Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Would you tell stranger that her kids put salt on pizza?
1  2  Next

the world's best mom

Post Sun, Mar 09 2014, 7:29 pm
I was in a pizza shop and the lady at the next table got up to get something. She left her 3 little grandsons at the table, ages around 7, 4 and 3. The 2 younger ones poured mounds of salt onto their pizza, and the older one told them when it was enough and they should stop. The grandmother came back to the table and the kids asked if they can put more salt on their pizza. She said yes. Would you have told her that they already put on tons? (The salt was visible on their pizza, but she didn't seem to notice.)

imasinger

Post Sun, Mar 09 2014, 7:34 pm
Nope.

That kind of acting out carries its own natural consequences anyway. This is a great opportunity for myob.

greenfire

Post Sun, Mar 09 2014, 7:39 pm
I might have told the kids to stop as they were doing it ...

citimom

Post Sun, Mar 09 2014, 7:42 pm
No. The mom was there. Let her manage the situation.

Dolly Welsh

Post Sun, Mar 09 2014, 7:44 pm
A little concerning. It's poisonous in sufficient quantity.

I might, very humbly and hesitatingly. Because they are so little, and you say it was really a lot.

Of course they won't like the taste, but it's iffy.

Last edited by Dolly Welsh on Sun, Mar 09 2014, 7:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

the world's best mom

Post Sun, Mar 09 2014, 7:46 pm
citimom wrote:
No. The mom was there. Let her manage the situation.
The mom was not there. The grandmother had left the table and didn't see what they did.

the world's best mom

Post Sun, Mar 09 2014, 7:49 pm
greenfire wrote:
I might have told the kids to stop as they were doing it ...
I noticed as they already had tons of salt, and I had my back to them and a baby on my lap. It wouldn't have helped to start telling them then.

greenfire

Post Sun, Mar 09 2014, 7:54 pm
maybe they like salt - maybe they won't put salt on next time ...

maybe you should have told grandmama - but I can't imagine this to be the worst dilemma

[maybe next time they'll try the hot pepper flakes]

the world's best mom

Post Sun, Mar 09 2014, 7:59 pm
The reason I'm asking is because I didn't say anything, but then I felt bad when the younger boy started screeching hysterically. It turned out he had a cut right under his lip and it was burning with all that salt. Then the other boy joined him in his screaming and they had to go wash both of their faces. I felt like I could have prevented it, but was too busy minding my own business.

seeker

Post Sun, Mar 09 2014, 8:05 pm
Looks like they learned their own lesson. I would have been conflicted; part of me is nosy enough to say something, and the other part of me is shy. It would probably depend how friendly the grandmother looked.

ROFL

Post Sun, Mar 09 2014, 8:07 pm
My kids used to put on salt on pizza and thankfully grew out of it. Don't feel bad there was really nothing you could have done.

zaq

Post Sun, Mar 09 2014, 9:02 pm
nobody died, nobody was hospitalized, and hopfully the kids learned a lesson. Besides-afer pouring on mounds of salt as you describe, the little bit that they sprinkled on with Gma watching would have made no difference.

tryinghard

Post Sun, Mar 09 2014, 9:14 pm
Dolly Welsh wrote:

I might, very humbly and hesitatingly. Because they are so little, and you say it was really a lot.

maybe if they poured a salt shaker down their throats - but there's no way they would be able to eat enough salt to cause complications when it was poured on top of pizza. It's just too intense for them to eat.

yo'ma

Post Mon, Mar 10 2014, 4:15 am
zaq wrote:
nobody died, nobody was hospitalized, and hopfully the kids learned a lesson. Besides-afer pouring on mounds of salt as you describe, the little bit that they sprinkled on with Gma watching would have made no difference.

Exactly what I was thinking.

flowerpower

Post Mon, Mar 10 2014, 5:29 am
I would appreciate being told so I would be able to shake off the pizza before they eat it.

DrMom

Post Mon, Mar 10 2014, 5:30 am
Dolly Welsh wrote:

Almost everything is poisonous in sufficient quantity.

I think the pizza would be salty enough to be inedible long before it was salty enough to be toxic.

Dolly Welsh

Post Mon, Mar 10 2014, 11:05 am
Agree. OP, you did ok.

octopus

Post Mon, Mar 10 2014, 11:18 am
I think what you did was fine.

try this scenario. I went to the park and felt something drop on my head. A bird had decided to poop on my head- diarrhea style. Another lady who saw what happened then so kindly informed me that the spot I'm standing in seems to be the poop zone for this particular sick birdy. I wasn't the first one to get made on. thanks. Mad

naomi2

Post Mon, Mar 10 2014, 6:03 pm
I Would have been laughing pretty hard if I were there. The kids think theyre "making trouble"by not listening and ruining their own pizza!! pretty funny if you ask me...
natural consequences

morah

Post Mon, Mar 10 2014, 6:12 pm
Leave it be, it's a teachable moment. This reminded me of something that happened the other day. My almost 3 y/o got ahold of a raw garlic clove while I was cooking. He loves roasted garlic, and I realized he was going to pop it into his mouth. I was about to stop him, but then decided let him go ahead. Eating raw garlic is at worst unpleasant. So DS got to learn for himself that garlic is best eaten cooked...
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette