Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Remove smell of cigarette smoke from clothing

goodmorning

Post Thu, Mar 13 2014, 7:26 am
I bought an article of clothing on ebay that arrived smelling strongly of cigarette smoke. (The item listing did not say that it was from a non-smoking house, but it also did not say that it is from a smoking house.)

I sent a message to the seller informing her of the situation, but I'm not entirely sure what I want her to do. In other respects (fit, color, etc.) the clothing is great. Is there anything that I can do to get rid of the smell, or should I just give up and return it?

Scrabble123

Post Thu, Mar 13 2014, 7:30 am
Is it washable? If yes, wash with vinegar... If not, then warm a BOILING bath in the smallest bathroom you have and put in 5 cups of vinegar. Make sure there is no ventilation and shut the door with the "smoke infected clothing" hanging in the shower. Depending on the amount of smoke, it may take a while to get better, but you can always do this technique before you go to sleep and wake up to smoke-free clothes.

greenfire

Post Thu, Mar 13 2014, 10:29 am
wash it with baking soda & vinegar along with your regular detergent ...

Mimisinger

Post Thu, Mar 13 2014, 10:32 am
You can also leave it outside overnight in the air to let the smell help drift away. It actually works. And then wash it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry