Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Water in the basement - HELP!

baseballmom

Post Sun, Apr 15 2007, 4:03 pm
With all the rain today it was bound to happen....we have water beginning to seep into the basement. Any advice - DH is out now trying to buy a wet/dry vacuum at home depot (although we are definetly not the only ones with that idea). ANy other advice? We have already soaked all our towels!

withhumor

Post Sun, Apr 15 2007, 4:11 pm
Oh my, I’ll be so happy to pay my rent to my landlord this month!

baseballmom

Post Sun, Apr 15 2007, 6:42 pm
Anyone? Help?!?!? They were all out of owet/dry vacuums at the 2 local Home Depots. What else can I do (The entire basement as about 2 inches). Question Exclamation Exclamation Question Exclamation Question Exclamation Question

shoy18

Post Sun, Apr 15 2007, 6:45 pm
call a handyman and see if he can bring one over, or keep looking, you need to get the water out before it starts to stink!

Piper

Post Sun, Apr 15 2007, 6:57 pm
there are 24 hr emergency carpet cleaner/basement? cleaners available. google it or look in the phone book.

Mitzvahmom

Post Sun, Apr 15 2007, 6:58 pm
ask neighbors....maybe u can borrow for a bit theirs

cassandra

Post Sun, Apr 15 2007, 10:18 pm
There are companies who do flood remediation- but get a recommendation as we recently had a bad experience with one.
Also, in some town the fire dept will come to drain out your basement. Usually there is some kind of drain already in place that needs to be opened, which is what they do, so I guess you could try to figure that out yourself.

baseballmom

Post Mon, Apr 16 2007, 2:35 am
thanks to everyone for their suggestions. Our neighbor has a pump which he lent us, and we are waking up every 2 hours to pump out the water. I hope it stops raining soon. Confused Confused

downsyndrome

Post Mon, Apr 16 2007, 2:47 am
I'm up now not because I'm pumping the basement, even though it is flooded like during the 'mabel', but because I had a late afternoon nap and topped it off with a coffee and now I cannot sleep.
Our basement is flooded and it was a useless effort to pump water today cuz it kept filling up again and again. I find that as soon as the rain eases up, the water just 'climbs back to where it came from'. I am happy, though, that my neighbors, who own the house, have finally realized that we need major waterproofing and hopefully after this rain they will really work on it.

We went down to the basement and made sure to lift everything off the floor, unless it was packed in plastic storage containers, which is the case in my basement - most of the stuff is in plastic.

amother

Post Wed, Jun 13 2007, 11:38 am
3cuties and down, I'm sick for you,. I moved into our rented house at the beg. of March and our basement flooded 4 times. I'm sick about it. We had to stop paying rent b/c they wouldn't do anything and now there are lawyers involved. It stresses me out to even read this thread... Sad
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry