Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Erased faces ?!?!?!
1  2  3  4  Next

greenfire

Post Wed, Feb 26 2014, 8:13 pm
did they really erase the little girls' faces for purim costumes on page 5 ... what are they haman ?!?!?!

http://weeklylink.com/weekly-I.....ssue/

Rutabaga

Post Wed, Feb 26 2014, 8:17 pm
Oy.

mummiedearest

Post Wed, Feb 26 2014, 8:18 pm
yes, they did. and lol at that lil orphan annie costume with sleevies...

so sad.

greenfire

Post Wed, Feb 26 2014, 8:22 pm
as a side point my daughter recently did the rubiks cube in a couple of hours & I think she'd look zexy in that rubik's costume

mummiedearest

Post Wed, Feb 26 2014, 8:23 pm
greenfire wrote:
as a side point my daughter recently did the rubiks cube in a couple of hours & I think she'd look zexy in that rubik's costume
Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

octopus

Post Wed, Feb 26 2014, 8:26 pm
thank you for posting. I think this is disturbing ans was going to post but you beat me to it. I refuse to buy costumes from stores that do this.

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Feb 26 2014, 8:29 pm
I will not let my kids look at that ad if it makes it's way into my house....I think it's very harmful to their neshamos.

Ilana Tamar

Post Wed, Feb 26 2014, 9:08 pm
Always irks me that a frum publication can't publish a picture of a tzniusdik woman (even after she's deceased). Are they implying that even tznius isn't acceptable?
It's just demeaning to know that they'd post a picture of an animal faster than they'd show a picture of me.

naturalmom5

Post Wed, Feb 26 2014, 9:21 pm
The Lakewood mags all do it
I called and complained once and they told me the Rov told them to
But wouldn't tell me a name
Just laugh and say nebach or you'll have a nervous breakdown

Simple1

Post Wed, Feb 26 2014, 9:49 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
The Lakewood mags all do it
I called and complained once and they told me the Rov told them to
But wouldn't tell me a name
Just laugh and say nebach or you'll have a nervous breakdown

The Lakewood mags do print faces of little girls in ads as far as I've seen. I did once see an ad with a blurred face but I dont think its the norm.

amother

Post Wed, Feb 26 2014, 9:51 pm
I'm bothered even more by the frum WOMEN'S mags that don't publish pics of women. Heck, it's a women's magazine. Women rn't allowed 2 see pics of women?

Happy18

Post Wed, Feb 26 2014, 9:56 pm
Cant help but thinking no one would blink if they left the faces, but by removing them they are attracting attention.

amother

Did anybody notice that Toys4U didn't blank out the girl's faces this year.

Barbara

greenfire wrote:
did they really erase the little girls' faces for purim costumes on page 5 ... what are they haman ?!?!?!

http://weeklylink.com/weekly-I.....ssue/

That's the costume! In fact, that's my Purim costume this year. I'll be dressed totally normal, but with a stocking over my face to obscure all my features.

octopus

Post Wed, Feb 26 2014, 10:50 pm
amother wrote:

yes, I did notice! good for them! It's a ridiculous practice to blur out faces. If the girls are so problematic why are they printing there bodies too? yeah, I know, this whole topic is so gross. It's just so stupid to blur a face. as if girls don't have the right to exist. if you have a problemo then just print a picture of the costume without a child model in it. but if you ask me the whole concept(of blurring) is DUMB. DUMB. DUMB. and don't tell me about daas torah. these are children . not even women. if you have a problem with it you are a sicko.

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Feb 26 2014, 11:18 pm
octopus wrote:
yes, I did notice! good for them! It's a ridiculous practice to blur out faces. If the girls are so problematic why are they printing there bodies too? yeah, I know, this whole topic is so gross. It's just so stupid to blur a face. as if girls don't have the right to exist. if you have a problemo then just print a picture of the costume without a child model in it. but if you ask me the whole concept(of blurring) is DUMB. DUMB. DUMB. and don't tell me about daas torah. these are children . not even women. if you have a problem with it you are a sicko.

Just wanted to like this again :-)

mummiedearest

Post Wed, Feb 26 2014, 11:58 pm
Barbara wrote:
That's the costume! In fact, that's my Purim costume this year. I'll be dressed totally normal, but with a stocking over my face to obscure all my features.

BRILLIANT!

I totally want to do this one year. I'd actually add in an oaktag to wear behind me so I look like an ad Smile

too bad I already have a costume for this year. I must keep this in mind for next year. do you mind if I use your idea, barbara?

amother

Post Thu, Feb 27 2014, 1:06 am
amother wrote:

Toys4u it depends where the ad is going. If it's going in a chassidishe publication it usually is blurred and the same add will not have blurred faces when it's not a Chassidishe publication.

amother

Post Thu, Feb 27 2014, 2:13 am
Just wanted to say: I work for a magazine, and often they are the ones who decide what is acceptable tzniuswise, not the advertisers. So don't boycott a store for having an ad with blacked out faces, because they aren't necessarily the ones who made the decision to do so.

amother

Post Thu, Feb 27 2014, 2:42 am
amother wrote:

The one I got had the faces erased. They probably have two versions, depending on where they are being given out. (I got mine inserted in a weekly link I picked up in williamsburg)

Its about target market.

I work at marketing firm. I typically am not allowed to use pictures of girls, and boys have to look chasidish. If I don't then the company I advertise for gets calls from people complaining that their advertisement is too "megushemdik" or the like.I don't have to agree, but if I am trying to sell to a mostly boropark/williamsburg/monroe crowd, then I have to make sure they dont find it "offensive"

If a magazine refuses to put girls, its probably because they have enough readers who find it "offensive" and complain.

I know its twisted. What can you do.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics