Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Which baby formula do you use?
1  2  Next

Name brand milk formula  
 33%  [ 23 ]
Generic milk formula  
 14%  [ 10 ]
Chalav Yisroel milk formula  
 27%  [ 19 ]
Organic milk formula  
 1%  [ 1 ]
Name brand soy formula  
 11%  [ 8 ]
Generic soy formula  
 0%  [ 0 ]
Organic soy formula  
 2%  [ 2 ]
Lactose-free formula  
 1%  [ 1 ]
Hypoallergenic formula  
 5%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 68

amother

Post Sun, Mar 09 2014, 7:08 pm

How did you make your decision?

booboo24

Post Sun, Mar 09 2014, 7:15 pm
used formula for both my kids...my daughter I used the regular similac and she was good....I started my son on it and had to switch to sensitive because he had stomach issues....it really depends on each baby and how they handle it...

picklelover

Post Sun, Mar 09 2014, 11:38 pm
Sunrise j&j cholov yisroel (yellow container).

amother

Post Mon, Mar 10 2014, 2:41 am
One sperm plus one egg LOL

amother

Post Mon, Mar 10 2014, 8:45 am
nutramagen formula years ago -
after trying regular formula

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Mar 10 2014, 8:54 am
amother wrote:
nutramagen formula years ago -
after trying regular formula
same here. my daughter, we found out pretty quickly, was allergic to regular formula and so we bought nutramigen, so expensive, at least here in israel it is expensive. but that she took very well.

m+m

Post Mon, Mar 10 2014, 9:21 am
We used Up&Up Milk formula (compare to Similac Advance) I felt guilty not giving her the brand, but doctor assured me it was fine.

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Mar 10 2014, 9:36 am
For my older one I used similar and then similar soy. For my daughter I tried similar and similar soy but she didn't really take a bottle. Once she started taking a bottle (around 9 months) I used the Israeli one that smells like chocolate that you can't get here. My baby never took a bottle, but I tried similar regular and enfamil.

watergirl

Post Mon, Mar 10 2014, 10:54 am
We keep CY and DH wanted to use the CY formula. Our pediatrician said not to touch the heimish brand with a 10 foot pole, to only use the similac brand. Well, I didn't like the price tag of the similac CY, so we asked a shailah (gotta love Breslov Rabbis, almost always side with the wife) and was told to use the organic similac which is only a $4 difference from the regular similac (and almost always on sale somewhere).

lavender_dew

Post Mon, Mar 10 2014, 10:28 pm
I had to start supplementing with formula, and chose Earth's Best milk-based formula. It is a little expensive so I switched to Parent's Choice Advantage, which has about the same ingredient list. I'd prefer a non-dairy or brand name, but I refuse to use a formula that has corn syrup as the first ingredient.

amother

Post Tue, Mar 11 2014, 6:53 am
if you need to use formula, you should use a cow's milk formula & avoid soy formula if at all possible. http://www.thehealthyhomeecono.....bies/

the hypoallergenic ones are for babies allergic to soy & milk... no one uses them just for fun.

the 'sensitive' ones IMO are just marketing tactics.

sara_s

Post Mon, Apr 07 2014, 10:32 am
watergirl wrote:
We keep CY and DH wanted to use the CY formula. Our pediatrician said not to touch the heimish brand with a 10 foot pole, to only use the similac brand. Well, I didn't like the price tag of the similac CY, so we asked a shailah (gotta love Breslov Rabbis, almost always side with the wife) and was told to use the organic similac which is only a $4 difference from the regular similac (and almost always on sale somewhere).

What is wrong with the Heimish brands? Is standard similac KLP or do we have to buy heimish for pesach?

Zehava

Post Mon, Apr 07 2014, 10:43 am
We started off our first on similac cy but she was always screaming and spitting up. So we switched to enfamil gentlease and she got better. My second is on gentlease to begin with. Whenever we tried giving similac he spit up almost the whole thing.

m+m

Post Mon, Apr 07 2014, 11:20 am
sara_s wrote:
What is wrong with the Heimish brands? Is standard similac KLP or do we have to buy heimish for pesach?

Pretty sure its not KLP, but our rav told us to make the bottles and wash them in the bathroom.

lfab

Post Mon, Apr 07 2014, 11:30 am
For my first two we used Enfamil. With my 3rd I used Kirkland (Costco brand). Switched because of price. IMO the Kirkland appeared similar to regular Similac. As far as KLP formula we were told it's not necessary just to use regular formula and wash bottles in bathroom sink (or other sink not used for food).

malkacooks

Post Mon, Apr 07 2014, 11:44 am
Esti's Mom wrote:
Pretty sure its not KLP, but our rav told us to make the bottles and wash them in the bathroom.

dido from our rabbi. I use any brand that is on sale or has a coupon. my pediatrician said for the standard formula (I.e. similac advance, etc.) there is no diffrence as it is all FDA nutritionally regulated

mandr

Post Mon, Apr 07 2014, 1:18 pm
My baby wasn't sucking when he was born so they had to supplement him with formula for the first 24 hours (why didn't they tell me I could hand express colostrum?!) so I chose ProSobee soy formula since my siblings used it (they had milk-allergy kids). But I've never given formula since then. I still have a little ProSobee in the diaper bag for an extreme emergency when on the go - I guess to make me feel better.

amother

Post Mon, Apr 07 2014, 7:58 pm
Materna, as that was the only cy they sold in our town two years ago. Ds had no problems with it. Now they also import similac cy and materna soy. As I will have another dc iy"H , which one would u recommend?

Emotional

Post Tue, Apr 08 2014, 12:45 am
watergirl wrote:
. Our pediatrician said not to touch the heimish brand with a 10 foot pole.

Which brand is that?
Don't all formulas have to comply with some sort of government regulations regarding safety & nutrition?

bnm

Post Tue, Apr 08 2014, 2:53 pm
I need an all of the above option.

My daughter went from Similac to Isomil (soy similac brand) to Nutramigen (enfamil brand hypoallergenic) to Peptemen Jr. (I think same parent company as Nutramigen)
my son went from CY Similac to Enfamil powder to Similac RS to Enfamil AR to Nutramigen AA and is currently on Elacare.

I don't think generics made the fancy stuff.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics