Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Health insurance - ktin chozer making aliya pregnant

dlj

Post Thu, Feb 27 2014, 8:11 am
Has anyone else made aliya as a ktin chozer whilst pregnant? Need to organise insurance to cover me for flight and health insurance once I arrive until everything is sorted out with misrad hapnim, misrad klita etc etc. Jewish Agency advise to get cover for 30 days just in case but say it should take less time than that. What did other mums do? An overseas insurance company for the flight and then Israeli private health insurance for whilst there until covered with kupat cholim? Please advise.

Thanks

amother

Post Sat, Mar 08 2014, 4:26 pm
dlj wrote:
Has anyone else made aliya as a ktin chozer whilst pregnant? Need to organise insurance to cover me for flight and health insurance once I arrive until everything is sorted out with misrad hapnim, misrad klita etc etc. Jewish Agency advise to get cover for 30 days just in case but say it should take less time than that. What did other mums do? An overseas insurance company for the flight and then Israeli private health insurance for whilst there until covered with kupat cholim? Please advise.

Thanks

Sorry, I don't know the answer to your question, but IIRC if you were gone for at least two years and return married with at least one child then you get full rights as a new olah.
Maybe someone else will have more helpful advice now that I've bumped up the thread.

Peanut2

Post Sat, Mar 08 2014, 11:49 pm
Make sure you are entitled to bituach leumi as soon as you get there. You must call the Jewish agency and bituach leumi. Do not listen to nbn.

You can pm me for some details, but nbn told me my pregnancy would be covered and it wasn't.

If your status is a Katin chozer you may be fine, but make sure.

Peanut2

Post Sat, Mar 08 2014, 11:52 pm
amother wrote:
Sorry, I don't know the answer to your question, but IIRC if you were gone for at least two years and return married with at least one child then you get full rights as a new olah.
Maybe someone else will have more helpful advice now that I've bumped up the thread.

That's a Toshav chozer who married someone who is now coming as a new Oleh with at least one child born abroad.

And it's not so simple. Nbn also told us that's what we are but it didn't turn out that way...

dlj

Post Thu, Mar 13 2014, 4:29 pm
Thanks for the replies. Yes we had checked my status with the agency and I was approved as a ktin chozer with rights to healthcare etc but because nothing gets processed at airport there is an inevitable delay until you get appointments at misrad haklita and they then send forms to bituach leumi etc and thus I was asking.

Thanks for the help.

luvinlife

Post Thu, Mar 13 2014, 4:34 pm
keep in mind I think it takes three months to be covered by the healthcare you choose.

Peanut2

Post Thu, Mar 13 2014, 6:26 pm
I have not found a private insurance that really covers you for pregnancy without a 10 month waiting period.

I've heard you can see an OB on the private insurance of Meuchedet.

You can also book a private appointment.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions