Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
What color are your eyes - amother enabled
Previous  1  2  3  Next

What color are your eyes?
Blue  
 22%  [ 53 ]
Green  
 14%  [ 35 ]
Gray  
 1%  [ 3 ]
Hazel blue  
 2%  [ 6 ]
Hazel green  
 18%  [ 43 ]
Yellow  
 0%  [ 1 ]
Light brown  
 8%  [ 20 ]
Dark brown  
 31%  [ 73 ]
Each eye different color  
 0%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 235

itssimplyme

Post Thu, Feb 27 2014, 6:38 am
Green Smile I didn't know it was such a rare colour, that's so cool

yo'ma

Post Thu, Feb 27 2014, 6:43 am
papermageling wrote:
They usually look green or amber. They're pretty reflective, so there's lots of optical illusions (also, I had to check a mirror Very Happy). Which means that I probably should have answered hazel (most hazel eyes that I've seen have central heterochromia - it's very common), but they look light brown if you aren't trying to examine them.

Once I was talking to one of my sister that has hazel eyes and it was so cool the way she was sitting and the way the light hit her, her eyes were green.

I have what is considered blue, but not a pure blue, so depending on what I'm wearing it could look more grey. One of my sisters has real blue. My grandfather had like Paul Newman, light, light blue.

anuta

Post Thu, Feb 27 2014, 7:41 am
My mom, grandma and sister have green eyes. My dad has steel blue eyes. Mine are green in the center and light brown around the edge; they are greener in the spring and summer. So I put hazel-green.
All my four kids have dark brown eyes, some a bit darker some a bit lighter, but all dark brown.

busydev

Post Thu, Feb 27 2014, 9:55 am
dark brown.

gp2.0

Post Thu, Feb 27 2014, 9:59 am
Blue with yellow-green around the pupil. DH has light brown. Both kids have hazel gray-green.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Feb 27 2014, 10:06 am
papermageling wrote:
They usually look green or amber. They're pretty reflective, so there's lots of optical illusions (also, I had to check a mirror Very Happy). Which means that I probably should have answered hazel (most hazel eyes that I've seen have central heterochromia - it's very common), but they look light brown if you aren't trying to examine them.

Ooh, your eyes sound gorgeous! I used to work with a woman who had one brown eye and one green eye, you didn't really notice unless you were focusing on that. I think I worked with her for months before I caught on.

I have green eyes, but they change color sometimes. If I've spent the day at the beach, or in the mountains, they can turn dark emerald or deep turquoise. No idea why. Any any case, I'm happy with them.

Both my parents, my brother and sister have blue eyes, but my maternal grandmother has green eyes. I guess I got it from her. Her eyes are deep olive green.

BabsB

Post Thu, Feb 27 2014, 10:13 am
I always refer to mine as hazel, but my mom likes to call them creek-mud (It's affectionate, really).
So basically light brown with a mossy green color throughout.

m+m

Post Thu, Feb 27 2014, 10:15 am
ME Brown.
DH Gray
DD Blue

I come from a lot of Blue so I hope my other DC iyh will have in the blue family.

Edited due to a typo

zohar

Post Thu, Feb 27 2014, 10:26 am
I put down light brown bec. usually if you don't look closely it looks light brown, but probably its hazel. My mom always called her eyes hazel, but they are really a light green-grey and I always considered my eyes brown until I was getting fitted for lenses and I was looking at a brochure for colored lenses and the "hazel" looked exactly like mine. (brown on the edge and green near the pupil). I asked the dr. "you call this hazel? then what color is my eyes?" And he's like "what other color would you think they are besides hazel?" They do look greener when I wear lenses or after a good cry, probably because of reflecting light. I still write that I have brown eyes on my license etc. Who knew I could write so much about my eye color!!! I must be really bored.

amother

Post Thu, Feb 27 2014, 10:35 am
both my eyes are brown.

Amother because I want to remain anonymous.

mandr

Post Thu, Feb 27 2014, 11:20 am
As a side point, why does the poll read 0% but [1] near one of the options? Is 1 zero percent?

I have brown eyes, my husband has grey eyes, and my son has denim-y grey eyes.

vintagebknyc

Post Thu, Feb 27 2014, 11:37 am
I chose light brown because that was the closest: many redheads (myself included) have eyes that match their hair. mine have dark rims.

an old boss had amazing yellow irises, breathtaking.

LiLIsraeli

Post Thu, Feb 27 2014, 12:13 pm
mandr wrote:
As a side point, why does the poll read 0% but [1] near one of the options? Is 1 zero percent?

I have brown eyes, my husband has grey eyes, and my son has denim-y grey eyes.

Since more than 100 people answered the poll, 1 is less than 1 percent of the total.

My eyes are similar to anuta's green with light brown around the pupil, so I guess that's central heterochromia. I also voted hazel-green.

EmesOrNT

Post Thu, Feb 27 2014, 12:25 pm
And now Kelly Clarksons song is stuck in my head.

rachel91

Post Thu, Feb 27 2014, 1:13 pm
My eyes are green- greyish, but more green than grey.

shlomitsmum

Post Thu, Feb 27 2014, 1:23 pm
Amber brown Smile Tried honey colored lenses once and they looked Orange LOL

mandr

Post Thu, Feb 27 2014, 1:24 pm
Interesting link for the pregnant ladies among us: http://genetics.thetech.org/on.....-have

MrsDash

Post Thu, Feb 27 2014, 1:44 pm
My parents have blue eyes, and all my other siblings either have blue or green eyes. I'm the only one with hazel eyes. My husband has brown eyes, and my DC has grey/green eyes.

yo'ma

Post Thu, Feb 27 2014, 1:47 pm
vintagebknyc wrote:
I chose light brown because that was the closest: many redheads (myself included) have eyes that match their hair. mine have dark rims.

My niece who is a red head has clear blue eyes. They are kh gorgeous.

shlomitsmum

Post Thu, Feb 27 2014, 2:21 pm
mandr wrote:
Interesting link for the pregnant ladies among us: http://genetics.thetech.org/on.....-have

Did this but it predicted blue as a dominant correctly .
My dad has blue eyes
mum brown
me weird amber Rolling Eyes
DH blue
his mother blue
his dad blue
our kids
blue
blue
brown
brown
blue