Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
ISO an excellent child psychiatrist for my ADD child

amother

Post Tue, Mar 04 2014, 11:53 pm
My daughter (10) has a diagnosis of ADHD and I feel that we are missing something. Shes not autistic bh, but I need a thorough evaluation to re-asess her problems and make a therapy structure. I need someone partially reasonable. I am ready to pay out of pocket but cant afford a crazy amount. If anyone has experience please speak up. Her issues are really getting out of control. WE NEED INFO ASAP.

Thanks.

amother

Post Wed, Mar 05 2014, 12:00 am
Forgot to say that I would prefer a female doc. She gets shy with men.

amother

Post Wed, Mar 05 2014, 12:09 am
First of all wishing you a lot of hatzlacha and hugs. Where do you live?

amother

Post Wed, Mar 05 2014, 12:21 am
I use a excellent female psychiatrist for my 9:yr old son she is high recommended but unfortunately just went up in fee takes 250 a session we find it very hard but see her every 4_6 weeks her name is Dr. Sabina Hak in Manhattan if interested I can get #

amother

Post Wed, Mar 05 2014, 12:24 am
Sorry, forgot to post location! I live in NY metro area and Im willing to travel if necessary.

amother

Post Wed, Mar 05 2014, 12:24 am
I forgot to say she treats my son for ADHD and he has really improved b"h good luck!

amother

Post Wed, Mar 05 2014, 12:26 am
amother wrote:
I use a excellent female psychiatrist for my 9:yr old son she is high recommended but unfortunately just went up in fee takes 250 a session we find it very hard but see her every 4_6 weeks her name is Dr. Sabina Hak in Manhattan if interested I can get #

Yes, If you can please. Also, is she good at diagnosing? I need a thorough analaysis.

amother

Post Wed, Mar 05 2014, 12:36 am
I believe she is. She has a very good reputation. Dr. Sabina Hak #212 760 4774
You can call relief and ask if they recommend her I believe they do .Hatzlocha Raba! A plus my son even likes going to her she is very sweet since you said your daughter is shy

amother

Post Wed, Mar 05 2014, 12:39 am
Sorry I misspelled her name Dr.Sabine Hack 212 760 4774. 420 Lexington Ave.

amother

Post Wed, Mar 05 2014, 12:50 am
amother wrote:
I believe she is. She has a very good reputation. Dr. Sabina Hak #212 760 4774
You can call relief and ask if they recommend her I believe they do .Hatzlocha Raba! A plus my son even likes going to her she is very sweet since you said your daughter is shy

Are u sure relief gives child recommendations?

amother

Post Wed, Mar 05 2014, 1:19 am
Relief 718 431 9501 yes I'm sure I call a lot to ask for my son that is a child they r wonderful good luck!

amother

Post Wed, Mar 05 2014, 1:46 am
Op here,

Thanks, I appreciate your responses. Aside her ADHD she has weak social skills. Not shy at all and has no problems making friends. But she talks like a chatter box, tells stories on EXTREME details and emotions and bores her friends by talking so detailed. can interrupt 2girls conversing privately and has a problen picking up social cues. Just a small picture.

amother

Post Wed, Mar 05 2014, 1:53 am
amother wrote:
Op here,

Thanks, I appreciate your responses. Aside her ADHD she has weak social skills. Not shy at all and has no problems making friends. But she talks like a chatter box, tells stories on EXTREME details and emotions and bores her friends by talking so detailed. can interrupt 2girls conversing privately and has a problen picking up social cues. Just a small picture.

Sorry I don't have more helpful info to share, but I do want to assure you that the social examples you gave are pretty common in people with ADHD. Sorry that doesn't give you direction to move forward, but perhaps some reassurance that you are not alone in this!

amother

Post Wed, Mar 05 2014, 10:29 pm
Halana rothbart
Based in cedarhurst

seeker

Post Thu, Mar 06 2014, 12:07 am
A friend told me she had a great experience with a certain doctor, on the pricey side but she said he was amazing. If you're interested please PM me.

bestmomever

Post Thu, Mar 06 2014, 12:14 am
try this http://www.ackerman.org/
might be a good place to start
good luck

amother

Post Thu, Mar 06 2014, 9:00 am
I know you want a woman, but for anyone else who is looking at this thread:

I \went to Dr. Jeffrey Newcorn at Mount Sinai when I was 11. He was really kind and made me feel very comfortable. He has always been very respectful of frum people.

He's outstanding, a heart of gold, and is also a researcher and top in the field.

Biggest downside is the cost. But it's worth it if you are okay with a male and want someone who will listen to you and make an effort to understand, has a good "bedside manner" and is ALSO a top researcher and up to the latest developments.

I have male and female relatives with AD(h)d who went to him and everyone is happy.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)