Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Notable Clips & Links
Unprecedented look behind the scenes at Lev Tahor in canada
  Previous  1  2  3 11  12  13  Next

Imhappy!

Post Wed, Mar 12 2014, 11:45 am
Welcome home. Pls do your research well about this group. Yes, to outsiders not familiar with the ways of chasidim it can be almost the same. But ppl with the know or with the intelligence to look beyond the garb ( of the men) can see the differences that separate lev tohor and the rest of the Chasidic ultra ortho world.
Yes our men dress the same- yes our boys learn similar long hours- many don’t know current events ( not condoning just stating)- I even know many that don’t leave their shtetle only if they really have to to – say KY. KS. Willi …- I know Chabad ppl that homeschool cuz there are no frum schools- many ppl don’t eat peal of apple, grapes and whatever chumra they choose to accept…. Our men “chant” the same long prayers…
So yes. it look like we are the same
The difference is their attachment to their Rabbi- and that’s why they are a cult – or cult like- unlike the Chasidim we are familiar with that ask rabbi advice and brucha they are depended on their rabbi. Their rabbi enforces strict rules- he gives meds- there is strict punishment- their tznuis rules are not halachah …

Its worth to watch the Hebrew version part 1 and 2 they have it much more clear.

Maya

Post Wed, Mar 12 2014, 5:51 pm
welcome home wrote:
When are we going to start listening to the innocent Satmar victims and do something about that community?

Read more: http://blogs.forward.com/siste.....XUJ00

I'd appreciate it if you can explain to me how you compare the above article about your "victims" of Satmar, with the atrocities mentioned by this poster, which is normal in Lev Tahor:

Quote:
In any case, if you think the primary problem with Lev Tahor is that they don't teach their kids English you should do a bit more research. Beatings, severe food restriction, allegations of illegal use of psychiatric drugs, underage forced marriages of girls as young as 14, breaking of contact with everyone out of the cult including family members,

If you can find me proof that the above bolded practices are standard in Satmar, we can have a discussion about "saving" the Satmar "victims." Until then, let me just say that you are the most malicious and ignorant poster I have seen here in a long time. And again, this is coming from someone who hates Satmar.

Frenchfry

Post Wed, Mar 12 2014, 5:59 pm
I'm not disputing that this is a horrible cult, but I don't think the hunger strike proves anything. If my child we to be forced to go against what he was brought up with, and asked to say, eat treif or something, I'd expect him to try to hunger strike. I don't think they're able to know the difference

Scrabble123

Post Wed, Mar 12 2014, 8:37 pm
welcome home wrote:
The average first grader is 6 years old. Why was your son held back for two years?

This question is extremely insensitive. Maybe you could ask her if she is sure she means first grade. The chassidishe chedurim do not call the boys classes grades... they are in kitas.. kita alef, beis, etc. Kita alef is like pre1a kita beis like 1st grade... Maybe she just wrote down the wrong grade because she was thinking in terms of a kita or maybe he is one of the older kids... I do not know, nor does she need to explain that to us.

ahuvah4

Post Wed, Mar 12 2014, 8:55 pm
I'm from montreal, My husband just spoke to the son of helbrand that ran away from the cult, the man that took custody of his children( one of them is now in my daughters class)The man that left his wife behind, he hates that place so much and still he can't believe whats happening now. The end of the day theyre ripping children away from there mothers love. there must be another way to help them. these kids were never so traumatized as now.
I live in Quebec . Just as a side note the quebec gov. is breathing down our backs with yiddishkeit. We really live in the time of the yavanim here. my children know when the inspecters make a visit to school all the parshah sheets, yamim tovim get hidden" they take out the dreidles "We have a hard time with making a succah, we cant make fires to burn the chametz. On purim no buses allowed to take groups around,and all police make sure to be on duty to give out tickets if you double park for one min.
So what the canadian gov.says you gotta take with a grain of salt.

happybeingamom

Post Wed, Mar 12 2014, 9:02 pm
ahuvah4 wrote:
I'm from montreal, My husband just spoke to the son of helbrand that ran away from the cult, the man that took custody of his children( one of them is now in my daughters class)The man that left his wife behind, he hates that place so much and still he can't believe whats happening now. The end of the day theyre ripping children away from there mothers love. there must be another way to help them. these kids were never so traumatized as now.
I live in Quebec . Just as a side note the quebec gov. is breathing down our backs with yiddishkeit. We really live in the time of the yavanim here. my children know when the inspecters make a visit to school all the parshah sheets, yamim tovim get hidden" they take out the dreidles "We have a hard time with making a succah, we cant make fires to burn the chametz. On purim no buses allowed to take groups around,and all police make sure to be on duty to give out tickets if you double park for one min.
So what the canadian gov.says you gotta take with a grain of salt.

This is all true as I have family in Montreal. However, nobody is coming in and taking children from the Chasidish families in Montreal because all the children are being taken care of properly by their parents unlike Lev Tahor. Now Lev Tahor is in Ontario and they are still having problems with child protective services.

Helbrans and his henchmen are Roidfim and must be stopped.

Just a point it is the Quebec gov't that is giving the problems not the Canadian Federal gov't

forever21

Post Wed, Mar 12 2014, 9:53 pm
Pardon my ignorance, but how long has lev tahor been around for? Im getting the impression that its been around for over 15 so then why is all this talk about it coming out now? I havent even heard of this group until a few weeks ago!

Scrabble123

Post Wed, Mar 12 2014, 9:53 pm
Satmar does not belong together with Lev Tahor. A non satmar person viewing satmar as Lev Tahor is equivalent to how a non-frum person may view Orthodox Jewry in its entirety. While satmar may appear extreme to some and definitely has its flaws (as does everything), it is not a cult.

Last edited by Scrabble123 on Thu, Mar 13 2014, 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total

Zehava

Post Wed, Mar 12 2014, 10:32 pm
http://levtahor.ca/
Read the new home page
I'm sick to my stomach. These people are beyond evil. They are threatening with the death of the children. Gosh I need a shower right now.

Mama Bear

Post Wed, Mar 12 2014, 11:30 pm
Hi! I get busy for a day and look what happens!

To clarify:

My 8 yr old is KE"h a brilliant child. Not special needs. (he has adhd, but so do I....)
In chasidishe chadorim they start english studies at age 8. They don't want to overburden them with intense kriah / chumash /mishnayos AND English all at once, esp bc English is not their mother tongue and many boys start English studies without being proficient in the English langauge. Torah comes first, secular studies second. So "first grade" is at age 8.

Welcome Home - I think the level of defensiveness here is that I have a SEVERELY autistic, non verbal, aggressive, super active 5 year old, so people may have assumed I would have been hurt by the tone/nature of your posts. I wasn't. Don't worry. But thanks to everyone who came to my defense.

harriet

Post Wed, Mar 12 2014, 11:34 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
Hi! I get busy for a day and look what happens!

To clarify:

My 8 yr old is KE"h a brilliant child. Not special needs. (he has adhd, but so do I....)
In chasidishe chadorim they start english studies at age 8. They don't want to overburden them with intense kriah / chumash /mishnayos AND English all at once, esp bc English is not their mother tongue and many boys start English studies without being proficient in the English langauge. Torah comes first, secular studies second. So "first grade" is at age 8.

Welcome Home - I think the level of defensiveness here is that I have a SEVERELY autistic, non verbal, aggressive, super active 5 year old, so people may have assumed I would have been hurt by the tone/nature of your posts. I wasn't. Don't worry. But thanks to everyone who came to my defense.

Mama Bear, you are so gracious! I hope to learn from you.

Scrabble123

Post Wed, Mar 12 2014, 11:41 pm
forever21 wrote:
Pardon my ignorance, but how long has lev tahor been around for? Im getting the impression that its been around for over 15 so then why is all this talk about it coming out now? I havent even heard of this group until a few weeks ago!

Sadly, it is by no means new.... It was based in Monsey until the cult "leader" was charged with crimes. They then moved to Canada.

It's probably getting a lot of chat now because: 1. People who have left the sect. There are quite a few families who have recently left BH. 2. The Canadian government's involvement. 3. Mass Media 4. Other reasons which I either am not aware of, or have not thought about yet.

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Mar 13 2014, 12:04 am
they are in the news now bc they escaped en masse because social services wants to take their children away. So we FINALLy get to see behind the scenes what their lives are like, after wondering for a decade what goes on behind closed doors.

Zehava

Post Thu, Mar 13 2014, 12:05 am
http://www.biography.com/peopl.....67607
Note the similarities. This is really scaring me. These people need our tefillos.

shalhevet

Post Thu, Mar 13 2014, 4:26 am
ahuvah4 wrote:
and all police make sure to be on duty to give out tickets if you double park for one min.

I know this is OT, but giving tickets for people who double park (and may cause harm and inconvenience or even monetary loss - if someone is late for an appointment, for example, while waiting for you to come back) is called being anti-Semitic??? So don't double park.

Also, why do you stay if things are so difficult? This is not 1880 - you are free to move somewhere away from the 'Yavonim'.

Deep

Post Thu, Mar 13 2014, 9:53 am
shalhevet wrote:
I know this is OT, but giving tickets for people who double park (and may cause harm and inconvenience or even monetary loss - if someone is late for an appointment, for example, while waiting for you to come back) is called being anti-Semitic??? So don't double park.

Also, why do you stay if things are so difficult? This is not 1880 - you are free to move somewhere away from the 'Yavonim'.
For the record, the vast majority of our fellow Quebecois are fantastic, genuinely kind people. Ahuva4 is referring to a minority of xenophobic individuals who have made it their civil duty to embitter our lives. Google pierrelacerteblog for some contemporary anti-semitic propoganda. Lev tahor came under scrutiny at a time when Quebec is trying to pass a new charter that will secularize Quebec to an unprecedented level. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Q.....alues
On the provincial level, things are quite volatile; on the municipal level, things are looking up b''h. We got Mindy Pollak elected. Way to go Mindy!http://www.tabletmag.com/scroll/151394/montreal-elects-first-hasidic-woman-to-office

Zehava

Post Thu, Mar 13 2014, 9:11 pm
Dinkel has been really busy commenting on different news websites discussing lev tahor. He uses different usernames primarily moe Ginsburg. What a shame that his writing style and words give him away. Apparently he thinks that the children will be chained to hospital beds for years if they aren't returned to their "parents".

tryinghard

Post Thu, Mar 13 2014, 9:34 pm
Zehava wrote:
Dinkel has been really busy commenting on different news websites discussing lev tahor. He uses different usernames primarily moe Ginsburg. What a shame that his writing style and words give him away. Apparently he thinks that the children will be chained to hospital beds for years if they aren't returned to their "parents".

why the quotes?

Deep

Post Thu, Mar 13 2014, 10:06 pm
Zehava wrote:
Most of the parents are victims too. Halevai it would be possible to extract and rehabilitate complete families. Nathan and Adam and their families are doing well b''h. It gives us hope for the others.

Zehava

Post Thu, Mar 13 2014, 10:20 pm
tryinghard wrote:
why the quotes?

Because they weren't with their parents in the first place. None of the children who were in Trinidad were traveling with their parents.
Page 12 of 13   Previous  1  2  3 11  12  13  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> The Social Scene -> Notable Clips & Links