Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Double stroller
Previous  1  2

rb10d

Post Mon, Mar 03 2014, 2:53 am
I second that!! I owned both and the push on the GT is incomparable to the regular city mini

PishPoshBaby

Post Sun, Mar 09 2014, 5:22 am
The City Mini GT def pushes better than the regular City Mini, but there is extra weight.

The Duet is a phenomenal double stroller, the fold may be a bit more complicated, but it's quite narrow. The Duet is more popular for those who want to spend a bit more.

SacN

Post Mon, Mar 10 2014, 1:29 pm
I originally though I wanted the duet, so I took my then 20 month old to try it out.
She didn't fit! Her shoulders were squished, and she was under two years old!

Buy with caution if you have larger kids. My daughter isn't huge, but not tiny either.

asp40

Post Mon, Mar 10 2014, 1:38 pm
Honestly, I have owned probably 7 strollers or so. The best double is the Maclaren. Many of the stroller you mention here were not around when my kids were born (8-10 years ago) But I owned a double Maclaren and a double graco tandem. While the tandem has a good basket, it is a pain to push and lift. The Maclaren was a dream. No stroller is perfect for everything. That was my errands and shopping stroller. I had a triple jogger for walks (but it does fit into any store)

boro parker

Post Mon, Mar 10 2014, 1:45 pm
Mountain Buggy Duet is great! my 2 year old fits very comfortably after adjusting the straps to the loosest. it is pretty narrow, but I like it because it fits in every doorway. I paid $500, including shipping and tax.

smss

Post Mon, Mar 10 2014, 1:48 pm
asp40 wrote:
Honestly, I have owned probably 7 strollers or so. The best double is the Maclaren. Many of the stroller you mention here were not around when my kids were born (8-10 years ago)

then how do you know the maclaren is the best? maybe there are better ones now? Tongue Out

cfriedman2

Post Mon, Mar 10 2014, 3:47 pm
Id recommend the city mini gt or the bumbleride indie twin if you want side by side. both are great strollers and fit in your budget. If you have extra money in your budget I would also get a maclaren double for the car.

mom2boys

Post Tue, May 27 2014, 11:50 am
I have a Mia mode side by side double stroller that I'm looking to sell to someone who needs one. I bought a year ago but only used it 3/4 times. Its in excellent condition and I'm asking $150. Do you live in Brooklyn? I will deliver it to you anywhere in nyc. I have pics that I can email you if you would like. Please let me know if interested.

Momrus

Post Tue, May 27 2014, 12:06 pm
I own the mountain buggy duet. It pushes very easy and I also love how it fits through very narrow places particularly important if you live in New York.

gug

Post Wed, May 28 2014, 3:18 pm
always loved the mountain buggy

boro parker

Post Wed, May 28 2014, 4:00 pm
gug wrote:
always loved the mountain buggy

I just had to replace 2 of the wheels within the past 5 days... Sad

Haddassah

Post Mon, Jul 14 2014, 7:33 am
I'm also looking into double strollers now. So far I'll probably get the citi mini gt for the better push and ez fold. I've heard that the wheels on the duet are very poor quality. One store said they stopped carrying it because the company doesn't stand behind it

zcc

Post Mon, Jul 14 2014, 11:43 am
when I was looking at double strollers about a year ago they didnt reccomend the gt for me as im in the car a lot nd its heavier.
ended up with the britax b agile. very happy!!

loveit

Post Mon, Jul 14 2014, 2:56 pm
I've had the citi mini gt double for 2 years now and I don't find it too bad for the car. I'm 5 ft and I can lift it in and out of my minivan and we use it mostly from home so I always fold it when we get home to save space and I do it all by myself, even traveling. Not only is the push better, wheels much better but the handle bar is adjustable and the seats are slightly taller to accommodate bigger children. Much much better than the reg citi mini. Because of the easy push you don't feel the extra weight.

In fact, my single citi mini reg is much lighter than my bugaboo chameleon but because of the bugaboos dream push it feels way lighter.

fmrelf

Post Mon, Jul 14 2014, 3:15 pm
The citi mini double is great, but if your looking for one that you can also attach a car seat in, the valco spark duo is good.

cholenteater

Post Mon, Jul 14 2014, 3:50 pm
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B008H3T5SA?vs=1
Countors Options LT Tandem Stroller
don't own this but have heard rave reviews. Check it out!

zoom

Post Mon, Jul 14 2014, 4:35 pm
Hi. I'm expecting my second and I have a 2 year old daughter.I just bought the double "out n about-nipper." It's an absolute dream to push, way easier and lighter then my single city mini. I have tried it out with my daughter and my niece whose older and it was so so easy to push. It's easy to fold tho bit bulky once folded but I suppose all doubles are. It doesn't fit through all doorways but apparently it's extremely easy to just remove a wheel and then replace but I haven't tried it yet. Would Def recommend. I can't wait to start using iyh.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics