the way the women of Lev Tahor go dressed, the need to make sure the feet are covered when sleeping. This is called making up things and that is not being machmir in any shape or form.

rainbow dash

Post Tue, Feb 25 2014, 12:54 pm
This might also explain whats happening there

Lady Bug

Post Tue, Feb 25 2014, 1:15 pm
monseychick wrote:
Imoka...are you Lev Tahor ???

Are you a spokesperson for them ???

My first thought exactly, but she says she lives in Yerushalayim so maybe from the Burka Babes?
Page 1 of 13   1  2  3  11  12  13  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> The Social Scene -> Notable Clips & Links