Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Choftez Chaim in Manalapan
1  2  Next

amother

Post Wed, Feb 26 2014, 10:11 am
Does anybody have any information on the Chofetz Chaim boys high school in Manalapan, NJ?

If you have the answer to any of these questions that would help me. Thanks!

What type of families send there?

Are they Manalapan families or from other towns?

Are there any Sefaradi boys in the school?

How's the secular education?

What time do the boys get out of school daily?

Are the boys very yeshivish?

Do they require the boys to wear white shirts?

Do the boys play sports in school?

amother

Post Wed, Feb 26 2014, 10:27 am
Sorry, can't answer your questions, but I know a few of the rabbanim there, and they (and their families) are some of the warmest people I've ever met. I'm sure they are wonderful mechanchim and really care about the boys.

amother

Post Wed, Feb 26 2014, 1:14 pm
amother wrote:
Sorry, can't answer your questions, but I know a few of the rabbanim there, and they (and their families) are some of the warmest people I've ever met. I'm sure they are wonderful mechanchim and really care about the boys.

Thanks. That's definitely important for teenage boys.

If anybody knows anything else about the school I'd appreciate any information I can get.

momaleh

Post Wed, Feb 26 2014, 2:35 pm
Sorry, don't have answers, I also know one of the couples who are mechanchim and they are amazing Smile

amother

Post Wed, Feb 26 2014, 2:43 pm
My brother went there a few years ago. The rabbeim really care about the boys, even after graduation.

amother

Post Wed, Feb 26 2014, 8:25 pm
amother wrote:
My brother went there a few years ago. The rabbeim really care about the boys, even after graduation.

Thanks. Do you know if the boys have to wear white and black?
Would you be able to answer any of my questions in the OP?

amother

Post Thu, Feb 27 2014, 7:16 pm
bump

imato5

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 3:03 pm
op- did u get any answer4s? I am also consideing it.

busymom4

Post Sun, Dec 27 2015, 10:08 am
Hi..being that this post was originally put up a long time ago..I was wondering if any of u can give me more info about the yeshiva, as my son is in tenth grade in another yeshiva and he is not happy there..we were told to look into this yeshiva and I'd love to hear feed back from anyone who has or had a son there..Thanx

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, May 15 2016, 10:28 pm
Hi. Can we revive this thread please?
Also need more info. Thanks

amother
Puce

Post Mon, May 16 2016, 12:32 am
amother wrote:
Thanks. Do you know if the boys have to wear white and black?
Would you be able to answer any of my questions in the OP?

I don't really know much about Manalapan, but I'm fairly sure based on my knowledge of other Chofetz Chaim branches that they don't need to wear white and black.

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, Dec 16 2018, 12:30 pm
Bumping this thread instead of starting a new one... please tell me what you know about this yeshiva-thanks!

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Dec 16 2018, 3:38 pm
So I know a bit about the yeshiva even though none of my boys went there. It is a Chofetz Chaim system, so they encourage boys to continue in that framework through high school and Bais Medrash. It’s definitely not black pants white shirts quite the opposite they’re known for wearing colored shirts.
This particular school in Manalapan does not accept boys with any behavior issues. It’s very not yeshivish and they have pretty good English.
It’s also very small, average class size is 5-6 kids.
So in a nutshell, it’s a school for well behaved non-yeshivish boys, who won’t mind Chofetz Chaim system through BM.

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, Dec 16 2018, 4:04 pm
amother wrote:
So I know a bit about the yeshiva even though none of my boys went there. It is a Chofetz Chaim system, so they encourage boys to continue in that framework through high school and Bais Medrash. It’s definitely not black pants white shirts quite the opposite they’re known for wearing colored shirts.
This particular school in Manalapan does not accept boys with any behavior issues. It’s very not yeshivish and they have pretty good English.
It’s also very small, average class size is 5-6 kids.
So in a nutshell, it’s a school for well behaved non-yeshivish boys, who won’t mind Chofetz Chaim system through BM.

Thank you-
It’s interesting that I just saw an ad for this yeshiva and the rebbeim looked very yeshivish.

tryinghard

Post Sun, Dec 16 2018, 7:12 pm
amother wrote:
Thank you-
It’s interesting that I just saw an ad for this yeshiva and the rebbeim looked very yeshivish.

Nobody said the rebbeim don't wear black and white Smile But they are Chofetz Chaim yeshivish which is not the same as "real" yeshivish Rolling Eyes

amother
Vermilion

Post Sun, Dec 16 2018, 7:42 pm
Quote:
Nobody said the rebbeim don't wear black and white Smile But they are Chofetz Chaim yeshivish which is not the same as "real" yeshivish Rolling Eyes

Part of the chofetz chaim mehalech is that boys shouldn't feel a need to wear black and white unless they feel they're on a certain madraiga. So the rebbeim wearing black and white means they're actually "more real" then "real" yeshivish

allthingsblue

Post Sun, Dec 16 2018, 7:53 pm
amother wrote:
Thank you-

Rebbeim always look more yeshivish than their Talmudim. And rabbis generally look more yeshivish than their congregants.

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, Dec 16 2018, 8:28 pm
Why is the class size so small?
We are a yeshivish family so I’m wondering if my son could fit in. With this child we have to think out of the box a little so not being in a very yeshivish mesivta might be the best thing for him.
No behavior issues... but a bit confused about life.. are all 13 year olds confused? Probably...

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Dec 16 2018, 9:08 pm
Where did you see the ad? Are there students from lakewood enrolled in the yeshiva? This sounds like an interesting option for a boy who does not want to dorm, yet is looking for a different education than what is offered in town.

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Dec 16 2018, 9:48 pm
Where in Manalapan is the Yeshiva located?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics