Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
How to make an easy lollipop costume?

4Sisters

Post Thu, Mar 13 2014, 10:56 pm
I haven't come up with much from my online searching, but 7 y/o dd wants to dress up as a lollipop/lollipop girl. All I can think of is her taping on lollipops to her shirt and having a sign saying "lollipop girl".

She plans to make some sort of cardboard lollipop to attach to her shirt, and try to make some sort of cardboard crown/face framer that looks like a lollipop (not sure that one will work given the combo of my lack of artsy skill and her age!)

Love any other ideas for the creatively- as well as time-challenged Smile

kb

Post Fri, Mar 14 2014, 12:45 am
I'm imagining some sort of big transparent square - maybe made out of cellophane, with a framework of... I'm not sure what - something semi-transparent, with a hole for the head, and then just a long white tube or even just a stick down the front of her body. Maybe write your name in a nice red script on the top of the transparent thingie, and maybe some red lines?

something like this:
http://www.visualphotos.com/ph.....8.jpg
but instead of the red lolly it would be her head

A google search came up with this that might work too, but obviously with a different twist/saying on the front, perhaps angle the stick a bit so it doesn't give the same impression...
http://72.10.171.98/resources/.....d.jpg

dimples

Post Fri, Mar 14 2014, 9:50 am
I don't know how much time u have but maybe you can a tute/tulle like skirt, funky colored tights (pink or something with a pattern) and I like the idea of decorating the shirt with lollipops or just drawings giant one one a cardboard and pinning it on. Hair could go in pigtails and u can paint her face with lolly pops and candy.

November

Post Fri, Mar 14 2014, 10:15 am
My 12 year old went as a lollipop to school today. Its kind of hard to describe how she did it. She wore all black clothes and had a white stick like thing held up with suspenders on the back and front of her. On her face were circles of color from face makeup, and she wore her hair and head wrapped in clear cellophane. Hope that helps!

4Sisters

Post Fri, Mar 14 2014, 4:16 pm
My thanks to all of you! You have given us food for thought (not like I had nothing to do two hours before Shabbos but help her with her costume....)

Yes, kb, if we do that, we will change the saying on the body of the lollipop!!!!

4Sisters

Post Mon, Mar 17 2014, 11:13 pm
So in the end she was dressed all in white, and cut out a big piece of cardboard into a circle and did the swirly design like on the link you posted, kb. She covered a wrapping paper tube with white paper and attached it to the bottom of the lollipop to be the stick, and we tied a string around the neck to keep it on her. Hair in a pony tail with lots of lollipops stuck into it. She decided against adding lollipops /wrappers to her shirt.

She was pleased with it, b''h! Thanks for the help, ladies!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics