Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Notable Clips & Links
New Lev Tahor Documentary - WOW
1  2  3  4  Next

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Mar 03 2014, 11:43 am
This is the documentary report referenced in the "open letter". I dont think it was that bad/aggressive; I think the reporter really asked the hard, necessry questions, and she made no bones about her agenda. Very well done, and makes my heart go out to the unforutnate families who have more 'normal' parents, such as Malka Rosner. It's chilling to see how normalish they were before - teh girls wore braids, only the moms wore black. The 3- yr -old girls clad in black thing is just horrible. but they dont feel odd about it. Notice how Helbrans manages to adroitly dodge all her hardball questions without incriminating himself. Uriel Goldman calling his son in law mentally ill is really telling. And the way he dodged the IDF question - what a slick tongue.
'
anyway, enjoy.

http://www.cbc.ca/player/Shows/ID/2439826542/

happybeingamom

Post Mon, Mar 03 2014, 12:07 pm
I watched the documentary too, and it the situation is really horrifying.

Growing

Post Mon, Mar 03 2014, 12:10 pm
I watched it and I'm simply numb

gold21

Post Mon, Mar 03 2014, 12:14 pm
The video that loads is titled Canada Reads 2014: Day One.
I don't see anything about Lev Tahor.

Growing

Post Mon, Mar 03 2014, 12:38 pm
Search Rabbi of the Pure Hearts - Inside Lev Tahor

Its also on You Tube

mfb

Post Mon, Mar 03 2014, 3:44 pm
Growing wrote:
Search Rabbi of the Pure Hearts - Inside Lev Tahor

Its also on You Tube

Thanks for the help

mirror

Post Mon, Mar 03 2014, 5:19 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
Uriel Goldman calling his son in law mentally ill is really telling. And the way he dodged the IDF question - what a slick tongue.
'
anyway, enjoy.

http://www.cbc.ca/player/Shows/ID/2439826542/

And he forced his son-in-law to take antipsychotic drugs without a doctor's diagnosis. Scary.

nyer1

Post Mon, Mar 03 2014, 6:33 pm
Nauseating

butterfliez

Post Mon, Mar 03 2014, 6:44 pm
One of the most disgusting things about this is how the refugee board approved the claim that he was being persecuted for anti-Zionism... like, of course the anti-Zionist Quebecois judge guy would love to believe that the IDF is spying on anti-Zionist rabbis, that it's dangerous to speak out against the evil Israeli military complex, and that Canada would save the day by opening its arms to this poor guy persecuted for being a little bit in the right (by hating Israel) in spite of himself. UGGGH. I don't usually get upset by this political anti-Israel stuff, like it's usually just par for the course. But this is SO BAD. That the Quebecois authorities would hate Israel so much as to overlook all evidence, grant a child abuser refugee status, and put so many people at risk. Because of unfounded prejudice, misinformation, and willful ignorance about what Israel (as a modern democracy) is actually like. Sorry, my vent is over.

baker1

Post Mon, Mar 03 2014, 7:58 pm
This just goes to show, how many other crazy Arabs and who-know-hows, have been granted "refugee status" and are there to stay.

gold21

Post Mon, Mar 03 2014, 8:03 pm
Ok, I watched it. For some reason it didn't load normally on my Ipad- it loaded as some other random video. I just watched it on my cell phone, it loaded normally.

But it seems like it cut off in middle of interviewing Oded's sister (with the insane angry looking husband).
Is there a Part 2?

ra_mom

Post Mon, Mar 03 2014, 8:04 pm
Can anyone clarify for me? When was he based in Boro Park? I was under the assumption that he was in Monsey during the time he kidnapped that poor boy.

black sheep

Post Mon, Mar 03 2014, 11:32 pm
just watched the whole thing. (so what if I will be tired tomorrow.) I feel a little ill from it. in helbrans' interview, his manipulation and lying is so obvious, it is shocking that his followers believe him. scary that a cult is hiding under the guise of extreme judaism.

I had a thought that if not for the legitimizing of Gadol Worship amongst normal jews, this type of craziness would never take root. I would sooner call this an Extreme Gadol Worship sect rather than and Extreme Orthodox sect.

Hashem should have rachmanus on the children!

bamamama

Post Tue, Mar 04 2014, 2:23 am
gold21 wrote:
Ok, I watched it. For some reason it didn't load normally on my Ipad- it loaded as some other random video. I just watched it on my cell phone, it loaded normally.

But it seems like it cut off in middle of interviewing Oded's sister (with the insane angry looking husband).
Is there a Part 2?
no that was pretty much the end. That crazy husband was one of the most chilling parts. There's supposedly a link on youtube to the uncut interview with Helbrans about the refugee claim. I don't have a link to hand .

sneakermom

Post Tue, Mar 04 2014, 8:43 am
Helbrand is projecting when he diagnoses members of his sect with bpd. He is definitely BPD with strong anti-social tendencies. When he speaks I also see a babyish mannerism, that he is tickled by the attention of the media and then you also see a very devilish side. A side that gets pleasure from dominance and paining others.

This Goldman seems to be a narcissist that is manipulated by Helbrand and given power he craves. They are each feeding off the cult.

Rosner seems half brainwashed and half he is doing it l'shaim shamayim. He enjoys being a knocker.

Also we are constantly being shown the same women. Mostly Rosners wife. I guess she is the image they are trying to project. A self assured, happy woman.

I also strongly suspect that the newest member the rich guy is anti social and is either using the cult as a front to make money or hopes to take control at some point.

Everyone else is completely brainwashed and exploited. This lev tahor is nothing about religion. Religion is used to fool the people into handing him their brains. And then Helbramds nasty, cruel side comes out and he can dominate and play with them like toys. Like a cat who catches three mice, lines them up, and plays with them before devouring them.

I hope they can incriminate him.

sneakermom

Post Tue, Mar 04 2014, 8:56 am
And one more thing... That husband who sat near his wife. I saw him in other footage and he totally looks like one of the "enforcers". The one who gets the go ahead from Helbrand to "punish" offenders. Within an inch of their life probably.

pickle321

Post Tue, Mar 04 2014, 9:21 am
they should make the women take off those black burka things and see all the bruises that are probably hiding underneath, thats probably why they make them wear them in the first place, so they can do whatever they want to them and nobody will see

EvenI

Post Tue, Mar 04 2014, 9:25 am
sneakermom wrote:
Helbrand is projecting when he diagnoses members of his sect with bpd. He is definitely BPD with strong anti-social tendencies. When he speaks I also see a babyish mannerism, that he is tickled by the attention of the media and then you also see a very devilish side. A side that gets pleasure from dominance and paining others.

This Goldman seems to be a narcissist that is manipulated by Helbrand and given power he craves. They are each feeding off the cult.

Rosner seems half brainwashed and half he is doing it l'shaim shamayim. He enjoys being a knocker.

Also we are constantly being shown the same women. Mostly Rosners wife. I guess she is the image they are trying to project. A self assured, happy woman.

I also strongly suspect that the newest member the rich guy is anti social and is either using the cult as a front to make money or hopes to take control at some point.

Everyone else is completely brainwashed and exploited. This lev tahor is nothing about religion. Religion is used to fool the people into handing him their brains. And then Helbramds nasty, cruel side comes out and he can dominate and play with them like toys. Like a cat who catches three mice, lines them up, and plays with them before devouring them.

I hope they can incriminate him.

FWIW, I had that thought about projection, but in the end Dh and I diagnosed Hellbrand as narcissistic. We went through the diagnostic criteria for narcissism and bpd in an official mental illness diagnosis handbook and he scored remarkably well for narcissism and not so well for bpd. Either way, he's a dangerous crazy man.

There is a document from 16 years ago from Rabbonim in the US reporting testimony from people who have had dealings with this cult (like escapees), bemoaning this cult and listing all manner of horrors associated with it and stating the lack of mesorah and telling everyone it must be shut down and noone must go near it etc. 16 years ago this was well known and it's still going. That rates highly on the scary scale.

Chayalle

Post Tue, Mar 04 2014, 9:53 am
sneakermom wrote:
And one more thing... That husband who sat near his wife. I saw him in other footage and he totally looks like one of the "enforcers". The one who gets the go ahead from Helbrand to "punish" offenders. Within an inch of their life probably.

The guy who is the husband of Seema? He looks scary. And mean. Gives me the creeps.

sneakermom

Post Tue, Mar 04 2014, 10:08 am
EvenI wrote:
FWIW, I had that thought about projection, but in the end Dh and I diagnosed Hellbrand as narcissistic. We went through the diagnostic criteria for narcissism and bpd in an official mental illness diagnosis handbook and he scored remarkably well for narcissism and not so well for bpd. Either way, he's a dangerous crazy man.

There is a document from 16 years ago from Rabbonim in the US reporting testimony from people who have had dealings with this cult (like escapees), bemoaning this cult and listing all manner of horrors associated with it and stating the lack of mesorah and telling everyone it must be shut down and noone must go near it etc. 16 years ago this was well known and it's still going. That rates highly on the scary scale.

Bpd comes with a strong narcosistic component. His magnetic pull, his need to engulf other people and abuse or play them is more indicative of BPD. IMHO

But who knows? It's just a hunch.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> The Social Scene -> Notable Clips & Links