Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Child-related inquiries
Getting accepted into boy's school in queens

mra01385

Post Tue, Feb 25 2014, 8:18 pm
I was wondering if anyone on here is from queens, and who doesn't yet have a school for their 4 yr for next year. If so, what are you considering doing about it? Currently, my 4 yr old son is on a waiting list for tiferes moshe and yeshiva ketana. We are therefore seriously considering moving out of queens because of this.

morah

Post Tue, Feb 25 2014, 8:21 pm
Did you try Judi's? What about Gan Eden? We are sending to Judi's next year (for 3's), but are considering moving to FR/5T for pre1a. Fact is, that area has a MUCH better selection.

mra01385

Post Tue, Feb 25 2014, 8:36 pm
My son is currently in kdgn in tiferes moshe, so we are trying to get him into a school for pre1a. Tiferes Moshe doesnt really want to take him back, because we really want to send him to yeshiva ketana. That is why he currently is not accepted into any school as of yet.

Btw, the schools in the 5t/fr area are also almost full. We are actually thinking of moving to SI, where there is a smaller school, because its a smaller community, so there is more of a chance of getting in.

morah

Post Tue, Feb 25 2014, 8:42 pm
Sorry, I thought you were looking for a 4's class. Yeah, it's a little late in the game for pre1a. I would still try to see what's available in the FR/5T area- you could always commute him for a year before deciding if it's worth it to move.

miami85

Post Tue, Feb 25 2014, 8:43 pm
Are you looking for a Kdg or Pre-1A?

mra01385

Post Tue, Feb 25 2014, 8:44 pm
Darchei Torah doesn't accept kids from queens. They only accept kids from the 5t/fr area.

mra01385

Post Tue, Feb 25 2014, 8:45 pm
I am looking for pre1a.

morah

Post Tue, Feb 25 2014, 8:46 pm
What about Siach or YOSS?

mra01385

Post Tue, Feb 25 2014, 8:48 pm
Siach is also full since they are a smaller school. They also don't have a strong secular education. Yoss is too much to the left for my family. I am yeshivish white shirt black hat family with no tv.

MMCH

Post Tue, Feb 25 2014, 9:37 pm
have you tried calling Arielli's? they have a 4 year old program.
as does Gan Eden.

mra01385

Post Tue, Feb 25 2014, 9:41 pm
Mmhc:
Im sorry if im not.clear, but my son will be turning 5 in sept. So iam looking for pre1a.

tovasara

Post Wed, Feb 26 2014, 9:54 am
run to a 5 towns school if you can. and yes, consider moving for a better boys school.

Aetrsnrady

Post Fri, Mar 21 2014, 10:45 am
OP, have you had any success? Did you try YKLI? I saw an ad that they have a few spaces for pre 1A. I have heard that there are many boys in this situation. Are parents getting together? Is your shul rabbi involved? I wish you much hatzlacha.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Child-related inquiries