Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Glad there's a World of Computers forum here

Sanguine

Post Wed, Feb 26 2014, 12:42 pm
I'm so glad there's a World of Computers forum here. I hope there's a whole gang of computer geeks here that can help me solve my problem.

OK - here's the problem (why do I have a feeling there's no one home in the World of Computers forum? - I never really see posts from here)

I use Winmail as my mail program. Now, suddenly, every time I click on a new mail to read it I get this message:

which is driving me crazy cause I have to click on it for each mail. Now why do you care??? Because all those mails tell me about posts on Imamother (and some other stuff). My email is Gmail - any ideas?

Stars

Post Wed, Feb 26 2014, 12:48 pm
Did you recently change your password?

Sanguine

Post Wed, Feb 26 2014, 1:38 pm
Stars wrote:
Did you recently change your password?

Nope. I didn't do anything (I think this once happened before but can't emember what it was)

greenfire

Post Wed, Feb 26 2014, 1:45 pm
for starters ... click on your imamother 'edit profile' at the top of the page ... scroll down to where it says 'preferences' & where it says
Quote:
Always notify me of replies:
Sends an e-mail when someone replies to a topic you have posted in.
This can be changed whenever you post.

choose 'No'

you can do that with facebook too - but since I'm not on it I cannot tell you how to proceed so as not to get an e-mail box full of clutter

Sanguine

Post Wed, Feb 26 2014, 1:56 pm
greenfire wrote:
for starters ... click on your imamother 'edit profile' at the top of the page ... scroll down to where it says 'preferences' & where it says
Quote:
Always notify me of replies:
Sends an e-mail when someone replies to a topic you have posted in.
This can be changed whenever you post.

choose 'No'

you can do that with facebook too - but since I'm not on it I cannot tell you how to proceed so as not to get an e-mail box full of clutter

But I want to know which ones get answered (see, I found you now - was about to go to sleep it's almost12 here - but there you were Very Happy )

I don't really have facebook. I defriended anyone who posted too much. I kept 15 token "friends" cause that's how I remember my birthday when people send me happy birthday wishes so I need it to come to my email

Sanguine

Post Wed, Feb 26 2014, 1:59 pm
Going to sleep. Maybe my computer will wake up in a better mood tomorrow

greenfire

Post Wed, Feb 26 2014, 2:04 pm
turn it completely off so it rests well ...

Sanguine

Post Wed, Feb 26 2014, 10:53 pm
computer woke up happy today - (I guess it needs less sleep than I do)

Think that cup of coffee I poured over it did the job?

Thanks for everyone's concern

Sanguine

Post Mon, Apr 07 2014, 3:58 am
Got the real answer!!

I'm sure no one cares now but I got the problem again so I came back here to see how I solved this last time and it didn't work Crying

Now I figured out the real answer so in case anyone stumbles over this thread they may as well find the answer (nobody ever comes back once they solve a problem), but mainly I'm posting it here so if I have this problem again I'll find the solution (If there was a way to post but not have this show under Recent Topics, I would)

So the solution was so easy. Since I use only Windows Live Mail, I never really go into the actual Gmail account. I didn't realize that DD had used my computer and signed me out of Gmail and signed herself in. So I now just signed into Gmail with my account and now my WLM is perfect!

monseychick

Post Mon, Apr 07 2014, 8:12 am
Well, Duh... LOL LOL LOL

Thats a crucial piece of info you left out of your OP.. You didnt mention there were several users..

I was up all nite scratching my head. Now I am all groggy Mad

I need coffee an d a sheitlmacher

Sanguine

Post Mon, Apr 07 2014, 9:04 am
monseychick wrote:
Well, Duh... LOL LOL LOL

Thats a crucial piece of info you left out of your OP.. You didnt mention there were several users..

I was up all nite scratching my head. Now I am all groggy Mad

I need coffee an d a sheitlmacher

I originally asked the question in February. I hope you've done more with your life than worry about it since then. Well, at least you can start cleaning for Pesach now.

Thanks for caring so much
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics