Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Parnassah expo
1  2  Next

amother

Post Sun, Mar 02 2014, 4:49 pm
hi,
I've just heard about their expo has anyone here went to the expo in the previous years.
I basically want to know if it's worth going to, how can it help my business and do I need to take a booth.
How does it all work?
any advice would be appreciated.
thanks

Success10

Post Sun, Mar 02 2014, 4:55 pm
http://parnassahexpo.com/

There are many success stories from the Expo. It's also grown TREMENDOUSLY, meaning it must have been successful in past years. I've never been, so I can't tell you if it will be good for you or not. Read up and see if you think you can benefit.

amother

Post Wed, Mar 12 2014, 2:33 pm
I was just going to post the same question... did anyone go last year? can you tell me about it.

mommyshani

Post Fri, Mar 14 2014, 11:01 am
Never been there, but from what I have read, treat it like any other career fair. Dress professionally, be equipped with enough copies of your resume (it should be well prepared), and act as if you are going on an interview.

Hatzlocha!

Leahh

Post Mon, Mar 24 2014, 2:09 pm
Bump
Anyone with anymore info?

Success10

Post Mon, Mar 24 2014, 2:13 pm
It's tomorrow, I think. It's not a career fair, they have a small section dedicated to jobs (I think, confirm before you go) but it's mostly about NETWORKING. It's going to be huge, for 2 days, and people fly in from absolutely everywhere for it. I have never been, I've only done some freelance work for them. Just trying to set the record straight, they are not paying me to say anything.

Leahh

Post Mon, Mar 24 2014, 2:16 pm
Success10 wrote:
It's tomorrow, I think. It's not a career fair, they have a small section dedicated to jobs (I think, confirm before you go) but it's mostly about NETWORKING. It's going to be huge, for 2 days, and people fly in from absolutely everywhere for it. I have never been, I've only done some freelance work for them. Just trying to set the record straight, they are not paying me to say anything.

Is it more for business to business networking?
I'm looking for a job, not a business owner. Would it be worth my time and money?

Success10

Post Mon, Mar 24 2014, 2:21 pm
So, there is a section just for women to network with other women in the workforce, it may get you some leads. There is also a large job fair and "business growth section", I guess geared at helping and education people trying to enter the workforce. Here's brochure: http://parnassahexpo.com/userf.....e.pdf

I don't know how much it costs to attend, or how far you'd have to travel. Anything like this could be a risk, it's hishtadlus, parnassah is from Hashem. You have to decide if there's a possibility you could benefit.

amother

Post Mon, Mar 24 2014, 2:26 pm
I will be attending IYH. It is definitely a risk, but there are so many potential benefits that it is worth the risk for me. It is A LOT of work. People advised me against going because it is just so difficult, but I decided to give it a try (this will be my first year). A day before you may be able to get excellent pricing since they are more than happy to fill another booth. Hatzlacha!

Leahh

Post Mon, Mar 24 2014, 2:32 pm
I won't be getting a booth. I would be going to potentially find a job or at the very least, get my resume out there.
I guess it can't hurt to try.
Thanks

mommyshani

Post Mon, Mar 24 2014, 4:28 pm
http://www.thelakewoodscoop.co.....90252

Try this link. Also, as someone mentioned above, there is a women's only area - try that as well. It can't hurt, and at worst, you'll have spent the day out of the house!

amother

Post Thu, Mar 27 2014, 5:58 pm
If you attended the expo how did you gain from it?

amother

Post Thu, Mar 27 2014, 6:42 pm
The people that I know that went were disappointed. It was very empty. I know people that got booths for free because they did not fill up and they just wanted it to look full so that people will come. They charged $36 for an entrance fee and it is quite expensive so people didn't come.

It really was empty. I don't know anyone who was happy that they went.

amother

Post Fri, Mar 28 2014, 2:35 am
I was there Tuesday, it was really full! not sure what people are talking about. The large parking lot was totally full and the cars had to park for a few blocks along the road. Maybe Wednesday was less full. There was alot going on at once so it was hard to take it all in and network and it was more men than woman there although women definitely showed up.
Lots of booths, Not as many services as I thought would be there but looked like there was about 200 or so booths. I liked that it was by industry but it was hard to know which industry you were in because there werent enough signs.
Some booths were hiring but not many, though it was advertised anyway as mainly a Business to Business..
You kind of had to extend yourself to network and not be shy but I met some interesting contacts and I hope they come in handy. The speakers were pretty good. Got to hear the QandA from the Panel of CEOs. Not too many women showed up there but it was nice to hear from the panelists views.
I think it was a decent experience, I would do it again, it was a nice time out, and I think networking is so powerful as long as you put the efforts in and keep up with your contacts so Im not a complainer for this one. The price was fair. Often these type of things cost alot more to get in and most people that I spoke to (that were coming to network and not particularly job seeking) felt it was fair for the industry as well.
I liked that it was a Jewish atmosphere a bit of a mix of frum types.
Anyone else had a good experience too?

slushiemom

Post Fri, Mar 28 2014, 4:44 am
My husband flew in from Israel for it. It went better than he ever could have expected. He had 4 people working for his company with him, and all 4 of them were pitching non-stop the entire 2 days. B"H he closed a crazy amount of business, and he was thrilled with the outcome.

He had a popcorn machine there, and had people coming over to the booth non stop, saying they smelled the popcorn and were looking for where it was coming from Smile

amother

Post Fri, Mar 28 2014, 4:49 am
I'm so happy that people are chiming in with positive comments

I'm the amother who asked how you benefited and I was feeling horrible when one poster commented negatively

I literally felt a stab in my heart

People put in so much effort into this initiative

I was supposed to go but couldn't because two kids were home sick so I was really curious how it worked out

MaBelleVie

Post Fri, Mar 28 2014, 8:55 am
$36 is so expensive?

sky

Post Fri, Mar 28 2014, 2:04 pm
MaBelleVie wrote:
$36 is so expensive?

It depends for who.

If someone is an unemployed job seeker who has traveling expense to get there and isn't making it day to day I guess it is an expense if they don't know how it will help.

But my DH just went to a business Expo out of state that had a $550 per person entrance fee, plus airfare and hotel. So by that extent this was cheap. There are other shoes in NY that are free so I guess it depends at how someone looks at this.

amother

Post Fri, Mar 28 2014, 2:42 pm
I am the amother that started this thread.
Anyway I didn't go this year but I'd like to know for next year can anyone that went tell me if there were any baby stores etc...
thanks

MaBelleVie

Post Fri, Mar 28 2014, 3:43 pm
sky wrote:
It depends for who.

If someone is an unemployed job seeker who has traveling expense to get there and isn't making it day to day I guess it is an expense if they don't know how it will help.

But my DH just went to a business Expo out of state that had a $550 per person entrance fee, plus airfare and hotel. So by that extent this was cheap. There are other shoes in NY that are free so I guess it depends at how someone looks at this.

Right, that was my point. It isn't free but by industry standards it is by no means expensive. I can't imagine that so many people found the cost enough of a turnoff not to go.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics