Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Notable Clips & Links
New Lev Tahor Documentary - WOW
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

Chayalle

Post Tue, Mar 04 2014, 1:50 pm
sneakermom wrote:
Rosner seems half brainwashed and half he is doing it l'shaim shamayim. He enjoys being a knocker.

Also we are constantly being shown the same women. Mostly Rosners wife. I guess she is the image they are trying to project. A self assured, happy woman.

I don't know what to make of her. She seems intelligent, confident, knowledgeable. So WHAT IS SHE DOING THERE? Why would someone with brains and abilities, that does not come across as mean, not run away from such a place? She could just as well be me.....

sneakermom

Post Tue, Mar 04 2014, 4:02 pm
Chayalle wrote:
I don't know what to make of her. She seems intelligent, confident, knowledgeable. So WHAT IS SHE DOING THERE? Why would someone with brains and abilities, that does not come across as mean, not run away from such a place? She could just as well be me.....

If I would have to guess I would assume he shows his most charming and holy side to the Rosners. He also probay gives them special treatment and allows them a respected position in the group. Then he finds them an enemy. Maybe someone in the group that is not following up to par or the outside world anything to bring them on his team, fighting for his cause and feeling superior and more special than someone else.

He does this because he uses the Rosner's to legitimize himself. They are so normal and happy. Obviously this place is good and everyone is just making up stories...

Mom3SV

Post Tue, Mar 04 2014, 4:53 pm

Last edited by Mom3SV on Mon, Feb 05 2024, 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total

Fiveboyz

Post Tue, Mar 04 2014, 6:16 pm
What's wrong with me can't click on the link! Really want to view the video. Can someone please post the link directly and then I can click on ot

mom18

Post Tue, Mar 04 2014, 8:12 pm
last sukkos there was a story in the AMI story section about a jewish cult like this, does anyone know was that based on lev tahar or was it fiction?

Zehava

Post Tue, Mar 04 2014, 8:20 pm
mom18 wrote:
last sukkos there was a story in the AMI story section about a jewish cult like this, does anyone know was that based on lev tahar or was it fiction?

It was a true story about lev tahor. They also recently had a human experience story about someone who's brother got pulled into the cult.

BlueRose52

Post Tue, Mar 04 2014, 9:25 pm
Chayalle wrote:

Exactly! Would someone like her get caught up in something like a cult? Maybe that should make us question whether we have the wrong idea about this group....?

BlueRose52

Post Tue, Mar 04 2014, 9:30 pm
Don't worry, I wasn't being serious. Just trying to make a point.

yogabird

Post Tue, Mar 04 2014, 9:47 pm
sneakermom wrote:

Also we are constantly being shown the same women. Mostly Rosners wife. I guess she is the image they are trying to project. A self assured, happy woman.

Maybe also the only one who speaks a half-decent english?

sunshine!

Post Tue, Mar 04 2014, 9:52 pm
From his interactions with the reporter, I can't see what is so charming about him. He stutters and stammers and every word that comes out of his mouth sounds false and pathetic. Unless they are truly medicated until he can exert some form of mind control over them it's hard to imagine him a captivating individual.

mirror

Post Tue, Mar 04 2014, 9:53 pm
BlueRose52 wrote:
Exactly! Would someone like her get caught up in something like a cult? Maybe that should make us question whether we have the wrong idea about this group....?

I got the impression that this cult was a magnet for anyone with OCD.

If someone is insecure about whether they are doing enough regarding tznius and kashrus, it's very comforting to have so many additional obligations.

I don't have OCD, but I do worry if I am tznius enough. If I was wearing a black burka all day long, I would have nothing to worry about.

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Mar 04 2014, 10:55 pm
Malka Rosner is probably the most "normal" woman there. she grew up in Kiryas Yoel, has a "normal" Satmar education, and is poised enough to give a media interview. She came there already as a married woman with chlldren. Many of the other women interviewed grew up LT, or are unstable people to begin with, etc, so its no wonder she's the one that keep being interviewed.

She's such a sweetheart, my heart goes out to her and the other women who are there under the 'spell' of HElbrans, whom frankly, I dont find captivating at all. He absolutely grosses me out.

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Mar 04 2014, 11:09 pm
As to why she's there in the first place....
because I dont doubt her husband would have left her in order to move to canada. two other men, from monsey, divorced their wives and married 2 of helbrans's teenage daughters, when their wives refused to follow them to Canada.

She chose to stay with her husband and children and make the best of it. And/or she was brainwashed....

BlueRose52

Post Tue, Mar 04 2014, 11:27 pm
Oy, nebich. My heart goes out to them.

gold21

Post Wed, Mar 05 2014, 12:19 am
Mama bear, what do you think Malka Rosner's family makes of it? Do you think they're trying to get her out or they accept the situation? Just curious how a Satmar family would deal with this.

m in Israel

Post Wed, Mar 05 2014, 12:58 am
sunshine! wrote:
From his interactions with the reporter, I can't see what is so charming about him. He stutters and stammers and every word that comes out of his mouth sounds false and pathetic. Unless they are truly medicated until he can exert some form of mind control over them it's hard to imagine him a captivating individual.

You have to also keep in mind that he is giving the interview in English, which is not his mother tongue. To the cult members he speaks Yiddish (and probably originally Hebrew), and it could be he is much more fluent in those languages.

Growing

Post Wed, Mar 05 2014, 5:20 pm
Mama Bear I'm also curious how Malka Rosner family is taking this? And her husbands family too.

Mama Bear

Post Wed, Mar 05 2014, 7:38 pm
I dont knwo either family firsthand, so just from what I heard third hand (but credible). The families are distraught about this. There isnt a single family of any LT member that is supportive of them. All families , even satmar, who have families up there, are extremely upset about it. In the case of the Rosners, hwoever, they do try to keep in touch with them, as much contact at the LT members are interested in having with them.

lkwdlady

Post Thu, Mar 06 2014, 1:37 pm
I wonder if the women who were raised frum are baking their mother's recipes for shabbos and thinking of home ... are they allowed to acknowledge who their parents/siblings are since they are not members? Do the children of LT families have bubbies and zeidys ..cousins .... do they go to family chasunas? What do the ladies wear to a simcha???

I am obsessed with this topic --- way too much.

I guess until we have real answers there will be lots of questions.

There are gedolay hador that are revered by all. Do the LT families acknowledge a gadol or is everyone not good if he is not a LT member?

I thought that this group were mostly baalei teshuva so I am surprised that a girl from a satmar family is one of them.

chanee

Post Thu, Mar 06 2014, 2:11 pm
I just now heard some very bad things about the leader from a source what I can reley on, what he's doing with his people, men and woman alike. I don't want to post publicly about the details if there's no proof yet of it in court or before I hear others talking of this. I'm curious if that's true. if it is then disgusting. anyone?
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> The Social Scene -> Notable Clips & Links