Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Guests
Shabbos Invites

amother

Post Wed, Mar 05 2014, 1:17 pm
Did people stop inviting you and DH over for Shabbos after you had a baby? Do you stop inviting couples over for Shabbos after they have a baby?

amother

Post Wed, Mar 05 2014, 1:19 pm
I don't know, I am not up to that stage yet, but from what I see among my friends, people still invite/get invited after you have a baby.

As for me, I am hoping for an invite this Shabbos Very Happy because I just have a lot of work this week, and it'd be so much easier...

suzyq

Post Wed, Mar 05 2014, 2:16 pm
We probably got invited less once we had a baby, but we also didn't want to accept invitations as much - it interferes with naptime and unless the family we are going to has kids also, it can really hard to entertain or keep my kids behaving. I find it more stressful to go out most of the time than to stay at home and have guests. (But I have VERY active kids so they make it difficult to go lots of places Wink )

yo'ma

Post Wed, Mar 05 2014, 2:44 pm
Since we're married, over 15 years, for shabbos, besides family, we were probably invited only a handful of times. I think once or twice before we had children. Our first was born a year after we got married.

Ruchel

Post Wed, Mar 05 2014, 3:20 pm
Unless there's an eruv, small kid(s) kill shabbes invitations.
You can still invite but many people fear the "leibedik" kids lol and you may be fed up to never get invited back.

amother

Post Thu, Apr 10 2014, 8:21 am
They stopped inviting us once we got married!

morah

Post Thu, Apr 10 2014, 9:22 am
We actually get the same amount of invites, but we find it harder to accept. Friday night is a no-go in the summer. Lunch is difficult in terms of naps. We can't really enjoy the meal either way since we have to switch off making sure our progeny doesn't cause damage in someone else's home.

saw50st8

Post Thu, Apr 10 2014, 9:24 am
Shabbos is a very social time around here. People have lots of shabbos guests all the time.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics